[Razor] Rave Boy

Hey guys!

Since I don't like cluttered up forums with billions of neglected threads, I thought I would make a thread for Rave Boy! Anyone who likes it, you can let me know here! Anyone that wants to just yap about it, you can yap about it here! As long as it has some semblance of something to do with Rave Boy, you can do it here!

Isn't this a wonderful place? :P

• 1 month later...

Good to hear from you. :D Glad you're enjoying the story. Well, I'll keep from commenting on Joey's drug problem... that'd be giving too much away. Gotta keep everybody coming back to find out what the idgmo does! :D

I MUST STATE WHAT A F^CKING!! GREAT STORY :devil: I FELT IT DESERVED IT!! I RELATE TO JOEY A BIT BUT IMAGINE IN A CITY LIFE POINT OF VIEW!!! ::SIGHS:: BUT STILL A SOLDIER.... GREAT CHARACTERS ALTHOUGH JONATHAN STILL CONFUSES ME I HAVENT QUITE FIGURED HIM OUT ASIDE FROM THE FACT THAT HES STILL KEPT IN THE SHADOWS, YOU MUST HAVE CRAZY DREAMZ

**dont let the SN fool you

• Like 1

Thanks so much. :D

I've heard from a few people who have said they relate to Joey, and that's always nice to hear. I like the idea of creating a character people really have something in common with and can connect to. When I write, I think about how I feel when I read a book I enjoy; that feeling where your life just kind of melts together with the character's, and all of a sudden finding out what happens to them is a life or death situation. :P

I'm glad you're enjoying the story, and the great news is that Rave Boy is gonna be coming a lot quicker. Make sure to keep reading, it's gonna begin to draw to a close soon, and I think the ending will definitely be of interest. ;) Thanks again for posting your comments!

• 2 weeks later...

I am a 15 year old sophomore, and I play around with writing a bit, but don't have the will power to carry anything through. But if I were to write, I believe it would be much like your writing. Our writing styles are startlingly similar, (Sarcastic, witty, eloquent) I find myself thinking, "Did I write this?" I really identify with Joey, though my days may not be as glamourously drug filled, and I have found no one. I love Rave Boy, and would love to think that we each have a bit of Joey's dark, wittty, druggie persona in all of us. I for one believe myself to be a bit like Joey, just more emo, and with curlier hair. I am not so patiently awaiting the next chapter... so HURRY UP!!! (Just kidding.... not really.) Incidentally, I love Evanescence, and love My Chemical Romance (Albeit a bit less since their rampant MTV spree... And since Gerard dyed his hair.... :( Anyway... Keep churnin' 'em out like I wish I could... For the good of humanity, and God (snicker, snicker) be with you. (seriously, just kidding.)

I am a 15 year old sophomore, and I play around with writing a bit, but don't have the will power to carry anything through. But if I were to write, I believe it would be much like your writing. Our writing styles are startlingly similar, (Sarcastic, witty, eloquent) I find myself thinking, "Did I write this?" I really identify with Joey, though my days may not be as glamourously drug filled, and I have found no one. I love Rave Boy, and would love to think that we each have a bit of Joey's dark, wittty, druggie persona in all of us. I for one believe myself to be a bit like Joey, just more emo, and with curlier hair. I am not so patiently awaiting the next chapter... so HURRY UP!!! (Just kidding.... not really.) Incidentally, I love Evanescence, and love My Chemical Romance (Albeit a bit less since their rampant MTV spree... And since Gerard dyed his hair.... :( Anyway... Keep churnin' 'em out like I wish I could... For the good of humanity, and God (snicker, snicker) be with you. (seriously, just kidding.)

There's a new chapter out just today. ;)

http://members.gayauthors.org/razor/rave11.php

You're fifteen? Hmmmm... interesting... I believe I was late fifteen or early sixteen when the concept for Rave Boy popped into my head. Yes, I know, it's been a long annoying wait between lots of chapters, sorry for that. As for will power... my will power fluctuates. It's not like I get up every day and say "Oh, I'm gonna write a story!" No, not at all. Just some days I DO feel like writing, and it's nice to have a story going that I can think about and apply my experiences and ideas to. I have a lot of stories running right now. The ones on my site are just the ones I think I'll finish soon so they're out for public consumption, hehe.

If you like to write, try your hand at it. Hop over to the eFiction section of this site, and post something. Lots of nice, helpful people give reviews, and they'll tell you what they really think and give you suggestions, too. :D

Sarcastic, witty, eloquent? WHY THANK YOU! You get a hug!

Curly hair... I have extraordinarily curly hair. I mean CURLY. Shirley Temple ain't got SHIT on me.

So yes, check out that next chapter you were impatiently awaiting. Thanks for the compliments on my writing. You can also check out the other junk I have on my little site, you might find parts of it interesting, though I won't go so far as to say you'll like it all. :P

Take care!

To everyone:

Rave Boy is coming to a close, soon, but I'm not sure how soon. I think that it has perhaps five or so more chapters left in its lifespan, but there is good news to this as well. I shall post said good news whenever Rave Boy ends, so this was really just to piss you off that I never told you what I was talking about. :D I LOVE YOU ALL! MWAH!

Hehe, I'm glad you giggled. :D Mkay, well the sorta cliffhangerydoodad at the end isn't really so much a cliffhanger, really. I suppose I should've smoothed that out a bit. One day, when rewrites occur, that could very well be changed. I'm not gonna keep ranting about the ending to that chapter or I'll end up spoiling something that's meant for later, but we'll see. :D

Thanks muchly for the comments, Rick. Take care!

Curly hair is indeed a tad annoying... I need to cut mine and redye it. ~sigh~ I'm starting to wish I'd never dyed it blue, it started this unending chain of dying it black since that's the only color that'll really cover blue.... and now I would look funny if I didn't keep redying... :(

I tried to dye my hair a few times.

The first time I tried a nice shade of brown, which when mixed with the ginger undercoat turned a horrible shade of dark red. Which wasn't fun. That eventually faded/grew out, (a combination of the two but i'm not sure which was prevalent)

Then for the huge party we had on the last school day before the GCSE's I decided to get my hair short, and black. That resulted in me sitting for three hours with a bottle of nail varnish remover and some cotton-wool pads burning the skin off of my forehead, nose, ear, and back of neck to remove where I'd managed to dribble the dye. It took until september last year (2006) to get rid of it all. but its gone.

Stick with your natural colour, its better than twice monthly re-dyes to hide your roots. especially if they're as prominent as mine were..

BTW. I like the story, it took me a while to get into it, but when I did, I was like. 'Damn where are the rest of the chapters.'

Ooooo... you're like me then. I don't even read things that aren't finished because I get all pissed off that they aren't done. Well, my only consolation is that more will come soon. :D And I'm glad you're enjoying it, at least.

But my natural color is so incredibly NOT me. It's plain, uninteresting, thousands of other people have the exact same color... but blue or green or black or whatever... it fits my personality so much better. :P

You know, many people (ME, for example) would kill for blonde hair. Although black/blue/whatthef**kever does hold its allure, nothing's sexier than a mop of dirty blonde hair. I say stop the dying, your sex life will thank me.

As for will power... my will power fluctuates. It's not like I get up every day and say "Oh, I'm gonna write a story!" No, not at all. Just some days I DO feel like writing, and it's nice to have a story going that I can think about and apply my experiences and ideas to. I have a lot of stories running right now. The ones on my site are just the ones I think I'll finish soon so they're out for public consumption, hehe.

I know exactly what you're talking about. I have been working on a story for a couple weeks, but can only work on it when I am in the mood and I have a good hour and a half or more to devote to it.

By the way, I absolutely love Rave Boy, and I can definitely relate to Joey in terms of personality. I can't say that I can relate so much in terms of drug use, and I'm single, so... we'll keep the comparison to personality. But anyway, thank you for continuing to write the story, and I hope to see more soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Next chapter comes out this weekend for sure. I'm going to try and finish it this weekend, so watch out for what happens! Don't forget to let me know if you like it/hate it/want to strangle me with my intestines because it sucked so bad/want to marry me and have my lesbian babies because it was just that hawt. :D

Next chapter comes out this weekend for sure. I'm going to try and finish it this weekend, so watch out for what happens! Don't forget to let me know if you like it/hate it/want to strangle me with my intestines because it sucked so bad/want to marry me and have my lesbian babies because it was just that hawt. :D

No one will want to strangle you with your intestines, for one simple reason: your stories don't suck. Ever. And no, I'm not shamelessly sucking up to you, every story of yours that I have read (including Ana, which I didn't think I was going to like, and still have mixed feelings about) just doesn't suck. You have an interesting writing style that (IMO) can make anything interesting.

AWWW! I could hug you till your eyes popped out! :D Thanks, that was a really nice compliment. :D

I'm just not thinkin' I could write technical manuals in a way you'd wanna read 'em, though. :P

Okay, so the next chapter's sent in. It ALMOST didn't happen... my compy's having bad issues, like BAD issues, and I have to get in touch with the Dell people to make them fix it. And they damn well are, because I have a warranty, bitches. SO, this chapter isn't really what I wanted it to be... but that's okay! Eventually, the entire story will undergo massive editing to make it fit with subsequent projects better.

Which leads me to my next bit of chattiness... As soon as Rave Boy ends, another story begins (unless I decide it needs to be edited massively first... in which case it may take a bit of time, but remember that there's other things going too!). It doesn't matter which one you read first, but you might like one and not the other or whatever. I'm just hoping it gets at least as popular as you guys have made this one. I've gotten a good bit of mail and posts and whatnot about Rave Boy, and it's mostly been really positive. I GREATLY appreciate it. Each person that contacts me and tells me what they think contributes to me writing the next chapter, otherwise I'd just give it up. :D Love you guys! Don't stop writing to me and yapping at me. :)

See? What did I tell you. Your stories just don't suck.

I'm just not thinkin' I could write technical manuals in a way you'd wanna read 'em, though. :P

Well, ok, so you've found the one style of writing that no one can make interesting.

You turn the screw slowly, watching as it revolves, slowly removing itself from it's plastic prison.

And in other news, another great story. And you're right, the cliffhanger wasn't too bad, though I'll probably still be checking back every day or two to see when the next one comes out. Damn, I think I'm getting addicted.

Edited by franticity