spyke
Members-
Posts
2,564 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by spyke
-
The Drop in Centre
spyke replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
Ain't that the truth! -
The Drop in Centre
spyke replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
Your sister is wrong and you are right. There I said it. I'm sure that you've heard that old expression of catching more flies with honey rather than vinegar right? I'm sure that @kbois will back me up when I say that if you act like a jerk to repair folks, you get put at the bottom of the list the next time you need something. But if you treat vendors with respect and kindness, they remember and go out of their way when you need them. I did property management years ago and I called my HVAC vendor on an emergency because one of my tenants who was elderly had no heat and it was freezing outside. That vendor left his Sunday church service to go and get her heat fixed. Guess who I called when I needed to have my home systems and ductwork replaced? Yep, he got the job. Sounds like your sister might be a bit misguided in her thought process. -
The Drop in Centre
spyke replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
This decision is easier than you think. The first one who can handle and permanently get rid of your crazy "open the pool at dawn for me" resident gets the job. Let them have at it. 🤣 -
The Drop in Centre
spyke replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
And just what exactly is the down side to this? 🤣 -
Can You Tell Me A Secret?
spyke commented on Laura S. Fox's story chapter in Can You Tell Me A Secret?
Future in-law drama...UGGH!! These boys need to go ahead and fly to Vegas and hit the Elvis wedding chapel. That would certainly take care of all the parental interference and most definitely frost some nuts. LOL! Another great chapter @Laura S. Fox -
I think your writer's instinct led you in the right direction with the way you approached this chapter. Too much detail would have just been jarring and almost like it would have been meant to be another book. Now, I'm not saying that another book featuring Mamma G's back story and the year and a half of Lee's working for her would be a bad thing (hint, hint). And Avery becoming a trucker?? You just won't do Mr. Gray, and we wouldn't have it any other way. Thanks for another amazing addition to the Camp Refuge story.
-
The Drop in Centre
spyke replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
If you do a couple of Reddi-wip shots, you don't get a hangover from wine. 🤣 -
The Drop in Centre
spyke replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
@Story Reader-- Hate that you're going through all of this. Family dynamics can be difficult and at times they just downright suck. Take care of yourself and know that we're here for you when you need a shoulder. -
The Drop in Centre
spyke replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
I will proudly stand right next to you and admit my own guilt to this heinous behavior. 🤣 Seamus reminds me of someone with his squigglies sticking up off his head... Oh yeah, looks like me in the morning! LOL I'd purchase both of them if you put them on Etsy. -
Very Well Done @Laura S. Fox!
-
The Drop in Centre
spyke replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
Agree with @Kitt. We've gotten the rains and with the ground so saturated from an unusually wet January, the river is now at major flood stage, although it's still way below the records set by Hurricanes Matthew and Florence. -
Talk about grabbing you in the throat. Wow, just wow @Wayne Gray. So well done.
- 58 comments
-
- 16
-
-
-
When I read this passage the first thing that popped into my mind was someone else who didn't mind launching an aggressive frontal assault when the situation deemed it necessary. That someone was Tonto. Family ties run deep. Will has always been "mature" for his age, but he seems to be crossing over into a more adult way of dealing with things. The way he planned things out not only by calling Steph but by bringing Kevin into the mix was really well thought out. Another great chapter @Mark Arbour
- 23 comments
-
- 11
-
-
The Drop in Centre
spyke replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
Sorry to hear about your insomnia, but very glad to hear your feeling better. Take it easy and keep letting your body heal on it's own time and terms. -
Thank you !! I was so happy to see this pop up in my feed. What a delightful surprise and a wonderful way to bring this part of Leon and Logans lives to new chapter. Hopefully this won't be the last we hear about them (hint, hint).
-
The Drop in Centre
spyke replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
Jack Kent Cooke was one of a kind. The new owner...well you said it best. There was nothing, absolutely nothing better than seeing a Redskins game at RFK. When the fans got wild, you could feel the stadium shake. If you had tickets, church always took a back seat to the Redskins playing at home on a Sunday, and God understood. 😁 -
The Drop in Centre
spyke replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
Happy Valentines Day rick! -
The Drop in Centre
spyke replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
Thank you for your service as a police officer and your wise words @MichaelS36 On one of my feeds, a mental giant posts a photo of the bed of his pickup truck where he's used cinder blocks to add weight because snow is expected and he's worried because the back end of his truck is "light." It's brought to his attention that in the event of a crash, those cinder blocks are going to fly and could hurt someone. His response was that his tonneau cover and bed should contain any flying cinder blocks. I guarantee that fool will be out as soon as the first snowflakes start to stick. And my friends wonder why I have dash cams in my vehicles and I don't drive when the weather is bad. -
The Drop in Centre
spyke replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
Ain't that the truth! Stay safe everyone. The snow, ice, and wind chills are brutal and not to be underestimated. -
I don't believe that reaching out is in Harlan's nature. He doesn't get into other peoples business unless he is forced into getting in their business. I think that if Lee had reached out to him, he would have helped Lee.
-
He may be into that sort of thing, so it may not be much of a deterrent. 🤣
- 60 comments
-
- 11
-
-
-
Such a profound statement from Harlan. So many wrong choices have been made and now Greg has made one that may have some very serious consequences. I knew that Avery would tell the truth, but like I said about the last chapter, it may be too late to repair the damage. Lee is in bad shape and if he recovers, he'll have permanent damage to his leg. You gotta stop with the cliffhangers @Wayne Gray Making us wait for another week is just plain cruel. 🤣
- 60 comments
-
- 13
-
-
-
-
The Drop in Centre
spyke replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
It's so important to start off a new job by setting the right tone, don't you think? -
The Drop in Centre
spyke replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
I was trolling reddit and this was in my feed. Knowing your penchant for fine spirits, I thought of you. Now that I've read your post, there's no question that you need this. Peanut butter cup in a cup -
The Drop in Centre
spyke replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
All of the weather people in DC own stock in the grocery stores. The more panic they can build, the more milk, bread, and toilet paper get sold. 🤣 I don't miss that madness up there at all. Now all I have to deal with is those same inaccurate models trying to predict where a hurricane will hit. At least that means no snow shoveling for me!
