Jump to content

centexhairysub

Members
  • Posts

    11,878
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by centexhairysub

  1. Never doubt what one is capable of doing for those we truly care about. An exciting chapter and can't wait for the next one.
  2. I would have sworn that I left a review when this was finished but obviously did not, so here it goes. Great story, well written, and the characters are so interesting and well developed. There are a couple that you never even really get to meet in the story itself, but you truly feel as if you know them and have a visceral reaction to them when they are mentioned. And interesting premise behind the story, but the presentation and the way the story just immediately grabs you; pulls you into it from the first. A couple of really off beat characters but for the most part, just regular folks that have gone about their lives trying to make the best of their situations. The live their lives openly and have family and friends that mean a great deal to them. There are multigenerational members of more than one family; and it is great to see how their lives interwove into each other and those around them. I am hoping that @Robert Hugill decides to circle back to these characters at some point, because I would love to have an update on any number of issues.
  3. Dairy is gone by the date generally in my household, but if not, it is out of here. Tend to trust can goods; but rarely have any that go over date on the can. Spices are my downfall. I love to cook/bake and spend a lot on spices and just hate to throw anything out but the second the color or smell goes, it is outta here. When it comes to fruit and vegetables, I try and by carefully; but do compost when something goes bad. Great round up as always...
  4. Don't you just hate people that have no real philosophy to follow; so they have to force people to follow them. Sounds like some people we all could name here on Earth...
  5. Phentrom has a quiet nobility that comes over well. Can't wait to see what happens now. This doesn't sound like an easy task these two are about to undertake.
  6. Okay, these have been way to easy so far. You know something is going to have to go wrong.
  7. I love when we find out a little back story on any of the characters or where they came from; always good information. Glad that this one went so easily, can't wait to see what happens next.
  8. I don't know who this Admiral is; but he just made one hell of a mistake...
  9. I have faith that Fonith will be able to fight back, once she is awake. Might not be able to escape; but she will keep the rest of them occupied.
  10. Well hell, I wonder if @drpaladin is right about the ship. It would make perfect sense, and the name explains so much. Quigley and Phentrom will have their hands full, can't wait to see what happens next....
  11. centexhairysub

    Chapter 5

    Great chapter, but that did not go in a direction that I saw coming at all. I just did not anticipate there being a whole group of them. So much going on; and now a new group added to what Greg already is trying to do. Greg just seems to draw trouble to him; and I do think this group will lead to trouble in some shape form or fashion; but we will all see. Lots of action; but also, some wit and wisdom throughout this chapter. Can't wait to see what happens next.
  12. centexhairysub

    Chapter 17

    Each section of this chapter was wonderful; and they all gave us a glimpse of what is and what might be. Cale is such a fascinating character; and I can't wait to see what he gets up to. I feel he will find out what the malice and rot is at the court. Not everyone will be happy with his search for the troublemaker; but I think he will be up to the challenge. Kinon and Nela will have their work cut out for them; but with the blessing of Lord Sunu, they will make progress. Perhaps by going at this from both directions, they will be able to help Cale as well. Dante and Tani are destined to be together; but I feel that we are beginning to understand that another has done something to keep them apart; not sure how or why, but them being pulled apart was part of a greater plan...
  13. All were delightful; but Tasty Treats was oh so well done....
  14. This doesn't look good; but I have faith that Fonith will have something up her sleeve.
  15. Oh no, sounds like all hell is breaking lose and just when everything seemed to be running smoothly for this group...
  16. Well, this seems almost to easy. I wonder where the problems will come from; or from whom?
  17. Loved how truly descriptive all of this were; but Fall stood out for me in ways that I can't even put into words clearly. Just really touching and thought provoking.
  18. All were lovely; but Fall was the one that truly spoke to me... Loved it.
  19. Three divergent sections that all actually fit together rather nicely. Made me think and feel in equal measure; and isn't that what poetry is supposed to do?
      • 2
      • Love
  20. # 5, # 6, and # 8; truly spoke to me... Loved Secret and Wisdom both; hard to learn and so few really do.
  21. A replay of what makes a person who they are and the times that affect them in ways that they can only know when they look back. Well done...
      • 3
      • Love
  22. A look back at our youth, middle age, and a look ahead to what is coming and finally the end. An honest prose that allows us all to remember and look forward to what is coming.
  23. A poignant exploration of what is perhaps the only true love without measure or reason...
      • 2
      • Love
  24. centexhairysub

    You Were a Gift

    Sweet, powerful, but oh so sad to end it. Captured the love of a pet precisely and the pain of losing one. So well done...
  25. Deliciously descriptive and oh so delightful. Loved how each season tied together, but stood alone as well.
      • 1
      • Love
×
×
  • Create New...