Less than a week to submit 2024 Anthology Entries ×

Open Club  ·  138 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

12 hours ago, Bucket1 said:

For the Australians, we would have had no idea until they purchased a chain of petrol stations and now they are everywhere

11 hours ago, Marty said:

As they have also done in Ireland.

7-11 might have started in Texas, it the owners are Japanese. The Japanese franchisee bought Southland, when Southland went into bankruptcy...

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

11 hours ago, Timothy M. said:

Cool numbers. But I didn't get the Slurpee comment. :huh: 

But at least you could work it out.

Ahh, now I get it. We have 7-11 here, but I don't think they have 'Slurpees' - at least not by that name. And in Europe they'd have to give them away on November 7th, and who wants to drink / eat ice in the winter.

I read that a store in Canada sells more Slurpees in the winter than any other 7-11...

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, BabyXander1990 said:

I read that a store in Canada sells more Slurpees in the winter than any other 7-11...

Hey, Xander, Dennis, Jordan, and Ash!   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  *waves to the foster kids*

• Love 1

7 hours ago, Page Scrawler said:

Hey, Xander, Dennis, Jordan, and Ash!   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Yeah, I want to see what Saugatuck is like in person, so I can make the story more realistic.   :yes:

Why not ask him to do a kilting?   :gikkle:

Hey, Marty!   :hug:

That is why most of my stories are based in Florida and New England - mostly Connecticut and Maine. I do have a Nifty story about the outer Banks. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, BabyXander1990 said:

That is why most of my stories are based in Florida and New England - mostly Connecticut and Maine. I do have a Nifty story about the outer Banks. 

What's the story called?   :)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

What's the story called?   :)

I wrote it when Dennis, his parents, me and his siblings took a trip to the OBX. I forget when I wrote it, I think in 2003...

And I forgot what the title was...I know it was bad...

I can't even find it on Nifty.. I know at the time I didn't use my name, but used a psuedonym...

Edited by BabyXander1990
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

Time for dinner.  Bacon cheddar burgers with roasted Brussels sprouts. :) 

Just had grilled hot dogs and potato salad here....to hot to do much cooking...and besides I was running errands for Dennis...going to the dump for one thing...Ash was babysitting today....Dennis asked me to run to the dump because all 5 of our trailers were full of junk... and he needed it to be empty...he was at the dump to...and his partners were, too...they were remodeling 3 homes and gutting one house (a $800,000 house) together it ready to be torn down...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 2

4 hours ago, Page Scrawler said:

OMG! Two penguins in New Zealand broke into a food truck that was selling sushi!   :rofl:

Police:  'So the criminals were dressed as penguins?'

Food truck operator: 'No, they were penguins!'

Police: 'You are under arrest for public intoxication!' 

😀

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, BabyXander1990 said:

Ok...if you are going to use that to remove a spider, make sure your insurance is up to date..😀

I think she was looking to strip paint :rofl:

• Haha 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..