Jump to content

CassieQ

Signature Author
  • Posts

    5,450
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by CassieQ

  1. Thanks!
  2. Thank you purple!! I'm glad you enjoyed it!
  3. Here is a link to Editor's forum where it tells you how you can request a beta reader or editor. https://www.gayauthors.org/forums/topic/32511-to-the-authors/ And JC is right about asking around in chat. It's a little like a playground, so the conversation can get weird, but it is mostly people playing around. Don't be afraid of us. A lot of authors know good editors and beta readers to recommend, so you can always ask one of us. Good luck.
  4. CassieQ

    Chapter 2

    I don't know Yettie, I think there is a good basis of support for your sneaky suspicion The ritual for men in this world is definitely different and it effects all the men, Tibial and Chad especially. (It'll get really interesting later on). Glad you enjoyed, thanks for reviewing!
  5. CassieQ

    Chapter 2

    Yeah, if I was Tibial I wouldn't want to talk about it either. He does have a very nosy sister and a kind of busybody mother. Chad is trying to be mature about the whole thing, but I think the experience had a strong effect on him too. But yes, things are going to get much more complicated for Tibial soon enough. Glad you enjoyed the chapter and thanks for reviewing
  6. CassieQ

    Chapter 1

    LOL, Stephen, I loved your comment about the local boy. I have never stepped foot on a farm (even though my mom was raised on a chicken farm). I hope the details were accurate. The setting made me feel a little nostalgic, like it's a little part of the world you don't see that much of anymore. I'm glad you enjoyed the story and thank you so much for reviewing, I love seeing what you think.
  7. CassieQ

    Chapter 1

    Hey Mann, thanks for the review. I'm glad you enjoyed the story, even if the time jumps through you off a little. I really liked exploring their love throughout the years, from young teens to older adults. I'm not much for HEAs, but I think Luke and Blake deserved one. Thanks for the review, I'm glad you liked the story.
  8. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BLEU!!!!
  9. CassieQ

    Chapter 7

  10. CassieQ

    Chapter 1

    Glad to see you here joann. I'm so glad to see a review from you and happy that you enjoy the story.
  11. CassieQ

    Chapter 1

    Hey Yettie! Thanks for stopping by! Glad the story interested you. The ritual that young men are forced to endure is pretty twisted too, but it makes for some really interesting scenarios. Thanks for reviewing!
  12. Happy Birthday!!!
  13. CassieQ

    Chapter 1

    Thanks Lisa. I was thinking about having them die at the end, but I really didn't like that idea very much, so I'm glad I went with the ending I did. Everyone else seemed to like it too. Thank you so much for the feedback and I am glad you enjoyed it!
  14. Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes! It was a great way to start the day
  15. CassieQ

    Chapter 1

    Shhh, you'll ruin my rep! Nah, I like writing pure romance every once and a while. Blake and Luke were great characters and I enjoyed telling their story. Glad you enjoyed it as well. Thanks for reviewing
  16. Man, it has been a BAD winter for illnesses. Bronchitis, flu and pneumonia are running rampant this year. Take care and hope you start feeling better soon!
  17. I'll be there if I can get the time off work.
  18. CassieQ

    Chapter 1

    Thank you. It was interesting to write about their lives, even if there wasn't a lot of room for extra detail. I thought about having one of the characters die at the end, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I like them too much and really wanted to give them a happy ending I'm glad you enjoyed it.
  19. CassieQ

    Chapter 1

    Thank you very much! I'm glad you enjoyed the story. This was a difficult story to write, but I fell in love with the characters and in the end, I was glad to be able to tell their story. And I'm very glad you liked the details of life on a farm (even though I have never set foot on one before). Sorry about the word smirked. I guess we all have words that make us shudder on the inside. Maybe Luke can help you like that word again Thank you again for the review. I'm so glad you liked this story.
  20. CassieQ

    Chapter 1

    Yes, I did notice you tend to like my lighter pieces. (My beta calls it fluff and happens to like them too). I can enjoy them too, as long as it not the only thing I write. I did explore their young adult years a little bit. There is a little bit of debate as to what age that entrails, but I hit the summer time season right around their college years, which would be at least 20 or 21. And Luke did press the issue of their relationship (or lack thereof) sometime in the past, since Blake refers to it as "the same old fight". I think Luke might have been worried about pushing Blake too far, afraid that Blake would abandon him completely and it just got to the point where Luke wasn't willing to take it anymore. But it was definitely a sensitive issue for both of them and I'm glad Blake finally decided to stop being a moron and accepted a life with the man he loves. And that is a very perceptive comment about the anthology. This piece was actually written for a special project meant to identify weakness in my writing and it has some of the same specifications that made it similar to an anthology, namely writing for a theme, having a word limit, and a deadline. (Thank God for deadlines)! I'm glad you enjoyed it and thanks for the review!
  21. HAPPY BIRTHDAY KRISTA!!!
  22. CassieQ

    Chapter 1

    Seasons of love Blake gazed up at the dark ceiling, listening to the lullaby of a spring night at his grandparent’s farm. He could hear the howl of coyotes and incessant buzz of cicadas. It was always most noticeable the first night in the country. It took some time for his mind to transition from the regular noisy, nighttime background of traffic and the creak of footsteps from his upstairs neighbors. Blake didn’t mind the unfamiliar sounds. He was warm in his bed
  23. A story about friendship between two teenagers that deepens into more throughout the years.
  24. Happy Birthday Hubby!!!
  25. CassieQ

    Prompt 194

    Prompt #194: You were found unconscious on board a boat that can carry about sixty people. The boat is empty but there are clothing and things belonging to many different people. The police question you to find out what happened. Why were you on the boat and where are the rest of the passengers? ~~~~~ I was surprised that there was no pain. I had expected, upon waking up from a loss of consciousness, that there might be a headache, or maybe at least some disorientation. But no,
×
×
  • Create New...