Open Club  ·  138 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

7 hours ago, dughlas said:

G'day y'all. Last night's storm passed with little fanfare, mostly rain. Though the high is forecast to be in the low 80's/27 it's still very warm and muggy this morning. We're off for our walk. 

Afternoon, Dugh and Thistle.   :hug:  *scratches for Thistle*

6 hours ago, Marty said:

After worrying that the strawberries were going to stay green forever, the current very welcome spell of sunny weather has them all ripening at once. If you lived closer you would be welcome to some of them.

As it is, I may just finish up having to make jam with the excess.

🍓 🍓 🍓 🍓 🍓 🍓 🍓 🍓 🍓 🍓 🍓 🍓 🍓 🍓 🍓 🍓 🍓 🍓 🍓 🍓 🍓 🍓 🍓 🍓 🍓 🍓 🍓 🍓 🍓 🍓 🍓 🍓 🍓 🍓 🍓 🍓 🍓 🍓 🍓 🍓 

0:) 

The season for strawberries in Michigan is almost done. Maybe two or three more weeks before it gets too hot and the plants go dormant. I'll try canning some jam before that happens.  :)  Hey, Marty!  :hug:

2 hours ago, Albert1434 said:

Aloha All :kiss::hug:

Hey, Albert.  :hug: :kiss:

2 hours ago, Dmrman said:

Well, I guess it's better to be specific...🤔🤔 so got the strawberries, where is the homemade Ice cream...??😌🙄😊😊 Hope you're having a good day Marty...😗😗

Hey, Bobber.  :hug: :kiss:

2 hours ago, BabyXander1990 said:

I'm going to be an angel 😇, so I'm not going to say what I'm thinking, Bob...

You, an angel? Perish the thought!  :rofl:  Hey, Xander, Dennis, Jordan, and Ash!  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:  *waves to the other kids*

• Like 3
  • Love 1

43 minutes ago, Marty said:

Thanks, Timothy. :thumbup:

Saved me from having to look up the figures about the carbon footprints of artificial christmas trees. And I suspect that figure of ten years probably doesn't take into account the fact that many of those trees are made in distant parts of the world, and have to be transported long distances to where they are being sold.

Another suspicion of mine is that many people do not realise that a proper rotation of crops like trees is actually carbon neutral... :unsure2:

The biggest issue with trees is forest, especially rainforest, devastation. Huge tracts of it are cleared daily, and a lot of unknown plants--flora and fauna-- are lost forever. The real shame is these lands aren't arable. It takes only a year for erosion and such to strip the nutrients, and they must have heavy duty fertilization. It also affects the climate, survival of animals, the ozone layer... attempts at reasonable approaches have been failing for decades. Places like Brazil are an example of how it can ruin a country... tourism and conservation makes a lot more money than farms destined to struggle and fail. 

• Like 2
  • Wow 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Headstall said:

Tough night, but today has been okay. No Cookie today. My son and his girlfriend took her away for a BBQ today... won't be back until later tonight. :( 

Hey, Gary.   :kiss: May I offer Sneakers as a temporary Cookie stand-in?

2 hours ago, Marty said:

Smuckers? :unsure:

That a store? Or a brand? :unsure2:

It's a brand known in 'Murica for making different kinds of fruit preserves.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Albert1434 said:

Is it just me or is quote not work for everyone

I tried quoting Marty earlier, and it wouldn't work. Probably just a small glitch.

1 hour ago, Dmrman said:

Say...🤔🤔 by the outhouse to give it a nice pine clean feeling...!!!😒😆😆

Don't they use bedpans in hospitals anymore?   😀

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Page Scrawler said:

The season for strawberries in Michigan is almost done. Maybe two or three more weeks before it gets too hot and the plants go dormant. I'll try canning some jam before that happens.  :)  Hey, Marty!  :hug:

Hey Pagey :hug:There's a variety that fruit twice and another one from late June to October ;)

Edited by clochette
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Headstall said:

My tree was made from 100 percent recycled plastic... I bought it from Canadian Tire about twenty years ago, after years of using my own trees from my property. :) 

In that case your artificial tree beats the live ones in relation to carbon footprint

1 hour ago, Albert1434 said:

BTW I have had the same xmas tree for over 20 years Tim

And yours does too. But I still like a live tree better. ;) 

only a few more pages before we hit 999.

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 2
  • Love 3

4 hours ago, Albert1434 said:

I'm going to be an angel 😇, so I'm not going to say what I'm thinking, Bob...

Aloha Xander hope your well today. And that would be a first :rofl:

We are fine thanks...watching the Daytona Coke Zero 400 now...

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, dughlas said:

Prrhaps you could text her ... maybe send her a gif.

:rofl:  Really, I shouldn't be so mean... she's okay. I'm just worried about Cookie, because that's what I do. :rolleyes: 

• Love 1
  • Haha 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..