Open Club  ·  141 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

2 minutes ago, Drew Espinosa said:

The English subtitles I've seen have it spelled loong. We're both right.

I mean, we watch a lot of the same shows, that's how I've seen it spelled also.  Unless the subtitler is wrong. 

1 minute ago, Drew Espinosa said:

In your face @spike382, I was right! :P

He's being generous with you...

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

School was hell for me. I don't think anyone who hasn't had to live with it can understand just how fuck your life can be. And all the fuck up things the would say to my parents and me. He is very bright but he is just lazy, that was so hurtful. Well enough about that~!

Well, those people were wrong.

We all have our strengths and weaknesses. If the pics you have posted are anything to go by you are a good gardener, I can only grow weeds. If it is you that has cooked the food you have posted then you are one hell of a cook, far better than I am. As for my spelling, I use auto-correct and Grammarly a lot, so I'm not that good there either.

• Love 4

21 minutes ago, clochette said:

Makes me think of a French movie.  A guy is dog sitting for his ex wife, a nice lab named Didier. On a stormy night the dog gets changed into a man... except he keeps all of his dog attitude: running after a ball, barking, eating dog food and... sniffing people ass. So one of the running sentence is "No Didier, we do not smell the ass" :gikkle:

https://youtu.be/EOHde8OUhw8

Hi Clo!  :hug: Been missing you.  I'll turn over the leashes to you for the rest of the night.  Good luck keeping either of them away from a cute ass.

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, raven1 said:

I don't know whether the subtitles are created by an app or a person, but you should see some of the subtitles I see here.  A news service that has an English speaking lady from India commenting on the situation in the Ukraine had me in stitches because of all the weird subtitles.  I could understand the lady with her thick accent and the Ukrainian place names she spoke, but the subtitles were hysterical! :gikkle:

I just got through watching a drama with some of the worst subtitling, but I can't fault anyone doing that kind of work for free, especially not if they're not a native speaker of either language.  Of all these shows I've been watching lately, there was one that was just so well done it was amazing.  The series itself was filled with meta references and things that would go right over the heads of non-Thai people.  They provided explanations and context, and even some of the ideas/concepts that make perfect sense in Thai, but don't translate into English.  It was awesome.  I guess after that my standards are too high. :D

• Like 2
  • Love 3

22 minutes ago, Mancunian said:

I've just watched this on BGT, you have got to see it

What can I say that was nothing less then Amazing! Thanks for that Man!

Edited by Albert1434
  • Love 4

21 minutes ago, Mancunian said:

I've just watched this on BGT, you have got to see it, watch it through to the end

Awesome! ❤️

• Love 4

37 minutes ago, Mancunian said:

I've just watched this on BGT, you have got to see it, watch it through to the end

OMG! I'm still crying. Wow. Thanks, Man.

• Love 4