[DomLuka] In the Fish Bowl 13

Will Travis get lucky in Chapter 13?

I have just reread The Log Way and have a better understanding of many of the characters in In the Fish Bowl. The last chapter reveals why Owen and Dennis are being nice to each other. While Owen was struggling to find closure with his parents, it was Dennis that provided that closure when he thanked Owen for caring about him and told him "you

awwww Travis is so pathetic... but you gotta love him.

[EDIT]

Okay i gotta be honest. I more or less read this whole chapter searching for at least a small reference to the infamous TADITE kiss...

Edited by writeincode

There was a line in this chapter that said that Allan would never walk though that door again...

I've been thinking and wondering, Someone with a better memory then me please correct me if I am wrong, but did Allan take the gun with him when he left the house or did he drop it before he bolted?

Either way, I'm starting to think that Allan might actually be dead, perhaps gunned down by the cops that very fateful night.

It was a very good chapter IMO, and I look forward to number 14... but until then, damn a black room would be cool with glowing spot for stars.

There was a line in this chapter that said that Allan would never walk though that door again...

I've been thinking and wondering, Someone with a better memory then me please correct me if I am wrong, but did Allan take the gun with him when he left the house or did he drop it before he bolted?

Either way, I'm starting to think that Allan might actually be dead, perhaps gunned down by the cops that very fateful night.

It was a very good chapter IMO, and I look forward to number 14... but until then, damn a black room would be cool with glowing spot for stars.

The last lines of the prolog

“I had to, Travis,” Allan whispered, and then as if he’d never been there at all, he dropped the gun and fled the house.

It was the last time Travis Beltnick saw his brother.

I found this chapter disappointing, it didn't pick up for me until the last couple of paragraphs, in fact from the bit where Travis, said about 'sharing the room' with someone.

That's when it got back to that nice bittersweet sadness and felt more of a story for me.

I found this chapter disappointing, it didn't pick up for me until the last couple of paragraphs, in fact from the bit where Travis, said about 'sharing the room' with someone.

That's when it got back to that nice bittersweet sadness and felt more of a story for me.

I agree somewhat.

This was a good chapter from the perspective that it provided a good amount of background information about some of the mysteries surrounding the two main characters. On the down side it didn't move the story along very much. Now we know what the general reason behind the persistent pestering of Dennis by Lyle and his mother is about and why Travis has an annual pilgrimage on his birthday.

I still think that Travis knows where Allan is and all the money he needs is used for his lawyers. But then why wouldn't Travis just pick up and go see him? Same goes for another thought I had Allan being hospitalized or in long-term care... why wouldn't Travis just pick up to be near him? Also, if he's dead, the money could be for a gravestone & care of the grave but I wouldn't think it would be alot of money (well, the care at least)... ok, enough rambling about Allan & the money mystery...

Hopefully Dom is correct in saying we might get another chapter this week!

Steve

I still think that Travis knows where Allan is and all the money he needs is used for his lawyers.

Or, better yet, help Allan avoid the need for lawyers.

Or, better yet, help Allan avoid the need for lawyers.

I find that a little more logical.

I like this this chapter... it was good, it gave us a lot of background info. However, i cannot wait to see what happens with Dennis and Travis.

TADITE

I am so desperately wanting Travis and Dennis to fall in love with eachother! Obviously Dennis has feelings, as he DID kiss Travis back, but he's simply confused. He's had the history of homophobia in his family, so there are probably still those seeds planted in his mind. Travis and Dennis would be such a perfect couple. :)

I find that a little more logical.

I like this this chapter... it was good, it gave us a lot of background info. However, i cannot wait to see what happens with Dennis and Travis.

TADITE

I so agree. It's been 13 chapters and all we have so far is a very quick kiss! lol. Hopefully the next chapter will make some progress with this relationship.