Travers' problem was jealousy, but George managed to defuse it.
Now if he can keep from being drowned, perhaps those earlier fantasies might come true.
It's difficult for us in modern times to conceive sending a boy off to war, but it was commonplace in this time. One had to grow up quickly, for even without war life expectancy wasn't long.
George has just been thrown into the deep end of the pool.
Granger has a great deal on his plate between avoiding his monarch, planning tactics, and concern over Calvert. So far he's managing them all with near aplomb.
He is already a hit with this new crew who are appreciating his way of command. It will pay off if/when they see action.
Jitter is a modern word, first used in 1929.
The late Don Knotts was a superb actor. In his roles like the hapless Deputy Barney Fife, he epitomized jitter.
Now we know we are at the point of the death of the white dragon in Kandric's tale.
Hontel is Aster's friend from the orphanage. All these stories are drawing closer together.
Since I modified my diet a few years back, I have to cinch my belt tighter or my commodious pants will give onlookers more to see than they bargained for.
Perfect.
This chapter was as moving as a symphony. I would equate it with Vivaldi. There were no discordant notes here.
I especially liked the return of Kane. This wasn't an ending, but a new beginning.
Thank you, Libby!