Jump to content

Parker Owens

Signature Author
  • Posts

    19,079
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Parker Owens

  1. Parker Owens

    Chapter 3

    You are painting a dark yet vivid picture of family dysfunction. Jack is probably too wrapped up in his own unhappiness to realize what he’s doing to his family, or to do anything about it. Ethan’s instinct to run is probably wise, but will he do it?
  2. Parker Owens

    Avalanche

    I liked this story. Perhaps they won’t be boyfriends, but good friends are awesome. Even without superpowers.
  3. Parker Owens

    Con Moto

    You’re absolutely right: they were definitely looking for the man of Gus’ description. If poor Gus has anything to say about it, he’s going to wish it would all just go away before Zoltan gets a hint of it, while Rick probably is petrified for his boyfriend. Thanks for reading, and I very much enjoyed your comments.
  4. Parker Owens

    24 Hours

    You describe that feeling of endless emptiness very well.
  5. Parker Owens

    Duetti

    Thanks for thinking about things in Eagle Lake
  6. Parker Owens

    Con Moto

    I’m delighted in your comment: this is the first time anyone has designated a cliffie I wrote as “great.” Usually, I have to run and hide. We shall see what happens to Gus soon enough. Thank you very much for reading, and for your thoughts.
  7. Parker Owens

    Yonder

    I loved this wonderful, powerful chapter. Camp Refuge is a magical place, full of fantastic people. You bring them and all their goodness to life. I’m very grateful.
  8. Parker Owens

    Chapter 32

    So very lovely. Thank you.
  9. Parker Owens

    Con Moto

  10. Parker Owens

    Barcarolle

    I’m very glad this line made you smile. It’s very gratifying to know that this story has held your interest. I hope you manage to get some rest. You have my thanks for reading and for your comments.
  11. Parker Owens

    Con Moto

    You can be sure Doctor Nesbitt will have a few choice words about disturbing the efficient operation of her ER. She doesn't seem like the type to put up with this kind of thing, but then, she's up against Federal Agents. Thanks for reading and for commenting.
  12. Parker Owens

    Con Moto

    The cast was an irresistible touch. I saw one a couple of summers ago, and thought it would be a shame to autograph it, as some people do. Rick probably hasn't thought far ahead about the explaining he might have to do, but you make an excellent point. Heinrich Senior is already gone back to Arizona, so at least his father won't immediately notice. That is, as you say, assuming Gus isn't carted off to a detention center. Many thanks for reading, and for sharing your thoughts.
  13. Parker Owens

    Con Moto

    Someone sure wanted to stir things up by calling Immigration. Rick and Gus are probably as shocked and surprised as the readers here. The real question is do you have a sufficient number of ants? Thanks very much for reading and commenting.
  14. Parker Owens

    Con Moto

    I fear I am a veteran of interminable ER visits, and a connoisseur of exam rooms. This gave me a chance to use those recollections for something good. There seem to be no end of folks who feel the need to make trouble. Perhaps this particular troublemaker will be frustrated. Thanks very, very much!
  15. Parker Owens

    Con Moto

    This would be a trying situation for anyone. For Rick and Gus, it’s likely to be particularly so, especially given how their mutual attraction has been growing all through the day. Making the news would depend on somebody calling a crew out, on a Saturday. I’m very happy you enjoyed Rick and Gus interacting. Thanks very much for your thoughts and for reading!
  16. Parker Owens

    Con Moto

    You’ve hit it exactly: it’s who you’re with that matters. Rick and Gus now know this, if they ever get the chance to reflect on it. They have made the most of their time together. Thanks very much for reading and for your comments.
  17. Parker Owens

    Con Moto

    I am so happy you found the description of casting to be reasonable. I confess to spending plenty of time on research for that. The cast color was irresistible. Rick and Gus seem to be enjoying one another's company more and more, regardless of the circumstances or surroundings. It's hard to realize that we now live in times when anyone can be falsely denounced and dragged off to the bastille, as it were. You're quite correct: our rights are fragile and hard won. Thanks for your careful reading and interesting comments.
  18. Parker Owens

    Con Moto

    Rick and Gus together seem happy and delighted in each other's company, even through the hurry-up-and-wait at the hospital. Somebody called in the authorities, that's certain. Just who remains a good question - and I'm glad you raise it. Thank you for reading!
  19. Parker Owens

    Con Moto

    I'm so glad you liked this chapter title. I mused a long time over it, so it's good that it seems right to you. The day has been hard enough on Gus and Rick, hasn't it? Fortunately, the difficulties seem to have drawn them together rather than driving them apart. Thanks for reading and for your thoughts.
  20. Parker Owens

    Con Moto

    It certainly seems like things just got exciting in this backwater hospital. Gus' lack of ID could get difficult indeed. Thank you very much for reading and for your comments.
  21. Parker Owens

    Con Moto

    Rick isn't letting Gus out of his sight if he can help it. In his view, any kind of time with Gus is time well spent. Perhaps Gus will tire of this, but so far, he has seemed happy for Rick's company. If there is anything Heinrich Senior's constant badgering has done for his son, it's helped him learn to have a long fuse and keep his cool. Someone certainly made a phone call to bring in the authorities, you're right. You're also correct that stranger things have happened in this odd world we live in. I understand your "angry" reaction entirely. Thank you for continuing to read, and for your insights.
  22. “And how long ago was the original injury?” A short, round nurse in bright green scrubs was typing Gus’ health history on a tablet. Her frizzed blond hair stood out from her head and contrasted with the dark blue painted wall behind her. It vibrated in the bright fluorescent light. Her brass name tag read Brittany Grimes. “Five weeks,” Gus replied. Rick squirmed in his metal and faux leather exam room chair, feeling hemmed in by medical equipment with uses he could barely gue
  23. Parker Owens

    Chapter 1

    This is a tragedy made and another in the making. You’ve gotten me interested, and I want to read more. Well done.
  24. Parker Owens

    Chapter 38

    I should have taken my heart medication before reading this chapter! Now I fear for Sawyer and Jada and Maddie, let alone Jimmy. I suspect that physically, Fergus is sufficient match for all four of them, plus the dogs. Do not expect me to be patient.
  25. Parker Owens

    Chapter 1

    Well, now I’m colored interested. You’ve made quite a beginning! Jon tracked Ethan/David down, which seems like quite a feat. But for what purpose?
×
×
  • Create New...