Jump to content

centexhairysub

Members
  • Posts

    11,871
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by centexhairysub

  1. Well, unfortunately, what happened to Jake is something that more than one person in that situation has had to go through and deal with the aftermath of it. And it is in some ways harder than when a woman has to deal with it; and there is this weird idea that a man really can't be raped, although we all know that isn't true. Jake has had to deal with it before and in some ways might make this harder on him the second time around. Lachlan sound like a bad ass, and in the way that is good not bad. Nate trust him and so does Danny. Sort of surprised that Danny had the balls to ask about the pot, and even more shocked that Lachlan actually gave them some to take to Jake. OMG, Jaws was so scary when I saw it the first time, and I would think in a country surrounded by an ocean and with a history of shark issues, it would have been so much more...
  2. Sounds more than a little interesting.
  3. Well, honestly, having some issues understanding Ralph. Partly because I came out in the late 70's in Jr High and although it was small town Texas, never really had significant issues. Mother and her parents were very supportive, Stepfather not so much, but he did not last long, and most of the extended family was either okay with it, or just chose to just ignore it. Wasn't the most popular kid in my class but certainly was never ostracized or even bullied more than any others that were non-jocks. Ralph has to do things on his terms, and I fully support that, but the level of self-doubt and almost self-hatred is just hard for me to understand. I do understand him wanting what he has with the girls and even the ex-wife. A fun but brief encounter and glad that Nolan checked up on him the next morning, he is a keeper. Even if they end up just being friends.
  4. centexhairysub

    14: Finley

    Honestly, not sure whose life is more complicated right now, Emmet or Finley. Well, Finley has at least one brother on his side, at least to some extent. Tell Mother? Is she the one that makes decisions for the family, or just the best equipped to handle a disaster? So many questions, and we need the answers.
  5. centexhairysub

    Chapter 8

    Well, sounds as if the late Baron had more than one reason for being removed with extreme prejudice. But why is the Barony of Pittsburg to largest in number of vampires? Seems like a strange place to be the largest. Hmmm, wonder why the Viscount Chester put a stop in the way he did, could he have been involved in some way, a kickback perhaps? So many things to fix and so many issues. Wonder what hornets' nest the meeting with the Baronets will stir up?
  6. OMG, I knew all of the words... Anything Dr. Seuss was probably first as my grandmothers bought them all for me when I was quite young. But the first book that I remember finding sort of on my own and falling in love with was Watership Downs when I was about six or so. It was magical. Vinyl all the way baby...
  7. Well, the Sargeant could have been a bigger ass if he wanted, but did not seem to want the hassle of doing so. It was obvious that he did not really care for the fact that Danny and Nate had been around Jake but wasn't getting worked up about that either. Jake was raped, and it sounds as if this isn't the first time it has happened. No need to go into the psychology of it, but do think it is so strange that a supposedly totally straight guy will attack and rape a man they perceive as weaker or different especially if in a duo or pack and yet think there is nothing gay about their actions. Go figure. Danny and Nate, but especially Danny, just got a glimpse of how truly cruel the world can be. Do wonder if the two idiots will face any justice, cosmic or otherwise.
  8. centexhairysub

    Chapter 3

    Quinn just doesn't know enough yet, but with starting to work he will learn soon, that something it is just easier and safer to do yourself on a dive boat. Orion wasn't being an ass, but he did not take time to explain, luckily Aiden did. Orion and Quinn obviously have some mutual attraction and hate both working; we will see which one wins out and when for each. Quinn found a job for the summer, and it will help him going to college as well, a sweet deal. Why won't his mother let him get a license? And thought that Grandma moved to Colorado not Dallas? Like Caleb but just keep getting glances of him, hope to see more. Nice chapter can't wait to see what happens next.
  9. Okay, color me very confused; but on with the show...
  10. centexhairysub

    Chapter 6

    So many sides and twist and turns and just WOW. Can't wait for both threesomes to get together. Marc is focused on this and the family's future always, but glad that he has time to enjoy himself.
  11. Well, the D list may have been all that they could get. The smell of desperation or desertion is never pleasant and often pervasive. Vaughn and Dante got to take one last good look around, and was anything worth really seeing? Moving in together, I mean actually staying together is always an adjustment. I want more more more. As Mame Dennis Burnside always said, life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death.
  12. centexhairysub

    Chapter 2

    Quinn really had no idea what Orion had gone through, and finding out so in your face had to be hard. Orion seems very organized and put together, but I would think anyone in that position would have to be. The average person has no idea how dangerous diving can be, but you have to stay on your toes. Everyone seemed a little calmer by the end of the chapter. Can't wait to see what happens next.
  13. Well, how this plays out depends on a lot of things that are unknown at the moment. How drunk are the two guys. Is there a weapon involved? Who are the two guys? This could be anything from rather dangerous to merely annoying. OMG, love ABBA, can't really imagine a time without them being around.
  14. Can't wait to see how these turn out...
  15. And exactly who does Ned work for? Took a rather dark turn rapidly.
  16. Interesting start to the story, not sure that I would be jumping with joy to be friend with Ned after that, but I guess you have to start somewhere. Prentiss put up with a lot from Mark and the others, but if he got a quick wit out of it, might have been worth it.
  17. centexhairysub

    Chapter 5

    Well, more friends with benefits, not sure how Marc has time for them all. LOL I do love how he played that idiot Christopher. He also handled the sister and the family in a most professional manner, no sense pissing them all off over the idiocy of one child. I swear that I could feel the ice dripping from Marc's words as he spoke to Christopher.
  18. While the advice that Preston presented may be honest and true, no one but Ralph can make that decision for him nor the timing of it. Ralph has to be comfortable with whatever he decides. I keep waiting for that chance meeting with Gordon, and keep wondering when??? Agree with @Summerabbacat, the mother did not appear as objectionable as I thought she would, but perhaps it was just the brief exposure. She came off rather pretentious and maybe a little aloof, but I was expecting something much worse. Love this story, and a crossover would not be taken amiss. Can't wait to see what happens next.
  19. centexhairysub

    Pregnancy

    If, and I say again if, Granger is able to pull this off, he will have tied himself tightly to the Royal family in a way that will benefit his side of the family for generations to come. I understand the Queen wanting to keep the King from learning anything of this or even that Princess Amelia and Calvert are involved in anyway. Princess Amelia was always acknowledged to be the Kings favorite child; learning of this would more than likely bring on another episode of madness, which would not be good for anyone. Even with Granger being able to get his younger son the title and making up with Caroline to some extent; I just don't see how he would ever be able to trust her. And what will she want and how much will it cost George to try and win her support. He will have to find some way to be ready to box her in if she ever starts to unravel the deal. And how will her going to Paris play into the issues there? So many questions, but what a hell of a turn @Mark Arbour
  20. centexhairysub

    Chapter 7

    Well, a little more information on the prophesy but not nearly enough. Of course, with Opa on the job with a plane to get him place, I am expecting there to be more information forthcoming soon. And I will just about bet money that dear old dead Dad, is still around somewhere and will be a problem at some point. I question of the eyes still bothers me but can't explain why. I can't wait to see how the Baronet's react to the meeting.
  21. centexhairysub

    Chapter 1

    Ah, so Quinn liked Orion and instead of being upfront was like a little kid hitting the person they like on the playground, except he was the one that got punched. An interesting start, glad we got some of the backstory to start with, helps to keep everything straight moving forward, so to speak.
  22. centexhairysub

    Prologue

    A sense of sadness and loss permeate this prologue, but a loss of what, a sadness over what?
  23. Being able to catch your subject off guard and get an honest photo that isn't somehow posed is truly priceless. The unguarded expression and the ease of movement is always so much better than anything posed. Let's hope no one ask to many questions about where the guys got that much money, as back then, it would have been quite a bit for someone their age to just appear with. I do worry about Jake getting caught with those photos, it would clearly mean trouble.
  24. An underserved genre, need to start on a few of these.
  25. Well, the launch party seems to have been both an unqualified success and a last hurrah depending on your point of view. Loved Donna McKee would have loved to have had her more in the story, she was a hoot. LOL Suki found out she was not in the know as much as she thought. And I would think that would have hurt. Paolo and Tony were both actually impressed, I think. Shame on them, did they think Vaughn was going to fall on his face? Mother was impressed and proud, as she should have been, loved her comments to Dan. Once again, loved the descriptive writing in this chapter, really felt that I could actually visualize so much of what is going on. Hope we get to see the show at the Tramshed. Francis Heyward got to bask in how well everything was received, was this his last hurrah? The papers from Steve certainly implied there was something going on financially, but could there be other explanations? Just so well done @Robert Hugill
×
×
  • Create New...