Searching for gay fiction & literature - always!

10 hours ago, ReaderPaul said:

@Jkeeletupelo -- do you like novels, novellas, short stories, or some of all the above?  Do you like science fiction, or fantasy, or historical/semi-historical fiction?  Do the stories you read have to have mainly gay/bi/lesbian/trans characters, or do you just like well-written stories?  Do they have to me stories about mostly adult characters and situations, or can they have some or mostly teen characters?

If you like well-written stories featuring teens and some adults, I would suggest many of the stories of @Geron Kees.  His Doorways series is good science fiction featuring two gay teen boyfriends and the grandfather of one of them.  ["The Odd, Onward Door"; "Never a Door Lost"; and The Darkness Between Doors.]  (The grandfather, Mike, becomes a major character in the second story, although important in the first story.)   Geron's "Charlie Boone" series mixes fiction and sci-fi and fantasy, but then leans mostly to science fiction later in the series.  His "Z is for Zombie" multi-chapter story mixes end-of-the-world survival fiction and science fiction, but his zombies are NOT like any you have seen before.  Geron's shorter stories often have great observations about human nature, even an enjoyable partly humorous story like "The Party of the Third Part."

Dabeagle has written a lot of good stories.  So has Mawgrim.  And have you checked out the stories of Myr, Ronyx, C James, James Savik, Bill W, and too many others to mention here on this site.

I've read most of what you mentioned here, and the ones I have not, i will check out!! Thank you!!

Some of my favorite authors are Chris James (not to be confused with the C James who's already been mentioned), Mihangel (whose Indelicate Frivolities series is bawdy, erudite, and lots of fun), Bi Janus, Dave Preecher, Gee Whillickers, J Donley, Sequoyah Pendor, Art West, Mark Peters, Boudreaux, and David Lee.  Most of them are available on more than one site, and sometimes the story lists differ from site to site, so it's worth looking for them in each site.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, BigBen said:

Some of my favorite authors are Chris James (not to be confused with the C James who's already been mentioned), Mihangel (whose Indelicate Frivolities series is bawdy, erudite, and lots of fun), Bi Janus, Dave Preecher, Gee Whillickers, J Donley, Sequoyah Pendor, Art West, Mark Peters, Boudreaux, and David Lee.  Most of them are available on more than one site, and sometimes the story lists differ from site to site, so it's worth looking for them in each site.

I will be checking out the ones I am not already familiar with as soon as I get home!!

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

@Jkeeletupelo, here are some additional suggestions of specific science fiction and/or fantasy stories available right here on GA.

@Dabeagle is a great writer (of more than just science fiction/fantasy).  He has written a great story, "You Don't Know Me," which has an angle I had not seen in this exact form.  A dying gay man in his fifties has his mental essence sent to the body of a fifteen-year-old self-absorbed straight-boy who was in a car accident.  Another great story by Dabeagle is "Ouroborus, Inc."  He has written a lot of great stories not science fiction, as well.

@JamesSavik has written a log of good science fiction, including "In the Shadow of the Dragon".  Five teen boys are sent to a place in the Colorado mountains by their parents to, hopefully, avoid the results of a nuclear and biological war. which is starting.  James has also written a lot of science fiction short chapters in "Get Into James Shorts."  He has other really good stories, here on GA, so he is well worth looking up.  

Gee Whillikers (pseudonym) is not yet on GA, but I keep hoping.

As I think of others, I will let you know.

• Love 1
On 1/6/2023 at 2:01 PM, ReaderPaul said:

Gee Whillikers (pseudonym) is not yet on GA, but I keep hoping.

Really?  I thought I'd read The Wish on GA.  Oh, well!  My favorites are the short stories Out of My League and Northern Lights, and the novella Exothermic Reaction.

I don't believe I mentioned the author who goes variously by Sinbad and Bruin Fisher, who is also well worth reading.  I'm particularly fond of his novella Winter Holiday.

Edited by BigBen
  • Like 1
31 minutes ago, BigBen said:

Really?  I thought I'd read The Wish on GA.  Oh, well!  My favorites are the short stories Out of My League and Northern Lights, and the novella Exothermic Reaction.

I don't believe I mentioned the author who goes variously by Sinbad and Bruin Fisher, who is also well worth reading.  I'm particularly fond of his novella Winter Holiday.

@BigBen, Gee IS on GA.  I must have typed something wrong in the search bar when I was trying to find him here a few days ago.  He has "The Wish," "A Zombie Valentine," "The Costume," "Northern Lights," and "My Best friend" on here.

"Out of my League" is not on here -- yet.  I hope he brings it here.  "Borderline Insanity" and "The Scariest Costume of All" are two other great stories by @Gee Whillickers that I wish would appear on GA.  One of Gee's BEST stories is "The Spelling Be," and I wish it would appear here.

I see a story here I don't remember reading by Gee Whillikers.  I will have to find time to read it in the next two or three days.