[dkstories] Dawn of Tears revisited

With the arrival of chapter 33 of Dawn of Tears in my mailbox, I knew it was time to re-read the posted chapters to refresh my memory about the storyline. Boy was I glad I did - it was like re-connecting with an old friend!

Being immersed in "Do Over" for the past year relegated this story to the forgotten corners of my brain. I did remember that I really liked the story and was sad when DK stopped writing it to work on other ideas. I wanted to see a resolution - an ending that has been hinted at with the introduction of every new chapter.

There was no shortage of emotions even though I'd read it all before. I am as enthralled with this story now as I ever was. Dylan kicks a*s!

To my surprise, I discovered previously unrealized connections between DK's later works (VJ and DO) and DOT. For those of you who got to read VJ/DO before reading DOT: did you pick up on these connections?

As for the posted chapters, it was nice to read them again. My

We'll see about the new Forum section...as for the revised chapters, I've sent the first three to Myr and plan to send the rest really soon...whether they are getting posted or not, well I might have to beg but they should be...

Edit here...the prologue as well as chapters 1-3 of Dawn of Tears, as revised, have been posted.

Dylan kicks a*s!

To my surprise, I discovered previously unrealized connections between DK's later works (VJ and DO) and DOT. For those of you who got to read VJ/DO before reading DOT: did you pick up on these connections?

Edit here...the prologue as well as chapters 1-3 of Dawn of Tears, as revised, have been posted.

I agree, Dylan kicks a*s. He turns me on.

I read VJ & DO/DOR before I read DoT. I saw a lot of connections and similarities to between them. I also saw vast differences that make each one unique, Which is fantastic. The one constant is that I can't stop reading.

Now I'm happy. It's only been 3 months since I finished Dot, And I'm looking forward to re-reading it as the revised chapters come out and I'm really excited that it is being finished. Thank you Dan!!!!

B)

With the arrival of chapter 33 of Dawn of Tears in my mailbox, I knew it was time to re-read the posted chapters to refresh my memory about the storyline. Boy was I glad I did - it was like re-connecting with an old friend!

Being immersed in "Do Over" for the past year relegated this story to the forgotten corners of my brain. I did remember that I really liked the story and was sad when DK stopped writing it to work on other ideas. I wanted to see a resolution - an ending that has been hinted at with the introduction of every new chapter.

There was no shortage of emotions even though I'd read it all before. I am as enthralled with this story now as I ever was. Dylan kicks a*s!

I'm going to be re-reading the whole series too, as I'm sure I've forgotten plenty. I'm going to be reading the re-edited version as it's posted, starting today (I see it just went up! Thanks DK and Emoe!)

Connections between VJ and DOT? Hmmmm... I think I missed that. Hmmm... I'll take a stab at it though:

Could the similarities in the use of "control", especially by the Mormon cult, be very similar to the role Euphoria plays in VJ2? Sort of an analogy about the corruption of power?

I'll keep an eye out for any connections while re-reading. Thanks, Emoe!

Hey ...

I'm delighted :great: to follow the new adventures of Dylan. Of course there are strong connections between all the stories of DK. It's amazing to compare the characters of the actors with Dan himself according his own story (see his firsts blogs)

Thanks a lot Dan for all your stories and for the opportunity to meet so many friends abroad in your Forum.

Old Bob

Edited by old bob
We'll see about the new Forum section...

And now we have a new DOT forum! :great::great::great::great:

Hey ...

I'm delighted :great: to follow the new adventures of Dylan. Of course there are strong connections between all the stories of DK. It's amazing to compare the characters of the actors with Dan himself according his own story (see his firsts blogs)

Thanks a lot Dan for all your stories and for the opportunity to meet so many friends abroad in your Forum.

Old Bob

Reading DK's blog from the beginning is something that I highly recommend to anyone who hasn't done so.

:read:

Bob, I certainly second that "thanks" for the opportunity to make so many new friends here, and of course for all the wonderful stories too!