Jump to content

centexhairysub

Members
  • Posts

    11,881
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by centexhairysub

  1. Well, it looks like the scream from the last chapter was Tchama, unless Lahari screamed when she ran from destroying the building. Obviously the Principal Messiah was not at home; so they will still have to battle with her. Hate that they did not rescue the other shifts or whomever was being held hostage. Will we even know who they all were? Why did Tuala bring Lahari and then just leave? So many unanswered questions...
  2. Oh dear, I am afraid that either Tchama or Lahari have been caught up in this. Tchama would not be able to defend herself much at all, let's hope it isn't her...
  3. Vion fled like the coward that most bullies are; we can hope the Principal Messiah in the temple is killed by the destruction of it. The Messiah have reaped what they sowed, but will it solve anything? The humans stood against the Messiah even though they realized that they were over-matched; that is true courage. Let's hope all of our little band found themselves alive at the end of this event.
  4. centexhairysub

    Chapter 71

    WOW, Claire is taking this really hard; have to wonder how Craig took finding out Claire was the deciding vote against him. Was that why she was crying or did she realize what all she may have lost? Hate that she seems so lost. I am so glad that Will and Tony along with Mason are in such a good place with each other. Tony deserves to be happy, and I truly do believe that Mason makes him happy. And well, a little afternoon delight with them both would put Will in a better mood. It really is hard when you have to people starting out a relationship and trying to level up the intensity; and then you have job offers in totally different geographic locations. That can shatter some; let's hope it doesn't in this case. I HATE Zach. That said, the letter seemed to be truly heartfelt. Will is going to make it right about him losing a vehicle, with help from JP and Stef. I still don't think he is responsible for the fire; still believe it could be linked to the issue with Curtis Buck's plane. Will can see Zach and make this right but so help me; they can never be together again. Marie is going to have to get over this with her parents; John as well to a lesser extent. Sometimes parents f&%k up and you have to be the grown-ups even when you aren't. You can be mad, but you have to try and be fair. Excellent chapter, can't wait to see what happens next.
  5. So, Ninyani having the mantis gland from Bulog has come to light. At some point someone is going to have to sit down and have a serious discussion with Ninyani about his past and his abilities and how and when to use them. I do worry that Tchama going to the protest to protect Gate Town is a mistake. Aunt Peg, unlike the three little idiots, understands that it is often those with less power and the innocent that are hurt when those with powers clash.
  6. centexhairysub

    Chapter 5

    Oh Hell, it just got real. I don't know how to feel about Caden yet, just when I think I might like him he does something to annoy me.
  7. Okay, that was just annoying as hell. LOL. I really don't like S'kay. I sort of do Eroli. Gawa annoys me, way to wishy washy. Is the voice Tuala or someone else? I really believe that Eroli is right; if they are going to start all of this, then they need to defend those being attacked because of their actions. They don't have to announce, We are the Killers, but at least protect those that are being hurt by your actions.
  8. Did not leave chapter comments as I came across this story well after it was completed. Extremely well written and very descriptive, the setting in the wilds of Yorkshire were in some ways an integral part of the story and so well described. I did feel the first chapter was a little choppy pace wise but the rest were smooth and flowed really well. The two main characters could not have been more different at first glance; but in reality they shared many of the same core values and issues, just separated by age and class. They both have history that for Ted is in the distant past, while Jase is much more recent. Both lost a man, not to someone else; but to a fear of who they were or how others would see them. The set up for the story and what drives these two together is something truly out of their individual control. Jase arrives in darkness, but finds that Ted is truly in the dark about what is happening out of his isolated world. Ted helps Jase continue on and gives him the means to move toward his goal; but also realizes he too must come out of his isolation. Pull up a chair, and find out of you feel about this tale.
  9. There really was no explanation of how Ninyani killed everyone when he killed the old god; was it his power that killed everyone? Or did the Bulog kill then when he was killed? Bulog was supposedly a dream walker; did his ability kick in when he was attacked by Ninyani and kill everyone within range or was it a combination of his ability and Ninyani? This really was never explained. I don't think Ninyani knows and Ilya did not really investigate to find out when she found the boy. Not sure after a few days if anyone could have actually know for sure; but the answer might prove to be very important at some point.
  10. Glad to see that Dozi and Ilya have gone to support Gate Town. Tchama has gone to check on Ninyani but since he is with Aunt Peg, have to hope he is safe. Wonder how many know about Aunt Peg's past? Being sleepy, tired, and unsettled is never a good combination. When you are tired, the decisions you make can be made in error. I wonder if the Messiahs did not show up at night to cause just that reaction and hope that catching people tired and still recovering from the fire so they would not think rationally. This is just going to get worse...
  11. centexhairysub

    Higher 14

    OMG, so glad that Thad seems to be improving. I hope that Ethan can continue to pour on the healing and that he makes a full recovery. Wade will be devastated if he doesn't. I am so agreeing with Trevor and Aiden that the McKinley's being declared rogue. They must be fully neutered. The gloves are coming off. I am shocked that Trevor wants to turn Randy. I am not as shocked that he wants to let Randy know who and what he is. He has a connection to Randy and to Skyler that neither he nor his wolf can fully explain. Aiden and or Ethan will have to make the final decision but just really surprised. I think it would be great for Randy. He seems a little lost without Trevor. Part of that is because of how everything with Cassidy and Hannah but some is Randy just doesn't feel he belongs anywhere right now. Excellent chapter, can't wait for the next one...
  12. Here is hoping that the knock is either innocuous or good news. I am so enjoying Ninyani and Aunt Peg getting to know each other. In many ways, Aunt Peg is the idea guide for Ninyani going forward. Not sure she should be the only person, but she can guide him in ways that most of the others cannot. I love how Ninyani is progressing; but at some point, he and the others around him are going to have to deal with his powers. He needs some training in how to use them and when to use them. Really progressing along nicely.
  13. centexhairysub

    Chapter 75

    A delicious meal and then the after dinner fireworks. I almost looked around to see if JP was present as this was very reminiscent of a dinner as Escorial. The Duke fully understood what Rosslyn and what it meant; I like Granger, am baffled that Freddie did not understand it. The Duke is playing a dangerous game and could get burned; Freddie is even in more trouble; I sense that he is not well liked by much of anyone and will have trouble keeping what his father has developed without additional outlays of money from someone. We know what Davinia is like with her spending and gambling; Freddie may have burned one bridge too many. I think both Daventry and Cavendish was right; the Duchess is clearly beyond annoyed at both her husband and eldest son. We know she has always favored Bertie; but I think George is a clear choice over the other two as well with her. Lady Kendal has made George damn near invincible. This amount of wealth on top of what he already has will just propel him to greater authority and influence. Then the fact that both the King and the Prince of Wales, as well as the Duke of Clarence all feel about him makes him protected in a way that few could have been back then. I don't believe that Scruggs had anything nefarious cooked up with Brookland; I think he is the kind of person that just doesn't want to see anyone pushed aside. Scruggs strikes me as naïve and scrupulous; two words that you usually don't associate with a lawyer. Truly an outstanding chapter; the writing and pacing were truly spot on. Can't wait for the next update.
  14. centexhairysub

    Chapter 4

    Well, Caden has been given food and water; the Vampire was smart enough to know if he wanted to continue to snack on Caden that he had to be kept alive and feed. Caden's arrogance is stunning, but someone growing up with that amount of wealth usually is. How long until Caden realizes that something more is going on? So well done, Brava...
  15. So the warehouse was destroyed but it contained nothing of real value to the Messiah. The only good thing maybe that they do not realize yet that the same group attacking their people are behind this destruction as well.
  16. Without understanding what is in the warehouse, the trio have no idea of the damage they may be causing. What if there are chemicals or other dangerous items stored in the warehouse? This could not hurt just the Messiahs but also the shifts, bio-shifts, and humans as well. This group is getting more and more reckless. They either need to get a better grip on their actions or be stopped.
  17. Such a joyous night with this group; sad that tragedy struck elsewhere. I am so glad that Tchama was able to catch Auntie Peg and get her to meet Ninyani. And for Ninyani to be exposed to this wonderful world and allow it to help him blossom is wonderful. I hope that Ninyani gets to enjoy this; even if just for the night. To live a life of denial and then to have something this fabulous open before you is truly life changing. A truly wonderful chapter.
  18. So glad that both Dozi and Ilya stood up and decided to help with the watch. Dozi can't really do anything but be a witness and sound the alarm; but she knows the area better than most and I think will be a help. I am glad that none of the group was hurt; that said; doesn't the mystic and his family along with Ninyani live in Spritehood area? I hope that whatever the three extremist did doesn't impact them to badly...
  19. Sex can screw everything up; let's hope in this case that it doesn't. I am sort of surprised; I guess I thought that Mark would take the more active role not Wayne; but you can't ever really tell. I don't think Mark is using Wayne as a substitute; but I do think his fear of ending up totally alone is getting to him. How large of an area are they enclosing; I will have to go back and see if it is stated somewhere. Seems like this is a huge area for them to have done this much and still have eighty yards to go. Understand why Mark wanted to leave a note; but at this point is that really a smart thing to do? What if someone found it that you did not want to know where you were? So glad to see a new chapter; can't wait for the next one.
  20. centexhairysub

    Chapter 70

    So did not see that coming; Claire either finally listened to what JP was actually saying and got it. JP still amazes me; he truly is the heart of this story. I hope that she takes what he said to heart and decides not just the Foundations issues but some of her personal ones as well. Will was so on; his comments to Claire and Craig before the meeting were spot on. Sometimes I just want to slap Brad across the back of the head with a lead weight; but then he will pull his head out of his ass. I have to wonder how Craig is going to take Claire's vote? Will he understand why? Well, this was not dinner at Escorial; but it had some similarities.
  21. centexhairysub

    Chapter 3

    WOW, the vampire must be thinking, delivery takeout... Caden tried to bargain at the start then ran so recklessly that he injured himself and left himself no way to even attempt to defend himself against the purple eyed monster. Let's hope the vampire is smart enough to just take a few sips; keeping Caden alive to feed from would keep him with a fresh food source.
  22. I agree with @drpaladin that S'kay has become a fanatic, in a way they all are; but I disagree with @scrubber6620 that her death would stop Gawa; I think it would just make her more determined. Eroli is the only one that seems to be developing a big picture, but I fear that his reluctance to step away may make things worse. Where is Tuala? Does he just come and go; has he backed away from this venture? The neighborhood watch is a good start; but no regular human could really stop or stand up to the Messiahs. And S'kay is right in one regard; the attack by the Messiahs was so generalized that it will turn the humans and more of the shifts and bio-shifts against them. Have to wonder "what" there target will be; how do their powers effect things other than flesh?
  23. The Messiah's did the killing in Gate Town; and seemed to enjoy it; but the true killers were the group of bio-shifts that attacked and killed the Messiahs. Their actions directly lead to this attack; and they are responsible for the dead humans and other bio-shifts; of course, their actions may be over-looked but they are just as guilty of these deaths as the Messiah are.
  24. centexhairysub

    Chapter 2

    Like most people, Caden has no idea how to survive away from the comforts of daily life. It isn't his wealth but the fact that as a society we have moved so far from nature that we have no idea how to survive without a 24 hour supermarket nearby. Well, Caden is about to find that he is not alone. And not even close to the top of the food chain.
  25. centexhairysub

    Higher 13

    At this point, maybe the Congress of Wolves should be involved. This is not a leadership matter within a pack but a group that is so desperate to hold onto ill-gotten gains that they are threatening to expose the pack and others through their actions. Trevor handled everything with as much grace and strength as I think we all knew he would. Let's hope that Ethan will be able to help; if Thad dies, I would not give a rat's ass for any McKinney being alive in the world one year from his death. Randy is special to Trevor, and I think that Trevor is just realizing how much. Just a really great chapter, could this be the time for Dorian to come back?
×
×
  • Create New...