Jump to content
Last Call for Anthology Stories! ×

Valkyrie

Site Administrator
  • Posts

    19,151
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Valkyrie

  1. I've been having this same issue. I have to refresh the page to clear the box, even though the comment has already posted. I use an HP laptop with Windows 10 and Google Chrome.
  2. My thoughts, exactly.
  3. I'm glad to hear the cancer is gone. I hope the after-effects of the chemo lessen for you soon.
  4. Penguins, of course! And Chris Hemsworth
  5. Valkyrie

    Perseverance

    Oh I'm so sorry about your aunt I've seen misdianoses so many times with the individuals I work with, and sometimes the true diagnosis comes too late. Thankfully it didn't for this person. Thanks for reading and commenting.
  6. There was a recent story in the news about a tuxedo cat who survived going through the wash cycle for about a half hour. Poor thing ended up with pneumonia, but was otherwise fine.
  7. I hope you're feeling better today, Albert Gary, that's good news about your shoulder. I'm glad things are going well Check out my interview for the CSR discussion day, if anyone missed it. I have the next week and a half off... Vacation!!
  8. I'm loving my new windows too. They make a huge difference. I love being able to actually have them open and I find I'm using my AC less than usual. Of course, it has been pretty cool so far this year, although the temps have been a bit higher over the past week.
  9. Getting central air was the best money I ever spent
  10. Yes on both counts. We can't change our behavior unless we're aware of it, and sometimes having it pointed out by someone we care about it is the kick in the pants needed in order to change.
  11. True... dragons and cats are a lot alike. I call Knight "Toothless" because he's just like him.
  12. Good to hear everything's looking good
  13. LOL I did try it and gave up after I couldn't get past a level. I have much better luck with the original version. LBO gets the credit for the inspiration behind writing this story. I wrote it after she requested Pete's story. Without that prompt, I probably wouldn't have written it. So thank you, LBO
  14. Thanks, Addy I can't say I'd want Pete as a friend either. As far as why he behaved as he did... I think it was learned behavior. His father features in the Max and Elliot stories, and Pete used to be very much like his father. It was a good thing he had Henry to open his eyes.
  15. Valkyrie

    Perseverance

    I think you begin to question your sanity when you know something is wrong, but everyone is telling you there isn't. Thanks for the comments. I think this story is worth expanding some day.
  16. That's good news about Thistle I hope the doc finds something that helps you.
  17. No, it's not nuts. I think it's survivor's guilt.
  18. Valkyrie

    Perseverance

    Thanks Cole has challenged me to expand this story, so I might do that at some point. And yes, if you know something is wrong, being insistent and getting a second, third, fourth, etc. opinion is sometimes necessary.
  19. Valkyrie

    Perseverance

    Agreed. While there's more training being provided to emergency personnel and hospitals about how to treat people with autism, there's a hell of a long way yet to go. Thanks for reading.
×
×
  • Create New...