Jump to content

centexhairysub

Members
  • Posts

    11,875
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by centexhairysub

  1. centexhairysub

    Chapter 10

    This chapter just reeked of melancholy and regret. Tani has been hurt too many times and Dante is not fully sure of what will come of all of this. I do hope that Tani gives them a chance. We still need to find out who is behind the kara ot and a few other things. Cale needs to find some information as well; plus, who is trying to interfere with the Ekho realm and the Septum? Starting to wonder if the fact that Dante dies young has anything to do with this insidious incursion or is it tied to his rejection of Tani? So well done; but so many answers left unknown...
  2. centexhairysub

    Chapter 25

    Wonderful chapter; loved how Will stepped in and helped to get Patrick organized. Was able to do so without being confrontational; except for the deal with Tara; who was being a bitch. The resolution between Patrick and Johnny went better than I thought. I think on some level they both just wanted it over with; and this gave them that opportunity. I am not surprised that Patrick wanted some time to himself; even if he had already made the decisions on what his declaration was, that was probably the first time outside of therapy maybe that it was spoken aloud. Will buying the exact model of Rolex that the guy was wearing a fake of is priceless.
  3. centexhairysub

    Chapter 9

    Wonderful chapter; I like neither the Grandmaster, who we finally met, nor the father, who we should get to meet up with soon. They are both idiots. I do not think that Tani will be the one giving the tour; hope that I am wrong, but not sure that I will be. Chapter flowed wonderfully, writing and pacing were both first rate.
  4. What a delight this chapter was. I do still feel for Dirk, not the least because his bear has gone silent; but Tierney will help him on more than one level. He is right, Dirk will need to control his power, probably sooner than later. Glad that Cyrus was able to talk some sense into Mason, I think Mason knew already, but needed to hear it from someone he respected. Never thought about it; but it would be hard for an Alpha to follow the orders of someone else, especially if it was something they did not think was right... Great chapter, can't wait for the next update.
  5. centexhairysub

    Valley Narrows

    And so it begins... I do hate that Jevikel is so far away from Kadin, plus hope that the other boy and the animals are safe as well. Honestly, a little surprised that Vikkel just accepted the word that thread had returned, sort of figured that he would put up more of an argument about it. Wonderful chapter; so full of urgency. Can't wait to see what you do with the next one.
  6. centexhairysub

    Chapter 2

    Parker is going to find his whole world turned upside down. He will find that few of his so called friends will support his action of taking and posting the video; on top of that, the police and authorities in both his town and school will not appreciate his actions either. We live in a society were it is always someone else's fault or some person or group has brought the consequences upon themselves. The societal problems in the United States have reached the point that I truly am not sure that there are any answers, even difficult ones; because so many have reached the point that they simply refuse to see any points being made by the other side or have any desire to compromise. Chapter was really well written and the pacing was impeccable. Can't wait to see what happens next.
  7. centexhairysub

    Chapter 1

    I read this when you first posted; but the second chapter made me decide to follow the story. I am in my mid 50's and grew up in a small town in Texas during the 70's and early 80's; that said, I truly believe that race relations in this country is perhaps worse now than at any time since the 1920's and 30's. I applaud your attempt at dealing with this fractious issue. Your writing is good and this was an interesting start to the story. Will be very interested to see where you take it from here.
  8. centexhairysub

    The Lovers

    Terry and Dan waking up like that, except for the bloody alarm, was just too cute. Loved their interaction there and later in the day. I still go back to the dream where the Trevor and Jenny talked about getting rid of this one like the other one; then the person was chased and fell down the well. I think that means more than we know yet... Do just love this story; keeps getting better and better.
  9. A chapter with so many emotions just bubbling under the surface. Vincent meets another goddess, Aliz. She warns him not to wait too long; but what is too long? Dirk loses contact with his spirit; but it has to still be there. What will he have to do to bring himself back in harmony with it, and can he do it? Mason is trying too hard perhaps to hold onto Vincent. He knows that the outcome of the fight is not set; but protecting Vincent too much will not prepare him for what is to come. Great read, can't wait for the next update.
  10. centexhairysub

    Chapter 24

    OMG, so excited to see a new chapter and what a true delight it was. Will is such an amalgamation of those men and women that have had a hand in his upbringing. He has so much confidence; but it isn't showy or off-putting. He has a real sense of what is right and wrong; but is neither smug about it nor preachy. He realizes that he has anger issues but works to make sure that they never hurt anyone; but when they might, he works to make sure that the person gets an apology or understands why he acted the way he did. I swear he is as complete of a person as you can be at his age; and that is just oh so rare... Love how he was able to get Dustin; but do worry about it being in such a public arena, and really like how he dug till he found out what the deal was about Chris. Loved how he called Dustin on it; in public and in his face... What an ass. Chris and Will just are not a good match; even if the sex is good physically, Will needs more; while obviously Brad doesn't... LOL Great morning after breakfast; but of course, does not compare to a dinner at Escorial. Will handled himself so well there; as did Chris in a totally different way. Hope the apology to K Kris is as interesting as their first meeting. Love how Will and Stef so understand each other; and how JP just sits back enjoying the show. What a true delight this was, Mr. Arbour. You are simply the best...
  11. So happy that Ronnie's dad handled it that well; and ain't nothing wrong with his mind either, he knows what is going on. I fully understand why you would not want the parents knowing if they could not protect themselves if something came up about it. Great that Taran is getting a glimpse of Ronnie's past as well; it gives him an idea of who Ronnie really is. Yikes, talk about ominous; but who will be the one to go missing? Don't think that Ronnie would handle it well if it was Taran, and Taran would not handle it well if it was his father... Great chapter, can't wait to see what happens next.
  12. centexhairysub

    Winter

    The thread is freezing up in the sky and that is why they are getting the black dust. I can see that Jevikel at least senses that this is all wrong. I hope he gets back from market soon; no one will be safe soon. Really well done.
  13. “If you break his heart, I will literally throw you into the sun.” I don't know why; but I laughed so hard; that I damn near peed myself.... Really liked how Taran is stepping up; but then so is Ronnie, just trying to help and support him. Maya and the rest of their team are all doing what they need to do and can do; just hope they can be more prepared for whatever the shadowghast is up to...
  14. Oh, Hell to the NO... If things could not get any worse; but then yes; they can... Can't wait for the next update...
  15. A truly delicious chapter; full of little tidbits here and there throughout. I do really like Cynthia; she has such a delightful attitude. So happy that the date with Dan is going well; and desert was certainly a delight; have to wonder how the midnight snack will go. I, of course, do think there is a body there. Have not been able to figure out who; is it one of the cinema people or someone else? So many little hints but nothing solid yet. Love that Dan, if not truly a believer, is at least open to the idea of something out there, so to speak. In our materialistic world, when we run into someone not completely wired in; it is always a little bit of a shock. But we forget that there are alternative means of communication and finding out things. I do think Cynthia is right, a conversation with Maurice's wife might prove beneficial. What a delight, keep up the great work.
  16. OMG, have to wonder if Dirk will ever fully recover from this. Ingle will be okay, but no one will hunt longer or harder for details about how this hunter slipped into their lives. We need some of her backstory. Is her father really dead; or is he a hunter and this was just a backstory, if so he could come looking for revenge. I could see how Vincent's ability would give him a leg up working for the EC; but he needs to be training, would this actually help that? Great chapter, can't wait to see what happens next.
  17. centexhairysub

    Dragonriders

    Wonderful chapter; but have to hope that the the boys sense of duty doesn't get them hurt before they are able to get away. Not thread, it isn't here yet; but if they get caught, it will be bad for both of them... As my granny always said, you can't fix stupid. And some people will just never believe until it is too late...
  18. centexhairysub

    Knight of Cups

    Truly adorable chapter; glad that Dan finally made the move and was open to both the card reading and the idea of spirits/ghost. I do feel that Maurice is an important key to finding out what happened in the past. Don't know if his wife knows what his secret is; but he needs to talk to her and see what she does know, or what she might remember. Glad that he is working on getting everything in shape, you never know when he will need to be able to slack a little to get another issue resolved, and easier to do if everything is ship shape to start with, doubt Colin has done anything in forever.
  19. NO NO NO NO NO NO... WTF... I leave town for one day and the whole world falls apart... I for one did not see that coming at all with Sarah, knew something was off, but not this. Wagner is a better person that I ever gave him credit for... Loved Cyrus and Kaplan. Have to wonder if Stefano approached Sarah or the other way around. Can't see Stefano risking himself to safe anyone.
  20. centexhairysub

    Goodbyes

    I know her mother and others are probably truly grieving; but Kemi got such a lucky break with this, no one would have started looking for her because of this. I truly do hope that she makes it to the weyr safe and sound. This will be hard on Jevikel, although he has to hide who he truly is from everyone; he is basically a good and honest soul, I think it truly hurts him on some level to lie and deceive. They will stay and help to rebuild, and Jevikel can use his "grief" over Kemi to avoid any of the other girls; but he and Kadin will have to careful. So well written, can't wait for next week.
  21. centexhairysub

    Chapter 8

    Thrilled to have two chapters so close together.... There were so many happy or at least sweet things in this chapter; however, I felt rather melancholy after reading it. Perhaps, I will wait a day and read it again. Deniz is a true joy, the happiness within just shines out and touches all those around her. It is obvious how much Tani and the rest; but especially her mother love her and want to make sure she is happy. Truly hate that Tani is so removed from his heritage on both sides. Did not realize that he also did not have contact with his mother. Love that her presence has created a ghost story... A visit from two of the Septum in one day, Tani is the focus of something strange, unknown yet how dangerous but you have to know it is not benign. They are so many things pulling the different realms together all of the sudden? What is afoot? Just way to good, we need yet another chapter soon.
  22. centexhairysub

    Chapter 7

    Loved this chapter; we got glimpses of what is going on but so much remains hidden. Dante and Tani are doing this delicate little dance; the movements are so precise, but even those meanings are obscured. Interesting that Kinon was able to enter the grounds the way he did; was he the visitor spoken of at the end or is he just powerful enough to override the wards? He truly feels pity for Tani and what was done; but still supports the reason it was done, so interesting... Nora under a compulsion to keep secrets hidden; I already don't like the Grandmaster and Dante's father either one...
  23. centexhairysub

    Two of Cups

    Was it just me or was Mr. Bob Luard a little more abrupt that he should have been? Hmmmm... Harold Briggs was a fount of information; not all of it relevant, but much of it was. I have to wonder if talking to Maurice's wife might uncover a new line of inquiry? There has to be a reason that Maurice never wanted them to get back into the well... Colin is continuing to be an issue; and sounds like he may become even more of one in the future. I really do love Cynthia; anyone that can quote Shelly has to be a truly superior person... Just so well written and flows so well; each chapter leading perfectly into the next...
  24. Ah, so it is a hunter, buy why work with someone like Stefano, wouldn't the hunters be against a shadow mage as well? The idea for the wedding is wonderful, can't wait for it. Love how easily Dirk is slipping into the job and community. Do hope that Fenn is able to set up the territory the way he wants it to work; and hope that he doesn't drive Tierney nuts trying to do so. Tierney back to his ferocious lady love, so nice... Great job, keep them coming...
  25. I have to agree with @drsawzall, I would think that after the initial issue with the hold, Vikkel will want to send someone out to make sure that the goats and kids are okay; doubt he is as worried about Jevikel and Kadin as the livestock but... Kemi snuck up on them without even really trying, think it would be easy for someone else to as well. Thread is getting closer, and things will get more dangerous for everyone...
×
×
  • Create New...