-
Posts
10,280 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Lisa
-
First off, I am a sister and even though I have a sister and not a brother I still would not blow up like Jackie did and act semi-fake with my sister's b/f/g/f (or brother's b/f/g/f, whatever). it is my sister's life and even though I love her like crazy, I would never tell her not to see this person that she so obviously cares for so much just b/c the person is leaving in three weeks. Actually, my sister is married and has two kids. Her husband in in the National Reserves, and back when the kids were a lot younger, he was called to duty and was sent to Okinawa for a year. It was really tough on her and on him, but of course they made it through the year. Why on earth would a wife file for divorce when her husband is overseas fighting for his life? And for her freedom? That is ridiculous! Who does that? Selfish women... Anyway, I say go for it. Even though they haven't known each other for a long time it could still work. They should at least try. Nevermind Jackie. She means well, but as Mark said, she really needs to back the fuck off. lol On another note, since I can be a pain in the ass reviewer, lol, I think when you said 'him and Trey', it should be 'he and Trey': 1) He wanted to see if he and Trey could make whatever was happening between them work... 2)...Mark made their excuses and he and Trey headed for the door. I tried Googling it, but I couldn't find any definitive answer, but I think it should read 'he and Trey'. Great chapter, Renee! Thanks for the quick update!
-
Poor Matt, he's so confused. But I gotta hand it to him - he doesn't take any shit from anyone! Good for him for sticking up for himself with that Kutcher idiot. =) And now Andy's back in his element as the JV QB! And he's doing great! This was a good "relaxing" chapter, Elias. Next up the boys have to get ready for their fun with T&R. lol
-
Wacky Wednesday: Interview With Lisa
Lisa commented on Renee Stevens's blog entry in Gay Authors News
Awww, Steph, those were such nice things that you said. And all with a sprained wrist! Thank you! And the feeling is mutual. =) It's been a pleasure working with you on the two projects so far, well, and the aborted one, but we won't talk about that...and I look forward to working more with you in the future. -
Wacky Wednesday: Interview With Lisa
Lisa commented on Renee Stevens's blog entry in Gay Authors News
Awww, Sacred - you are so sweet! You got me all choked up. Well, you know how much I loved your story from the get-go; I would never offer to help anyone if I didn't like the story. =) Working with you has been a pleasure. I've enjoyed learning more about you on a personal level; you are such a bundle of positive energy that your emails always leave me smiling. =) You have a great outlook on life and it comes through with your emails. Thank you again, Sacred, for your sweet words. -
From the Ashes Springs New Life
Lisa commented on Aditus's story chapter in From the Ashes Springs New Life
I was waiting for you to post this! lol Although it does say it was posted on October 31st. That didn't happen yet, did it? I didn't miss Halloween, did I? haha Reading this a second time still sent chills down my spine. Even though Dermot sounds dreamy and all - he's still a vampire! lol Sky was definitely NOT expecting him on Halloween! Great job, Aditus! -
Glad Dan is finally taking the first step in getting what he wants - a relationship. And of course i did agree with Second_Chance (not to be confused with "Second Chances" the story, lol), about Dan being a baby. Seventeen is still so young, that's why I can't understand why Dan is so pessimistic about finding anyone. Can't wait for their "date"! You know, thinking about this, it must be pretty cool to meet up with someone from here. I only know of one person who lives in my state. But then again, I'm never in chat, chatting with anyone, so who knows where anyone lives? lol But it would be cool. I'd be down for that. Great chapter as always, Circle.
-
I'd hate to be in Tyler's position right now. What he did was so out of line. I can't believe he sabotaged his b/f's mother's business! His b/f is not going to be happy about this - especially after his mother starts in on him. lol
-
"Help me human" - now that was funny, Kitt! The poor pony. But I gotta tell ya, I was cracking up at all the predicaments Rob gets himself into. Ok, on to the next chapter - I can't believe I never even saw this one!
-
Never watched "American Idol" but I certainly can feel Ray's enthusiasm! lol Don't know if they do any background checks, or if they make sure a competitor is "fit" to be interviewed, etc., so I hope Ray's situation isn't off-putting. And when his foster mom told him that "Ryan" was on the phone, I thought she meant Ryan Seacrest! lol He's still doing the show, right? I look forward to chapter two.
-
Wait, what? Ron cheated on Dylan? I don't even remember that...what was Issac talking about in the end note of the chapter? Ok, now on to the real chapter: another great read, Cole! I could hear Kelli exhale as Dylan agreed to help them with Chuck. Of course WE knew he wasn't going to run for the hills, but she didn't know that. lol Nanna is surely a wonderful grandmother. Her son sounds like an ass though, and her daughter-in-law wasn't helping matters. Trying to bring him to church to "change" him - what nonsense! I'm glad they are supporting Chuck now. Chuck is so lucky to have a grandma like Nanna and a sister like Kelli. They are really watching out for him. =) Another wonderful chapter, Cole!
-
Terrific chapter, Andrew. Poor Spin. His parents are too close and involved, as is Mattie; they can't see the problem with Spin, it took Zak, who hasn't been there all day, to figure it out. It'll be good once Spin can walk around and at least get out of the house. I thought Dusty's trick of blindfolding the horse to get him in the trailer was a bit dangerous. What if the horse reared up and tried to attack him b/c now he can't see? That would terrify the horse, wouldn't it? Plus being led all around to completely disorient him? Wouldn't that make him crazy? I don't know anything about horses, it was just my common sense coming out, but I could be way off base. At any rate, it worked. So good for Dusty. I'm still really wary about the boys going back to school. That wacko is still out there...
-
what time is it at at your place and what you'd probably be doing
Lisa replied to AceKebabs's topic in The Lounge
That's really sad. I think that's what this author's story was about. But obviously he/the character is ok after the surgery. Now it's 5:35 p.m. and I'm going thru CD's and putting them on iTunes. Fun, huh? Still didn't edit though...shit. Oh, maybe someone out there knows: why is it that when I import a CD, some songs, actually all but one, can't be synced to my phone? -
what time is it at at your place and what you'd probably be doing
Lisa replied to AceKebabs's topic in The Lounge
Yes, you are one of my favorites! I get giddy every time I see a new chapter and/or story up that you wrote! =) So you better take care of that tooth! That's probably why you feel like crap. Seems that when one thing hurts, it makes your whole body hurt. Which actor from Angel died? Is that the spinoff of Buffy? Oops, I guess I should answer the thread, lol: it's 2:04 p.m.,on a sunny but windy day and all the leaves I raked yesterday were for nada b/c the damn things keep falling off the damn trees! lol I'm perusing GA and procrastinating b/c I should be editing "Knots"... -
what time is it at at your place and what you'd probably be doing
Lisa replied to AceKebabs's topic in The Lounge
Good, I'm glad. I read this horrible (mostly true, I think), story from one of the GA authors about having a toothache that wound up being b/c of something else that was wrong and the poor kid needed surgery and it was touch and go for awhile. It was scary. It wasn't until then I realized that something going wrong in your mouth could be because there's an organ or body part that has an infection or something. Just wanted to make sure one of my favorite fucking authors is gonna be ok. =) lol -
Chapter 28 - Inside Voices
Lisa commented on Cole Matthews's story chapter in Chapter 28 - Inside Voices
I think Dylan feels so guilty for Ron's death that his mind is conjuring up horrible images of Ron and now of Chuck that's turning into nightmares. Of course before Chuck it was only Ron in the nightmares. I think he feels guilty b/c Ron may have been hurrying to finish up with his estimates in order to pick Dylan up. He probably didn't even notice that thing that he was crushed by. I think it's Dylan's guilt that's causing his nightmares. And of course it makes perfect sense for Chuck to be in them also. Ron wants to get rid of the "competition" and have Dylan all to himself again, even though in real life he would never do anything like that. Chuck is smart - he's letting Dylan tell him about the nightmares when he's ready. Chuck needs to fess up to Dylan too. They both overthink everything and they're both so insecure that they psych themselves out of whatever good thing they were going to do or whatever good thing they were thinking. Kelli is pretty brave making the meeting with Dylan to have The Talk. We know that The Talk won't scare him off, but Kelli doesn't. If she scared Dylan off with The Talk, Chuck would be furious with her. I really enjoyed hearing her inner thoughts about hunky Kelly. lol And lo and behold, he feels the same way. hehe That'll be a fun playdate. They probably won't be paying any attention to Susie and Brandon. lol Great chapter, Cole! I just want our two guys to be happy! They both have so much to overcome and they have to learn to trust each other and tell the other person the truth whenever something is bothering them. I look forward to the next installment! -
what time is it at at your place and what you'd probably be doing
Lisa replied to AceKebabs's topic in The Lounge
You should get your toothache checked out if it's not better in a day or so, Thorn. Not to be an alarmist, but it could be a sign of trouble. -
Holy crap, Kitt! What the heck just happened? lol What a party!
-
When Noah was looking back to his wedding that really got me choked up b/c Scott told him he loved him so much and he wants to spend the rest of his life with him. And now look - that certainly didn't last long. Poor Zach has become sullen and moody, a 'a shell of his former personality' or something like that (Noah said), I'm sure a direct result of Scott leaving. They're both depressed and understandably so. Zach not wanting to go to school is a definite sign of depression and the same for Noah not wanting to go into work. I had to laugh b/c my youngest was always, "I'm sick" or "I don't feel well" or the most-used excuse for everything: "My stomach hurts". In middle school he almost had to repeat the eighth grade. Thank God he's smart. lol High school's a different ballgame altogether; they only allow like seven absences per semester, which is actually a lot. At work we were only allowed three sick days a year! Anyway...getting off track. Oh, you can leave a kid home alone at ten in Georgia? It's twelve in CT. but it depends how mature the kid is. And who the hell spends seven million dollars on a wedding????? That's INSANE!!!! lol I'm really enjoying reading about this from Noah's pov and I also like the flashbacks as he's telling the story. Great chapter, Fitz! (although I'm still really sad that they're not together anymore)
-
what time is it at at your place and what you'd probably be doing
Lisa replied to AceKebabs's topic in The Lounge
9:25 a.m., I should be at my other house working, (cleaning, pulling up rugs, dealing with the ex, fun shit like that), but I'm playing hookey (hooky? hookie?), for a few hours. Thank God it's Friday though! -
Wacky Wednesday: Interview With Lisa
Lisa commented on Renee Stevens's blog entry in Gay Authors News
Omg, Daithi! You crack me up! lol Thank you, that was a really great comment actually! =) -
Wacky Wednesday: Interview With Lisa
Lisa commented on Renee Stevens's blog entry in Gay Authors News
Hmm, all my secrets, eh? Wait, let me make some up for you. I'm boring. Even my secrets are boring. lol But seriously, Jo Ann, those were such sweet comments and I want to say: right back at you, girl. Ok, secret - you asked for it: I just realized late last night that I am a comment whore. I was about to turn the computer off when I noticed one more notification about this article and I just HAD to see what it was about. When I signed in this afternoon, I immediately checked the forum to see if anyone else commented. I think all the fame went to my head. lol So yes, I am a comment ho. So if anyone else wants to feed my ho-ness, you are more than welcome. Shit, imagine if I was an author! I'd be checking my stories a million times a day! Jeez, now I know how they feel. Oh, which actually directly relates to this article: Readers - review and rate the stories you read!!!!! Ok, I'm gonna stop now. I bet 99 percent of you already fell asleep reading this. lol See Jo Ann, told ya I was boring. =) -
Sui, Sui, Sui! You made my day before! Well, since you really don't think I'm a pain in the ass reviewer, I wanted to bring up something that I've noticed. Sometimes, you put periods after a sentence and then start another sentence, but the second sentence isn't a complete sentence. For example, I'm not taking it from the chapter b/c my computer won't copy and past one line, so I'm making this up: Zach walked in the door and threw his backpack on the ground and plopped in a chair. He was so tired. From wrestling practice and all he wanted to do was sleep. Ok, so I'm no writer, but hopefully you get the gist of it. After 'He was so tired.' the sentence shoud have continued to 'He was so tired from wrestling practice and all he wanted to do....' A lot of your dependent clauses could be complete sentences just by adding a comma. Ok, lesson's over. Time to review. Loved the chapter! I'm so glad Rebellion has such a large fan base now! Go suck it T-sang! lol That'll show them! I didn't realize Jae may have the same feelings for Dan as Dan has for him. I'm glad Dan's finally acting on them again. It only took him over three years, right? lol I'm looking forward to the next chapter, as always! Oh, and Rebellion won't be Boston Jumping Beans anymore. Wicked sad.
-
Wacky Wednesday: Interview With Lisa
Lisa commented on Renee Stevens's blog entry in Gay Authors News
Awww Thorn, I'm gonna fucking cry. lol (You like how I added a little Marob- (or Jacus), speak. hehe But thank you, that was really sweet what you said. I think we should all be thanking Percy for thinking up this great idea for an article! So let's give it up for Percy!!!!! :) He's the one who came up with the idea and wrote it. I just supplied my overly opinionated opinions. lol (couldn't think of a better word) I want to thank everyone who commented - it was really great of you all to take the time to say such nice things about the article and about me. I really feel at home here on GA; you guys are such a wonderful group of people and I feel blessed in being a part of this community. =) "I'd like the thank the Academy"...oh, sorry, wrong speech. Oh yeah, "You like me, you really like me!" That's the one. Thanks, Sally. lol It's 11:44 here on the east coast and I think my fifteen minutes of fame are up in about sixteen minutes. lol So, shameless plug: I'll be reviewing two stories on here w/in the next few weeks/months, and I hope everyone likes the reviews enough to check out the stories. -
Wacky Wednesday: Interview With Lisa
Lisa commented on Renee Stevens's blog entry in Gay Authors News
podium - that was really beautiful. Thank you. =) And you know I only called you out on Kyle's cutting weight/wrestling/eating b/c I lived through it for four miserable years. lol I know what these poor kids go thru to wrestle. But really, thank you for the beautiful words. You are truly a great friend and I'm so glad you're doing better. =) -
Wacky Wednesday: Interview With Lisa
Lisa commented on Renee Stevens's blog entry in Gay Authors News
Awww thanks, Ron!
