I'm going with the idea Akeeri knew what Martin was about to do and what would result. Martin laid the rifle across Akeeri's arm. He had to know. My hope is he was able to protect Martin and Emma somehow.
In case anyone wondered about Lester Moore, he was an agent for Wells Fargo in Tombstone. He was shot by a customer disgruntled over a damaged package. Despite being mortally wounded, Les was able to kill his attacker. Thanks to the somewhat irreverent wag who crafted his marker, Les achieved immortality. His grave is the most visited in Boothill. No one remembers where the guy who shot him is buried.
I wonder if Ronnie Prescott will get one of those memorable inscriptions on his marker like, shot while trying to kill decent folks. I recall the one for Lester Moore. 'Here lies Lester Moore, four slugs from a .44, NO LES NO MORE.
Jubal had to distract himself with chores to get his mind off of Lucas' dire condition. I'm sure it's a coping mechanism he's all too familiar with.
Desperation, terror, desire, lust, shame, sorrow, and two hard hits of shock. Jubal has been through an emotional wringer in the short time we've known him. He's a tough dude, although his modesty might not let him proclaim it. At the same time, there is a simple tenderness to him. Let's hope it gets to bloom soon.
Parables were intended as simple object lessons by telling an easily remembered story in times when many couldn't read.
Today most can read, but they typically suffer from short attention spans.
Tez and Nuk are quite enterprising. They are a perfect fit with Adga and her group.
Now they are sandwiched between this terrible storm fronted by a horde of dead walkers and this crew of bandits. Talk about a rock and a hard place. I hope Adga has a way to let the others know about the bandits.
The shaman said he would slip up at times and use contractions and indeed he did by using didn't.
I had the sense this was going faster than expected. Now they get to relax a bit and visit with family.
I have strong doubts Akeeri and Rimzi survived. They were locked together at the time. Martin and Emma might have been spared. We only know they didn't rebuild, but we also know there were descendants.
My question would be is the bomb still there? It would be a reason for Akeeri's spirit to keep hanging around.