Oh yeah? Well my C student can beat up your honor roll student!

I love those bumper stickers lol.

My marine can take out your honor student at 500 yards.

Come on!!!

While I agree it's nothing like Rory and what's his name, there is obvious attraction from Frank to both 'David' & 'Oliver'. Frank is probably just confused as to who he likes more. Wait till he finds out that he's going to get two for the price of one cause they are one and the same.

Vic

I don't know, it seems to be more along the lines of the flirting between Luke and Rory, the soul mates. And Dom kept them apart until the sequel.

It is Shane... or is it Seth? :P

I just know him as bland boy.

Or it might be like "The Log Way," in that you can't understand the title until you find out what letter is missing.

Interesting theory.

"The Other Side of Men"

"Then Other Side of Me"

"The Other's Side of Me"

"The Others Side of Me"

"The Other Sides of Me"

"The Other Side off Me"

Or maybe it's "The Other Side of Mel" and there's some anti-semitism coming up.

Any I missed?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grrrr DOM left a cliffhanger....I hate it when authors leave cliffhangers! More! Now!

Hmm

A heavy case of selfloathing I think.

Trebs have some work to do to get Dan to love himself again...

Kurt, you made FAR too many extreme statements

I think that this would support thr theroy that Oliver and David are one person. David got beat by Mr. Martain at the end of chapter 3.

Yes, and during that scene, David encountered Oliver in the same situation. Is it not at all possible that Oliver was being punished as well for going against his parents' will? He seems to do it a lot, and this time they actually came to the Seaberg residence looking for him.

I think that he is not remembering things because when the things happen, he 'is' David. And I think that Oliver would not be able to remeber things that David did because it was Davids 'mind' that was doing it, not Olivers. This supports Oliver and David being one person.

Who's to say that he IS David during his blackouts? Oliver has said before that he was blamed for hurting some other kids dog during a blackout. When we met David, he made it CLEAR that he was David, and not Oliver. So logically, if he was David in his blackouts, then David would have hurt the dog, and taken the blame. But no, OLIVER was blamed.

This is our first sign that Frank is even gay. This along with the holding of hands in the woods. Maybe he has a thing for Oliver, I am not sure yet...

I'm loosely holding onto the idea that Frank did the hand holding more for protecting his friend than anything else. He took Oliver out of the house to protect him from his parents until Jessica returned home from work. Though I won't say that you are wrong, because I personally think it is still too "up in the air" to make a solid conclusion.

I think that this part is VERY important. If in fact Oliver and David are the same person, I think that this is how Frank will figure it out. He will for some reason touch David's head, and feel the scars, realizing that Oliver and David are one person. That is what I THINK will happen. :D

I agree, there are only two ways that I can see Frank figuring anything out, maybe three. One - He finds the same markings on David's body as he does Oliver. Two - Someone outright tells him. Three - He sees the two brothers in the same frame, one next to the other. This whole time I've been watching intently to see if there is a major difference in description between the pair. So far all I have is the description Oliver gave in the start of the first chapter, where he described David as having a cleaner look about him, including the fact that Oliver's nose is slightly unshapely, if you know what I mean.

Well, whoever this is, is the same person that had a camera outside of Rudy's window. Maybe it is Mr. Dron, maybbe it is David (I do not think that it is), or maybe it is some character that we have yet to 'meet.'

You know, you could be right. It could be someone we don't know. Right now I want to say that it isn't David, because it's WAY too early for Dom to be revealing such a clue.

Now, to look at the Title. The story is called 'The Other Side of Me.' The title appears to support the fact that Oliver and Daivd are the same person. David is the 'other side' of Oliver, or vise versa. this is my OPINION.

Now if only we knew who this 'Me' is. It could still be anybody, even *gasp* that cameo appearance Janie is supposed to make that Dom was telling me all about! Lol. :sheep:

Shut up Vic. The right man won :wub:

Lol now I get the feeling that what happened between us all during DD is going to happen again in TOSOM. LRITE vs. SRITE, ODTK (Oliver and David are Two of a Kind) vs. ODOS (Oliver and David are One in the Same). Hehe.

Shut up Vic. The right man won :wub:

Lol now I get the feeling that what happened between us all during DD is going to happen again in TOSOM. LRITE vs. SRITE, ODTK (Oliver and David are Two of a Kind) vs. ODOS (Oliver and David are One in the Same). Hehe.

*sigh* I wish I could bite and jump on the ODOS bandwagon, but now that I'm a Domaholic Forum moderator, I probably shouldn't *instigate* anymore :(

0:) Vic

Kurt, you made FAR too many extreme statements

Well, like I said these are only my opinions.

Yes, and during that scene, David encountered Oliver in the same situation. Is it not at all possible that Oliver was being punished as well for going against his parents' will? He seems to do it a lot, and this time they actually came to the Seaberg residence looking for him.

Could be. Not saying that you are wrong, but that was just my opinion. Oliver and David good have been speaking to eachother in 'their' head. But again, this is just my OPINION.

Who's to say that he IS David during his blackouts? Oliver has said before that he was blamed for hurting some other kids dog during a blackout. When we met David, he made it CLEAR that he was David, and not Oliver. So logically, if he was David in his blackouts, then David would have hurt the dog, and taken the blame. But no, OLIVER was blamed.

No one is saying that he 'IS' David during the blackouts, it is just my opinion. You also seemed to 'forget' where I gave supporting details to the fact that David and Oliver are seperate people. That is one thing that could support it.

I'm loosely holding onto the idea that Frank did the hand holding more for protecting his friend than anything else. He took Oliver out of the house to protect him from his parents until Jessica returned home from work. Though I won't say that you are wrong, because I personally think it is still too "up in the air" to make a solid conclusion.

You again left stuff out, you left out when I talked about Frank rubbing Olivers head, that was my main focus for the 'gay' clues. The hand holding may not have had anything to do with there feelings, it may have just been a protective thing, however, I feel that it is showing Franks growing feelings for Oliver.

I agree, there are only two ways that I can see Frank figuring anything out, maybe three. One - He finds the same markings on David's body as he does Oliver. Two - Someone outright tells him. Three - He sees the two brothers in the same frame, one next to the other. This whole time I've been watching intently to see if there is a major difference in description between the pair. So far all I have is the description Oliver gave in the start of the first chapter, where he described David as having a cleaner look about him, including the fact that Oliver's nose is slightly unshapely, if you know what I mean.

I agree with that.

Everything above and from my previous post are all my opinion!

Kurt

Of course, there IS one other person this photographer could be. We've heard descriptions of him, seen praise over him by the mother, and caution from Frank. He owns an old Ford. We've yet to meet Mr. Dron, who has been absent for all except the borrowing of his truck, and the passing of his house as Frank went into town. So far, Frank has had pretty good judgement (he knows that something isn't right at the Martin house, when others can't or won't see it), so it is entirely possible that his caution over Mr. Dron could translate into Mr. Dron actually being a pedophillic creep.

Very interesting and possible theory!

It could be that, but I'm currently leaning towards Frank and Oliver being two seperate people and the mysterious figure being David.

I'm now thinking that David killed the "witch" (regardless of whether David has his own body or not).

Also as to this being a "gay" story, are we even sure? Is it possible that is isn't? There's been no mention of Frank's sexuality so far, which is itself uncommon in Dom's stories. Perhaps this is going to be a completely sexless tale.

While we're on the subject perhaps the reason this story is written in 3rd person is to keep us out of Frank and Oliver and David's heads. That way we don't really know if Frank is gay we just know that he's apparently not "out" or that it doesn't come up much if he is. We don't know if Oliver and David are one in the same.

Anyway I'm really enjoying this story and I think I kinda hope that:

1) Frank somehow ends up being crazier than either Oliver or David

2) Frank doesn't really have a sexuality to speak of (not relevant to the story)

3) It's revealed that the "witch"'s death wasn't an accident

4) Oliver and David aren't the same person or if they are we've somehow gone into firmly believing that they aren't

5)This story doesn't have a happy ending

I'd just enjoy the unpredictability that would allow for ;)

:o:blink:

Opps, looks like Jim the Editor missed one :P

0:) Vic

hmm perhaps David's mother just popped over and insisted that they leave out a bowl of food...you konw so that the kitty wouldn't wonder and get killed by her pyscho offspring :P:boy:

Anyway take care everyone and have an awesome day!

Kevin

P.S. who's taking bets that Rudy is really the crazy, psycho one? I mean the creepy kid is a time honoured plot device in horror stories ;)

I'm currently leaning towards Frank and Oliver being two seperate people and the mysterious figure being David.

I would certainly hope that you are leaning towards Frank and Oliver being two seperate people. :ph34r:

That could be because the neighbors know that David is simply Oliver's other personality.

Also as to this being a "gay" story, are we even sure? Is it possible that is isn't? There's been no mention of Frank's sexuality so far, which is itself uncommon in Dom's stories. Perhaps this is going to be a completely sexless tale.

Seems like everyone must have missed this part in chapter 1:

Frank Seaberg sighed irritably to himself as he wiped himself clean with a tissue and pulled up his pants. Whoever said that masturbation was a cure for boredom had been full of shit if you asked him. But then, not even that was much fun when he was forced to resort to using his twelve-year-old sister

Frank Seaberg sighed irritably to himself as he wiped himself clean with a tissue and pulled up his pants. Whoever said that masturbation was a cure for boredom had been full of shit if you asked him. But then, not even that was much fun when he was forced to resort to using his twelve-year-old sister
Seems like everyone must have missed this part in chapter 1:

Am I the only one that keeps seeing them mentioned as brothers by everyone?

Oliver considered the question, and then shook his head. “No. He’s my brother, Frank. But he doesn’t like my mom or my dad. He likes to make them angry.”

Oliver says they're brothers.

“They’re very close,” Brian cut his wife off. “David wouldn’t want to be away from his brother.”

Brian says they're brothers.

But as he told Oliver about the time he’d spent with his brother, Frank couldn’t help noticing that Oliver appeared troubled by it, more than anything.

Obviously Frank assumes they're brothers.

I mean yeah, the mom and dad could be using it to cover up the whole situation.

I also agree with what Robbie said:

This story could go both ways right now. Hell for all we know, Dom already wrote two endings to it and he hasn't decided which to post yet. Or he's going to leave us on an ultimate cliffhanger and end the story without telling us. Hah how much would that suck.

Joe

Those images lead me to one conclusion... that Frank is an up and coming child molestor... HOLY PRE-TEEN BAT MAN!!

Oh, come on. Frank's what, 15? Barely older than those on the cover. And really, who could pass up the opportunity to get advice on how to write a letter that Jonathan Taylor Thomas would REALLY notice?

Am I the only one that keeps seeing them mentioned as brothers by everyone?

Oliver says they're brothers.

Brian says they're brothers. <---That's Oliver's Dad

Obviously Frank assumes they're brothers.

I mean yeah, the mom and dad could be using it to cover up the whole situation.

I also agree with what Robbie said:

This story could go both ways right now. Hell for all we know, Dom already wrote two endings to it and he hasn't decided which to post yet. Or he's going to leave us on an ultimate cliffhanger and end the story without telling us. Hah how much would that suck.

Joe

I disagree. The 'brothers' thing is the parents way of coping with Oliver/David's two personalities. The parents refer to them as brothers to outsiders.

There are all kinds of tidbits in the story where things are vague, but this from chapter 1 is very telling :

Very keen observation Vic! :2thumbs:

I finally starting reading this tonight (it's nice to have 4 Dom chapters to read back-to-back!). As I was reading I keep thinking that Oliver\David were two personalities in the same person as you often hear of people who are severely abused using this as a form "protection".

One of the great things about Dom's stories (and the reason he has to have the busiest forums on GA) is that he leaves trails of crumbs in every direction giving everyone "evidence" of their perception of where the storyline is going to unfold... if Dom holds true to form, we won't know until it's over.

Dom, you just keep getting better and better with each successive story!

Steve

So here, in the privacy of their own home, Oliver's Dad (Brian) didn't need to keep the illusion up that 'David' was there.

Good one, Vic. Here's another thought-provoking line from Chapter 1:

"As always, David

Edited by PaulP