Jump to content

drpaladin

Site Moderator
  • Posts

    26,349
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by drpaladin

  1. There are people incapable of those. Does it make them less human?
  2. So Dave is Beatrice's son. Is this the bond she tried to sever?
  3. According to Beatrice, she inadvertly severed his bond with his parents and his pack while trying to separate him from this Theodore. Is Theodore possibly his twin? Why does no one else seem to notice or be affected by what happened to Beatrice? He's not nearly as far away from his pack lands as I originally imagined. They may indeed come looking for the Alpha's heir.
  4. drpaladin

    Chapter Two: Scent

    Grey's departure from his pack was unpleasant and hurried. He does seem a bit concerned they might come after him. Is it a reasonable concern? It's too soon to tell. So far he is settling in fairly well.
  5. Grey gets off a Greyhound in a place where all is grey to him and anonymous. I would have thought a werewolf would have better senses than to let himself get suckerpunched. This is unfolding nicely.
  6. drpaladin

    Chapter 1

    The difference is for River's mom religion is her crutch and she's not using it to beat River over the head.
  7. drpaladin

    Chapter 1

    And without warning, we are thrown into the deep end of River. In the original story he was always the dependable friend of Alex. Here we see he is screwed up in his own way.
  8. drpaladin

    Chapter 34

    Ahh, but he'll know Parallax isn't an ordinary cat.
  9. drpaladin

    Chapter 34

    Parallax demands you to grovel and worship him you lowly human.
  10. Though my first thought was the name of Carol King's best album.
  11. The most famous one is the Bayeux Tapestry. It is 230 feet long and depicts the events leading to the Norman Conquest of England.
  12. drpaladin

    Chapter 34

    What can I say? How can I not love a character who answers questions with questions? Do I do the same thing? Do I? I think it's a wonderful possibility.
  13. drpaladin

    Chapter 11

    No, he didn't shift up. He shifted into his true form.
  14. drpaladin

    Chapter 11

    Right now the Drow are welcome in the realm of the Black Dragons, but those Drow are about as nice as said Black Dragons.
  15. drpaladin

    Chapter 11

    I don't think the shift works this way. From what we've sewn, dragons shift down rather than up. I also doubt fertility is part of the shift package.
  16. I see they don't warn you about it either.
  17. But we didn't know it was the end, or I didn't.
  18. Soapstone has an almost infinite number of uses. My first contact with it was use as a chalklike marker for hard surfaces. On metal, it won't foul welds. It's both fire and heat resistant, so it can be used for countertops and fireplaces. It makes beautiful flooring tiles. It has been used by artists for millenia to create carved objects, surfaces, and jewelry.
  19. But seeing 'Caught' as the title was initially scary. Think caught red-handed.
  20. drpaladin

    Chapter 11

    Yes, it's much better.
  21. drpaladin

    Chapter 11

    It is safe to say it has been a most eventful day. If Mablin and Gradon thought they were overwhelmed before, they now have a new benchmark to adapt to. They really need to have the Watch on their side to achieve their goals. By saving the young Watch member, they may be able to do this. The gods have an active role in all which has happened. Only their power could have thrust them so far into the future. They have also sent a master of the forge from the spirit Realm to aid Malachi in crafting magical weapons unavailable in this time. I imagine the quarterstaff is for Aegir, but no clue what the other one could be. I guess it's for Lew since the spirit is a Pantherling.
  22. I don't remember them smelling bad, but the more mature they are allowed to get, the more pungent they become. Maybe this was the cause.
  23. Kema leaving behind a colt in his mirror image for Jubal brought tears to my eyes. With Reid and Billy joining together with Billy's father's blessing and now their future next door neighbors, the wildings being safely settled in their corral, it couldn't be possible to have a better ending. The only sadness is this wonderful tale drawing to a close. Our Mondays will be much emptier. Thank you for this beautiful story, Gary!
  24. Rutabaga has a Swedish origin, meaning root bag.
×
×
  • Create New...