Open Club  ·  138 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

1 minute ago, Dmrman said:

😊🤔🙄 you Dive... Use the gravity to your advantage...😄😄😄just hit the bullseye...🤣🤣 

Bob...you are crazy...💓

Night all..see you tomorrow....going to 🛌 now...

• Haha 2

G'day y'all. It's raining lightly this morning so no walk. It also seems my phone has died. Was fine yesterday. This morning, nothing. Thought maybe the battery died so I plugged it into the charger, nothing. Guess there's a visit to Best Buy in my morning plans.

• Wow 1
  • Sad 3

8 hours ago, Headstall said:

Hence, the climate and ozone layer. I agree it's been centuries of mismanagement, but it's only in the last decades that our attempts to rectify have been serious ones... yet they still fall on deaf ears. It's beginning to look like the earth's only chance is to wipe us from its face with natural/unnatural disasters that are increasing in strength and volume. This planet--this earth--is a gift we have taken for granted. :(  We don't deserve her....

I think it's more a case of Mother Earth not deserving us.

Homo sapiens is an arrogant species. We think that we can control nature. We think that we are above nature. We think that we are the dominant species.

We forget that we are a part of nature. We forget that we are part of an evolutionary process.

We think that the term survival of the fittest as applied to evolution does not apply to us. We stupidly think that we are the fittest.

Evolution, Nature, Mother Earth may be about to prove to us just how wrong we are.

Mother Earth will continue to exist. With or without us.

Here's something I wrote a number of years ago:

Spoiler

spacer.png

"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors. We hold it in trust for our children."

/END OF RANT/

Edited by Marty
Correcting another of my inevitable typos.
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, dughlas said:

G'day y'all. It's raining lightly this morning so no walk. It also seems my phone has died. Was fine yesterday. This morning, nothing. Thought maybe the battery died so I plugged it into the charger, nothing. Guess there's a visit to Best Buy in my morning plans.

Morning, duggie. :)

• Like 3
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, Dmrman said:

Carhaters...and toilet... Am not putting my a$$ in no pan...😄😄😄 they can bath me first...!!!😁😁

And they'll probably need to bathe you afterwards as well. ;) 

14 hours ago, Page Scrawler said:

Why is everyone talking about Christmas trees?  :huh:  It's July outside! We should be talking about guys with tanned, muscular bodies, and the various locations where they may be found!  0:)

You mean you've never heard of Christmas in July? :o

Spoiler

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Marty said:

Good night, gang. :hug: 

Have to be up early in the morning. My car is making some strange noises. My garage man has told me he thinks it may be something to do with the rear bushings (whatever that means). He's promised to test drive it and then put it up on the lift to see if he can find out what the real problem is, providing I get there as soon as he opens in the morning, before he starts work on cars he's already got booked in for the day.

Fingers crossed it's nothing too serious.

0:) 

Apparently it's nothing more than a small amount of play on the rear right hand side brake calliper.

My garage man tells me it' nothing to worry about and not dangerous in the slightest. :)

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Marty said:

Short answer: No

Longer answer: I can't remember the last time I bought jam (or jelly). Home made is much more tastier (and I know what home made contains).

0:) 

I love homemade jams, too. Plant City strawberries jams, orange marmalade, Peach jams...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Marty said:

I think it's more a case of Mother Earth not deserving us.

Homo sapiens is an arrogant species. We think that we can control nature. We think that we are above nature. We think that we are the dominant species.

We forget that we are a part of nature. We forget that we are part of an evolutionary process.

We think that the term survival of the fittest as applied to evolution does not apply to us. We stupidly think that we are the fittest.

Evolution, Nature, Mother Earth may be about to prove to us just how wrong we are.

Mother Earth will continue to exist. With or without us.

Here's something I wrote a number of years ago:

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors. We hold it in trust for our children."

/END OF RANT/

The last sentence of your rant is the saying of Chief Seattle...a Native American chief...

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, BabyXander1990 said:

The last sentence of your rant is the saying of Chief Seattle...a Native American chief...

Thanks. I knew it was from a Native American. Just couldn't remember who. :)

(I first came across the quotation back around 1980 when I was a member of the Eco Party (a forerunner to the Green Party) in the UK. It was on all their literature at the time.)

Edited by Marty
Clarification
  • Like 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..