Jump to content

drpaladin

Site Moderator
  • Posts

    26,406
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by drpaladin

  1. Another meaning of odoriferous is to be morally offensive.
  2. Much less odoriferous than forgetting to change the litter box, not to mention the baleful glares from miffed cats.
  3. drpaladin

    Temptations

    I do chuckle at some of the UK police procedures, like needing to report triggering a speed camera and locking up pepper spray. Things were simpler before paperwork overwhelmed real police work. This turned out pretty well. Domestics are the most dangerous calls police go on. You often end up fighting both sides. I guess this blows Jamie's attempt to evade Mike.
  4. Maybe it needs new glasses.
  5. Clara calling out Grey for turning Dave into a monster was a sheer break from her stolid Druidic strength into plebian pablum. It's a weakness which is disappointing when stoic unity is needed to get them out of this fix. Turning Dave was the natural progression of their life bond. As wolves they seem more attuned to this place and it to them. Why change back when they have an advantage?
  6. Wisteria is all over the place here at this house.
  7. drpaladin

    A New Face

    I found this interesting. Here in the US we call them reserves. The city where I live has never used them, but smaller departments and the sheriff's department does. In my younger days I used to ride with the police, but it was casual and I never wore a uniform. I was able to do it mainly because no one had the nerve to say no. There are so many state regulations now this type thing wouldn't be allowed. It was great fun back in the day most of the time. No matter the country, it seems a universal rite to give nicknames in police and military units. Sometimes they're based on names, appearance, or odd situations. They aren't always complimentary. This evoked some good memories.
  8. drpaladin

    Chapter Six

    Yes, I got them mixed up, but they're headed there next. If I were them, I'd get bedrolls, food, supplies, and get lost for awhile.
  9. drpaladin

    Chapter Six

    Create an album in the Gallery and share it there.
  10. drpaladin

    Chapter Six

    Probably my earlier comment. Brohm's actions since have laid those concerns to rest for me.
  11. drpaladin

    Chapter Six

    So far their moves have been predictable. Griff gave Nathan the ring and assignment so it's a known point. The logical move for a hunter is to watch the inn. Are they being toyed with? Normally Lords only have control over their own lands. How far is Helmsley's reach? I can understand Brohm not having a safe bolt hole to flee too, but Nathan should have planned for this eventuality.
  12. drpaladin

    Chapter 3

    Admit it. You want Mike to stroke out.
  13. drpaladin

    Chapter 6 S2

    I'm an only child.
  14. Augury was a Greco-Roman religious practice of divination by studying the actions of birds.
  15. drpaladin

    Chapter 14

    This is the first they've felt the death. It's finally caught up with them through time. Directly experiencing the horror will take time to recover from.
  16. drpaladin

    Chapter 3

    As expected for an only child, Mike has zero kiddie tolerance. Though the twins must really like him to put up with his drama. I get the impression Liam is testing him. The towel cinch tutoring was a little weird. Now for a blind, double date at the mall. It's commonly called pure agony.
  17. drpaladin

    Chapter 14

    About like they scared Mablin and the others when they killed the green?
  18. drpaladin

    Chapter 6 S2

    There are wild animals even in urban areas. There are coyotes living in downtown Chicago, NYC, and other cities as well. The coyotes in NYC have been there since the 1930's.
  19. drpaladin

    Chapter 6 S2

    Should they be subjected to unrelenting puns? If so, I'll call Ivor and we can tag team them.
  20. drpaladin

    Chapter 6 S2

    Huh?
  21. drpaladin

    Chapter 6 S2

    I was afraid Bailey had been dognapped. There is a spate of this now. Devin used good sense in not transitioning to release Bailey. Trail cameras are cheap and if there, he'd be screwed. I wonder if the deputy knows Luella?
  22. drpaladin

    Chapter Five

    I do find it a little odd Lord Helmsley would just happen to have two prisoners in his remote keep and both to be hanged. We know Lordy Poo doesn't dally around about executions. Why was Brohm there? Looking at Brohm, what profession would he be in? His stamina is too poor for an infantry soldier, so calvary, guard, or bounty hunter sound about right. He stumbled across Nathan quite conveniently. I'm a bit suspicious.
  23. drpaladin

    Chapter 14

    As we've seen, battling a demon lord, much less defeating one, is far beyond Xavier's current comprehension. He has a long way to go before he's ready for a fight of this magnitude.
  24. From the Greek aster, meaning star.
  25. drpaladin

    Chapter 14

    But Kandric has a lot on his plate, getting back his brothers and Emroc, and mollifying the King. I also believe Xavier will need to complete the trip to Lucas the Lost before any meeting will happen.
×
×
  • Create New...