Jump to content

drpaladin

Site Moderator
  • Posts

    26,331
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by drpaladin

  1. drpaladin

    The Summons

    I have been toying with the idea of reading this series for awhile and for better or worse I'm starting here. It's off to a great beginning.
  2. Xeric is a relatively new term, being coined in 1926 and in active use by scientists by 1940.
  3. It was obvious when I awoke this morning I would have difficulty in a xeric environment. I was parched.
  4. drpaladin

    Chapter 2 S2

    You know with their abilities, they could easily make someone believe they were losing their mind. Just a passing thought.
  5. drpaladin

    Chapter 2 S2

    Luella is a good name for the neighbor. It puts me in mind of Luella Parsons, the infamous gossip columnist.
  6. drpaladin

    Chapter 2 S2

    Karen. Ken is a male Karen. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karen_(slang)
  7. drpaladin

    Chapter 12

    The customs of this time are as alien to them as they are to us. Even though they grew up during a time of war, the world of their time was more civilized. We are seeing in these three stories this period is on the cusp of change. Perhaps our group will help it along.
  8. At GA, we are blessed with many poetic members.
  9. Poetic comes from the Greek word poiētikos, meaning pertaining to poetry, creative, or productive.
  10. drpaladin

    Chapter 12

    I wonder if the events at Cragcairn are what the chairs under Scorpion Falls are linked to. *** Malachi and the Mage spirit made spectacular weapons for Lew and Aegir. With his new God gifted sword and knighting, Lew is officially part of the group. I'm wondering if Kallian and Lew will face difficulties in town.
  11. According to Greek legend, whoever could untie the Gordian Knot, a complexly intertwined rope securing an oxcart, was destined to rule Asia. Alexander the Great untied it by cleaving it into with his sword.
  12. Who knew so many people would notice what an obscure forecaster on The Weather Channel said?
  13. drpaladin

    Chapter 20

    This is also where we get into the morass of the sovereignty of the native tribes and conflicts between their will and existing state laws.
  14. Landmass can be a matter of perspective. To the unaware, the entire world is their immediate surroundings.
  15. drpaladin

    Chapter 20

    I think if it had been made common knowledge, they might have been able to shame the tribe into providing Martina and the refuge support. We'll never know.
  16. Pediment is thought to come from periment, likely a garbled version of pyramid.
  17. drpaladin

    Chapter 20

    Now Martina's motive is revealed, but she is an unlikely murderer. I don't believe we are there yet.
  18. Pediment and impediment come from different origins and are not connected in meaning.
  19. Someday a paleontogist will be puzzling over the use of a disco ball.
  20. drpaladin

    Chapter 2

    The way I view it this is Book 2 and simply a prequel form. It's not hurting my interest knowing how it sorts out. Why should it bother anyone else?
  21. drpaladin

    Chapter 2

    Now we know how River met the mysterious Kenji. Who makes the next move, Kenji or River? Kenji strikes me as one who gets what he wants.
  22. Metatarsal breaks are painful. I recall stubbornly hobbling around for two weeks before resorting to crutches.
  23. I haven't either or from a telemarketer.
  24. It's not the same without Ron.
  25. Being in Europe, you might not get mine and @drsawzall cultural references. They're from old TV infomercials. Miss Cleo was a dial 1-900 and get charged ridiculous amounts of money for phony psychic advice. She's very dead, so Ouija board time. The others are Ron Popeil lines.
×
×
  • Create New...