Open Club  ·  142 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

27 minutes ago, Mancunian said:

The online article I was reading lead me to this YouTube video, what do you think of it

Great video Man!  It reminded me I have to find the box where I store photos.  Several years back I started to collect photos from WWI.  It was a collection of photos similar to these, on soldiers.  What I found unusual is that many of them came from eastern Europe like Bulgaria.

Have you read AC Benus' short story for the 2022 Anthology, On The Grass ?  It's about a photographer who takes a picture for two gay teens that shows their love for each other at the turn of the last century.

Edited by raven1
  • Like 1
  • Love 4

1 minute ago, raven1 said:

Great video Man!  It reminded me I have to find the box where I store photos.  Several years back I started to collect photos from WWI.  It was a collection of photos similar to these, on soldiers.  What I found unusual is that many of them came from eastern Europe like Bulgaria.

It was featured in an article on the website of a local organisation. The singer Jimmie Rodgers recorded it back in the 1950's. The photo montage was put together by www.gaytwogether.com, if I come across any more I'll post a link.

• Love 4

1 hour ago, Mancunian said:

Hi Spike, I'm having a relaxed chill afternoon and just read an interesting article on line, I might do a blog entry about it. But unfortunately this morning was frustrating having to argue with the hospital doctor when he tried to postpone my dialysis again. I've had to stand my ground as he just seems to be disregarding the implications of delaying treatment. Cutting my sessions down by half is not doing me any good, but he now see's things my way after threatening complaints and legal action. The good thing is that when I saw his boss, the consultant, I got told that they are looking into the possibility of another op and boosting up the list, I've got my fingers crossed 🤞

:hug: 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

49 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

I have the feeling Man that this is a money thing, and it was good you could stand up for yourself, I am sure that they get their hands on someone that can be cowed. And they suffer and or die. We don't want to lose you buddy!

:yes: 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, Mancunian said:

The online article I was reading lead me to this YouTube video, what do you think of it

This is beautiful, if a little sad too. I will try to be happy some were able to find each other. :heart: 

• Love 4

2 hours ago, Mancunian said:

I love this because it was my life early on, but it got better. Yes in fact I knew the closet! A dark and dusty place that it was!

Edited by Albert1434
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1