Hello everyone, and all.

I am searching for a story that must to my dismay was not in my reading history. 

It was something I had stumbled upon when I first started reading here....over a year ago. 

Here is what I can remember;

the main character was in a family of those who held/used magic, but he did not. There were other siblings, a sister and a brother, there might have been one more but my memory is fuzzy.

I think there was a family friend that was sweet on him, but I use the word sweet lightly because he was actually kind of mean. Pushy, and uncaring towards if he actually liked him. He just wanted him, his feels aside.

the main character goes in to town, I think, and he is in this alley way and about to be attacked. An unsavory character, who everyone says is evil, who he had gone to see steps out and for a moment he can see from his perspective before he scares away the thugs. I think this unsavory character was refusing to answer the door when the trouble started. - i think evil character dresses all in black

From there, they unlock the main characters magic together. Which comes with its own consequences, and suspicions.

The seeing bit becomes a pattern, on the main characters end. It also helps him out when the family friend, displays some of his not so nice behaviors. Which get interrupted by the evil character. Who at this point doesn't seem so evil anymore. 

because at a risk of spoilers the unsavory character admits, after a stay at someone else house, who mentions that he is someone else magical assassin or something of the likes, that when the main character arrived. HE too could see from his perspective at the beginning. He just had a really good poker face.

and that is it.

I cannot remember any more.

I know there is more, but I lost the story, I didn't save it, and my billion tabs in my too many windows closed. After life got me distracted and I never had enough details to find it to be able to finish it and I'd really love to do just that. Finish the story. ( and clearly reread the start of it if my memory is this vague)

If anyone, has any clue on what I am talking about your help is appreciated. 

If you see this, and have no clue, I still thank you for at least reading this and trying to see if you can help.

Weary and saddened, 

Quilah

On 3/16/2024 at 7:56 PM, Zombie said:

Have you browsed the categories + searchable tags in the Stories tab for ‘magic’ and other story aspects?

I will give this a try. Thanks so much for the suggestion. 

• Like 1