Going back to sleep now :yawn:

lol !! :rofl:

Happy dreams, B :) 

Edited by Marty
Tidying up
  • Love 1
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, Bucket1 said:

I’m greedy, I want it warm during the day and just a little cooler in the evenings - Spring all year round :yes: 

Hey, Tea Bat.   :hug:  I made a strawberry-and-mint flavored tea, and put some in a thermos to go with lunch.   :)

5 hours ago, Headstall said:

B is a sweet brother, but I wouldn't hold my breath. :P 

Hey, Gary.   :hug:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

51 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

Hey, Marty!   :hug:  We had deli sandwiches and kettle potato chips for lunch today. We went out to an orchard overlooking West Traverse Bay and picked a few quarts of cherries, for a small price. The farmer was nice enough to let us spread a picnic blanket in the shade, as long as we promised to pick up after ourselves.

Hi, Page! :hug:

Sounds idyllic. :) 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Marty said:

Mental note to self:

Chips means potato crisps in North America. What we call chips in Ireland and Britain are known as fries over there.

Quick change of subject:

I've just been reminded that, seven years ago yesterday evening, I was in Dublin for an open air concert featuring around three and a half hours of non-stop music and song by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band.

Interestingly, a few evenings earlier, Bruce had had his microphone turned off by the concert organisers in Hyde Park, London, when his concert went over a curfew that had been set by Westminster City Council. Perhaps more interesting is that the then Mayor of London, a certain Boris Johnson, was upset by the microphone having been turned off. He apparently said that they (Paul McCartney was on stage with Bruce at the time) should have been allowed to "Jam in the name of the Lord." :huh:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2012/jul/15/bruce-springsteen-microphone-switched-off

Chip trucks over here serve fries... deep fried potatoes. And yeah, chips are also potato crisps, as you call them. It would be hella hot in a chip truck on a day like this... they serve a lot of deep fried stuff, including fish and chips. :) 

Edited by Headstall
  • Like 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..