Open Club  ·  141 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

The neighbors invited us over for a bonfire with hot dogs and marshmallows. To my surprise, one of the lads used to be friends with my brother. I decided not to hold it against him, and we accepted the invitation. The family is also hosting a foreign exchange student from France, a cute guy named Sascha, about 17 or 18 years old. Apparently, he's from Senlis. He doesn't care for the Hershey's chocolate, but he says the hot dogs are good, and he couldn't get enough of Reese's Cups, which was pretty cute to watch.  :gikkle: I was a bit nervous, because Sascha kept eating marshmallows directly off the stick, with a hot piece of metal inches away from his face. :blink: Max seems to have taken a liking to Sascha, and he wanted to eat marshmallows off the poker, too. Sascha said, "Don't burn your face.", and stopped after that. When he asked Max about his hobbies, Sascha said, "Ah, a Danseur! As-tu appris le pas de deux?" Max replied, "Non, pas encore." There was a funny moment where Sascha was holding his hand in front of the fire, and the other boys were saying, "Wait, where's your phone? Did you drop it? Oh! This whole time, I thought you were holding your phone!" Sascha enjoyed the heat from the bonfire, except on his eyes, so he was trying to shield his face from the flames!  :lol:

Edited by Page Scrawler
  • Love 5

2 hours ago, Page Scrawler said:

The neighbors invited us over for a bonfire with hot dogs and marshmallows.

The family is also hosting a foreign exchange student from France, a cute guy named Sascha, about 17 or 18 years old. Apparently, he's from Senlis.

I was a bit nervous, because Sascha kept eating marshmallows directly off the stick, with a hot piece of metal inches away from his face. :blink: 

Hey Pagey, sounds like you guys had a great evening!

Oh I know Senlis, it's like 45 minutes from Compiègne, where my Dad lives. 

I'm not surprised about the hot stick in the face, I mean I'd do the same 🤷🏻‍♀️ :gikkle:

Edited by clochette
  • Haha 5

19 minutes ago, clochette said:

Hey B :hug:

Last night I saw a video about the Emu War... you guys lost twice against the flightless chickens? :unsure: :lol:

A sad chapter :rofl:

We eat them now :2thumbs:

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, clochette said:

Hey Pagey, sounds like you guys had a great evening!

Oh I know Senlis, it's like 45 minutes from Compiègne, where my Dad lives. 

I'm not surprised about the hot stick in the face, I mean I'd do the same 🤷🏻‍♀️ :gikkle:

Yeah, it was fun! Sascha has another month or two before he has to go back to France, so I'm hoping we'll see more of him before he leaves. He also said that our marshmallows burn too easily. Like many American foods, the manufacturers put too much sugar in them.  :rolleyes:

• Love 1
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

Aloha All:kiss::hug:

Hi Albert! :hug::kiss: Hope you and Steve are having a great weekend!

• Like 3
  • Love 1