Less than a week to submit 2024 Anthology Entries ×

Open Club  ·  138 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

On 7/14/2019 at 8:09 PM, Page Scrawler said:

We're doing well, thanks for asking.   :)

Oh, and before I forget...Morgan, Mickey and I will be going down to Saugatuck in two weeks for a vacation.   :D  We meant to go to South Bass Island, Lake Erie last summer, but those plans were cancelled after Mickey sustained that concussion. We might bring Remy, and possibly even Rory, with us.   :yes:

Going to do some research for your story, Page? I hope you will have a great time and hopefully Rory can come, too. His parents must be nice.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

@Timothy M. I saw this on the news and immediately thought you'd appreciate it.  On 7/11 this year, a baby boy was born at 7:11 pm weighing 7 pounds, 11 ounces.  :blink:  I said they should name him "Slurpee", but apparently the parents didn't agree.  :P  

I'm glad Slurpee is not his name...here, at Winn Dixie there's a cashier with an unpronounceable name. Why do parents give their kids crazy names? 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

:gikkle: For the non-Americans, 7-11 is a chain of convenience stores.  They're famous for their flavored ices called "Slurpees".  They give away free Slurpees on 7-11 every year.  

7-11 is in other countries. There are building a new 7-11 near us, but they are my fourth favorite convenience store - Wawa, Thornton's and Cumberland Farms are better.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Page Scrawler said:

Hey, Drewpop.   :hug:  :kiss:

What's even the point of buying that artificial lemonade stuff? You have water coming from a tap, most people already have sugar (or agave sweetener) in the pantry, and lemons aren't that expensive. Even the pre-bottled lemon juice is still better than that disgusting powder.

So true...and since we have 3 lemon trees homemade lemonade is good. Orangeade and limeade, too...

• Like 3
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

:yawn: Good morning   The humidity has arrived, ahead of the storm tonight and then it's supposed to get quite hot over the next week.  

Hi, Val :hug:

Hope the storm doesn't do any damage... :unsure2:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..