centexhairysub
Members-
Posts
11,882 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by centexhairysub
-
I think that @weinerdog and @raven1 both made interesting statements and thoughts. I had someone like Cassidy in my life many many years ago; his issue was not with homosexuals but with anyone that was Jewish. I eventually had to remove them from my life. What I came to realize was that it did not matter how many others left this man's life or how it effected his job, social life, or even health; he would never go to see any doctor that he thought might be Jewish, he would never change. When someone left his life or he had issues with jobs or other social situation and was rebuffed; he saw it as another example of it being because of the Jews. It was never his issues but the Jews had caused him problems again. I literally begged him on bended knees to seek therapy but he never did to the best of my knowledge. People like him and Cassidy don't see their beliefs or actions as the problem but just further proof that whomever they have issues with have caused them problems again... Sad...
- 63 comments
-
- 16
-
-
-
-
OMG, I had to go take a cold shower before I could leave a comment. This whole chapter was just sexy and hot to me. The vibes coming off of Trevor, Randy, and Skylar are just too hot to handle. Really what are the odds that Cassidy would make a play for both Trevor and Tanner; and they both had similar reactions, except Trevor was more intense. Cassidy must truly be desperate and pissed. She obviously wants out of this town, and is looking for anyone that might get her out. I still don't get her obsession with gays though? Tanner is interesting as well, would not mind a little more of him either. I love how Randy handled coming back to talk to Trevor. How he dealt with Wade, you could tell he really did care. And I love his double entendre and how he uses it to make everyone more relaxed and at ease. Impressed with how well Randy handled the situation with the guards. Trevor acted immediately to protect Randy; and Randy got some idea of how fast and scary they all can be. I do hope they look in on Seth. He needs to realize he is not alone. I am not sure how to express this yet; but I am going to try. While I think that Trevor and Randy are great together, I just can't see where it would go exactly. Skylar and Randy have a limited past; but could they have more of a future? Skylar and his wolf obviously are both attracted to Randy; and while I know Trevor and his wolf is a well, oh hell, just not sure what I think about it yet. OMG, these chapters need to start being twice a week; and the next book already needs to be in the pipeline....
- 63 comments
-
- 16
-
-
-
-
Let's hope his dad doesn't realize what Jake has done; if he gets uptight about the grades what would he do to Jake if he found out he was going through classified police information. Jake is actually pretty spoilt acting; and he probably is to some extent. His father is a police Captain and his mother is some type of nurse. This probably makes him upper middle class. He obviously has had a lot of advantages in his life, but doesn't sound like he either understands that or appreciates it. Why does Brian act out so often? Did something happen to his family? Enough in this first chapter to definitely catch my interest. Can't wait to see what happens next.
-
Let us hope that this momentary détente continues. Caden needs to realize what and who he is dealing with; and Ludwig needs to understand how the world has changed. How did Ludwig end up on this island anyway? Was it a shipwreck or was he purposely placed there?
-
I actually found Drudgery very hopeful feeling. Loved the Haikus again, people don't realize how hard they are to do.
-
Chapter 2 Lessons Learned
centexhairysub commented on Headstall's story chapter in Chapter 2 Lessons Learned
Lessons Learned just made me feel so sad... Once again good Haikus. -
Travis had the vehicle torched??? Damn, so did not see that coming. Loved this chapter Luke will be good dealing with Ander/Hayes. And I could totally see Tony doing well there as well; maybe Mason could learn to like LA. I just like ow Will and Travis connect. That said, at some point if Will and Travis get really serious, I don't see Will being able to sleep with the number of guys he does now. I don't think Travis would be able to deal with it. Excellent chapter, can't wait to see what happens next.
- 43 comments
-
- 13
-
-
-
OMG, Caden went from I am going to challenge the vampire and get something from him I want; to damsel in distress awfully quick. Of course, a giant spider will do that to some of us. LOL. Ludwig is going to have to work at making sure he doesn't take too much from Caden the next time they make out; there has to be a happy medium. Really like this chapter...
- 5 comments
-
- 10
-
-
-
Just read it... Fabulous.
-
- 5
-
-
Chapter 1 The Scenic Route
centexhairysub commented on Headstall's story chapter in Chapter 1 The Scenic Route
WOW, The Scenic Route was just brilliant. So descriptive and hot and sweet and so much more, just truly wonderful. I lived all the Haikus but the first was was so true...- 22 comments
-
- 10
-
-
-
Well, we can hope that Ludwig doesn't take too much. Caden decided the direct approach was best; and it was. In over a thousand years Ludwig had never touched a human in this way? Had he had a relationship with another vampire or just been fully celibate? Did he no longer feel the need for sex? WOW, just so interesting.
-
WOW, that went down way faster than I could have ever imagined. I knew that Trevor was serious when he made the request; but did not see him getting the answer and then making the reveal that quickly. I can totally understand Randy needing some space. That would be a lot to take in no matter what; but to realize that two men that you were starting relationships with were not fully human; well that is a whole other level of WTF... As much as Trevor and Skylar are going to want to talk to Randy, they need to let him have some time to sort this out in his own mind without feeling pressured. Great chapter, but we need the next one faster than normal.
- 73 comments
-
- 17
-
-
-
Caden has balls of steel. I so did not see anything like this coming. Caden has probably spent his life being fawned over and would expect Ludwig to jump at the chance; after all he is getting Caden in bed and his blood, what more could he want... Have to wonder how long Ludwig has been on this island. What was the year he was born? What is his background? WOW, just don't even have a clue how the next chapter is going to play out.
-
Chapter 7 - July 21, 1993
centexhairysub commented on Wayne Gray's story chapter in Chapter 7 - July 21, 1993
We can hope that if Garrett survived the fever maybe his mother and sister did; but even if they escaped that, would they have been able to stay safe from everything else going on, we will see. I am so glad that Wayne left the journal for Mark to find and read. And equally glad that Mark reacted they way he did. They have to be open and honest with each other; it is the only way to survive. The afternoon delight was truly delightful. Glad that they have found another person; but each new person will change the dynamic. And not all the changes will be for the good.- 17 comments
-
- 12
-
-
-
WOW, Will and Claire talked and the thing that got through to her most was when Will compared what she was doing to when Brad and Mark did their cocoon act. Will seemed to help Claire get some clarity on what was going on; let's hope she takes some of his advice. I think part of the issue with Claire and how this hit her was the fact that she had been with Jack and only Jack really her whole life, I think they were like sophomores when they got together. I honestly will hold out some hope that Claire and Jack can find some way to reconnect, but at the very least, find a way to be friends. Will and Tony and Mason were just hot; but what would you expect. I never was ate up with Tony and Will being together; but I always did like Mason. Let's hope they find a way to bridge their issues and maybe they could be in it for the long haul. Glad that Will decided to talk to JP and Stef about how Brad feels getting involved with Ander-Hayes. Brad has finally put Robbie in the past; and as much as I loved him, he needs to stay there. Honestly, this was only a level 2 dinner at Escorial. Frank was annoying but Will made quick work of him. What a treat, great way to start the weekend.
- 17 comments
-
- 12
-
-
-
I am going to start by stating that I believe the writing and pacing in this book is good, as good or better than the first one. I am not always a fan of short chapters, but in some way this style has worked well with this story. We get these little tidbits and are able to digest them and see how we feel about what is happening. This book keeps a number of the characters from the first, but does add a couple of new ones and increases the amount of time we get to spend with others. One new character is truly a delight to me and that was for me, the best part of this book. Okay, now to my issue with this story. The seemingly endless amount of violence and hate the seems to be generated by all sides in this story was almost more than I could handle. I understand that the way the story is progressing, this was an almost inevitable direction the story was going to go in. And I do feel that the author is using the violence to send the story forward. I can't even say that the violence is particularly gratuitous but it bothered me more than I would have suspected. If you read and enjoyed the first book; do read this and try to stay with it. Most probably would not have as much of an issue as I did with the violence; as I stated, it isn't gratuitous or graphic but the underlying hate just made it almost worse for me. Will truly be interested to see were this story goes in the next book.
-
- 3
-
-
-
Chapter 33 - The Beginning
centexhairysub commented on Adam Andrews Johnson's story chapter in Chapter 33 - The Beginning
I hated Lahari's final pronouncement. Will she turn on Tchama or Auntie Peg since both are technically Messiah? Eroli was the only one of the original four that seemed to have any sense of moderation and control, hate that we lost him. This book made me sad overall; I did love the introduction of Ninyani and the joy he took in getting to see what choices he has. But the retaliatory deaths and the hate on both side just made some of this hard for me to continue with. -
Chapter 32 - Sacrifice
centexhairysub commented on Adam Andrews Johnson's story chapter in Chapter 32 - Sacrifice
Ninyani gave the a gift that he truly did not even realize he had; and it has granted Tchama life and strength. But they are all right; we need a term for those that are Messiah but not in their hearts. How about Agrellians in honor of Agrell. -
Have to admit that pop culture has turned what was once the ultimate terror into cuddly bunny type trope. Caden is trying to bargain; maybe he isn't totally a dud. This is just was to good.
-
Chapter 31 - Vion, Part Five
centexhairysub commented on Adam Andrews Johnson's story chapter in Chapter 31 - Vion, Part Five
Okay, color me confused... The Principal Messiah picked the aftermath of death and destruction to be slutty? Is there a reason for this? I don't think that all of the Messiahs are behind the actions taken by either the Principal Messiah or Vion -
Chapter 30 - Auntie Peg & Ninyani, Part Two
centexhairysub commented on Adam Andrews Johnson's story chapter in Chapter 30 - Auntie Peg & Ninyani, Part Two
Ninyani is giving freely the mantis gland that he got when the old god died. He does this without question because he has a good heart and is too young to have been corrupted. Let us hope it works. -
Chapter 29 - Alone
centexhairysub commented on Adam Andrews Johnson's story chapter in Chapter 29 - Alone
Hate that the humans are as despicable as the Messiah and some of the shifts and bio-shifts. I guess the evil within is truly within all. Perhaps all should be wiped out and life can perhaps begin a new... -
OMG, this is almost going to well; I keep waiting for the next shot to ring out... Such a hot chapter from start to finish. The masculine vibe from all of these guys is something else. Love how Trevor, Randy, and Skylar just seem to fit some seamlessly into each others space. No hint of jealousy or friction, of course, that could be coming but... The transfusion idea was an excellent one; glad that it seems to be helping. Not sure that Thad is truly out of the woods yet, but here is hoping. Wade seems to be a little more steady. Hope they both make it through this.
- 32 comments
-
- 15
-
-
-
-
Chapter 28 - Tchama, Part Zero
centexhairysub commented on Adam Andrews Johnson's story chapter in Chapter 28 - Tchama, Part Zero
Hope those assholes that started to kill the Messiah's with no thought to what their actions would lead to suffer as much as Tchama is. Her backstory makes her seem stronger than I thought she was. Hope that someone killed the Messiah that hurt Tchama. Why try and kill a human? So sad.... -
Chapter 27 - Tchama
centexhairysub commented on Adam Andrews Johnson's story chapter in Chapter 27 - Tchama
@drpaladin is right, Tchama should have stayed at Aunt Peg's shop. That doesn't mean that I am not going to terrible pissed off if anything happens to her. Was the cloud object Tuala? And it should be obvious that Tchama has no powers; is the Messiah woman just in a killing frenzy?
