Jump to content

Myr

Site Administrator
  • Posts

    15,742
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Myr

  1. No, the writing here is meant to be read. Literature is written to show how big your dick is when it comes to using big words most people choke on. It is largely unreadable unless you ate a dictionary as a kid.
  2. Howdy Neighbor! (I'm in Rochester too) You're supposed to look up the prof before you sign up for them. And I've always had frustration with subjective 'soft' subjects like English and such. I much prefer objective things like Math and engineering.
  3. My attention was just directed at this post, so I figured I'd weigh in. Your desire seems to be largely similar to the movies out of Hollywood. The ones that make money (blockbusters) are cliched and rehashed. But people spend hundreds of millions watching them, enjoy them and are entertained by them. The 'artsy' films that populate the Academy Awards largely are unheard of and almost always suck, as far as people wanting to pay money to see them. Literature is much the same way. You really have to be an English major to enjoy it, mostly. People largely write cliched stuff online because that is what people respond to, read and like. Do authors sometimes transcend into literary originalness? Sure. But it is rare. Finding someone who has and is also a well loved story is harder. So, my suggestion is you leave the internet writing sites and wander off to your local library and/or bookstore and browse the LBGT section, like Cia suggested.
  4. Natalie Cole - Grown Up Christmas List
  5. Josh Groban's Believe (from Polar Express) Trans-Siberian Orchestra - For the Sake of Our Brother
  6. My favorite version of Little Drummer Boy. by Bob Seger
  7. Kathy Mattea - Mary Did You Know?
  8. a lot of those comments were rather obnoxious. I'm surprised Google hasn't cracked down on the viciousness in those comments.
  9. Um... nice. lol
  10. I spent the weekend playing the beta of Star Wars: the Old Republic. It hooked me hard. I'm pre-ordering.
  11. I'm currently hunting down the last of the single play achievements in Assassins Creed: Revelations. I also have Halo Anniversary and Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 that I'm working on.
  12. Myr

    Dance with the Devil

    Thanks very much Phoenix. I wish I wasn't so busy sometimes just so I could get this story completed.
  13. George surveyed the entrance to the Great Hall from the staircase. He was dressed in his costume and he was trying to judge his timing for entry. He waited until no one was around before approaching Hagrid. “Weasley!” Hagrid guffawed. “I hope you know what you’re doing boy.” “Of course I do Hagrid.” “Aye, I’m sure that ya do. Professor Snape is in there by the way. He has dressed himself up as a wolfman.” “Thanks Hagrid, I’ll be sure to keep an eye out for him.” Hagrid opened the door
  14. It is not defualt because there are several options to automatically sort. Prolific Authors, as Lugh points out, does this. Further, you can resort the Prolific Author list by Word Count, Number of Stories, Reputation. It is already in the software...
  15. Also... Click AUTHORS on the top menu bar. It lists Hosted and Promising Authors. I'm not sure how I could possibly make that link more prominant... blinking neon lights, perhaps? And Lugh covered your other request nicely.
  16. this trailer caught my attention immediately...
  17. this is funny as hell if you've heard of the new game Skyrim. You play the Dragonborn.
  18. Thanks for the review Bob! I'm glad that it had a positive effect on you.
  19. Atlas Shrugged. He's shrugging now.
  20. Dumbledore had only been seated for a few minutes before McGonagall came up to him. “How are they?” she asked worriedly. “They woke up and I sent them back to sleep. Would you be so kind as to stand watch over them for the rest of the morning? I need to speak to Poppy and send an owl to the Daily Prophet.” “Of course Albus. Praise Merlin that they are ok.” “Indeed, Minerva. Indeed.” George woke up at about eight in the morning. He felt quite groggy, so he followed his usual morning w
  21. Thanks Slowly but surely working on the rest of the story.
  22. The Daily Prophet Special Edition Saturday, October 28, 1995 The Boy Who Lived… Again? Today at the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Harry Potter, The Boy Who Lived, was struck with the Killing Curse after successfully catching the Golden Snitch in an Interhouse Quidditch game. The Killing Curse is one of the three illegal Unforgivable curses. There is only one known survivor of the Killing Curse. Harry James Potter. He survived the curse from the most powerful Dark Lord to
  23. Congrats!
  24. Myr

    Chapter 1

    John, thank you very much for the review! I really appreciate it. I have set up a whole timeline for Psionic Corps that expands from the past into the Space Faring future. I have a number of episodes planned in there. Including returning to these characters.
  25. Harry woke up less than two hours after he had fallen to sleep. He put his glasses on and grabbed his wand from the nightstand. He then dressed quietly in his boxers and sweat pants throwing a winter robe over the whole thing before wandering out of the room. Draco slept on undisturbed. Harry drifted through the main room of the flat without making as a sound. He was pleasantly surprised at the happy feeling he got seeing Seamus and Colin tangled with each other on the couch. He padded q
×
×
  • Create New...