Jump to content
    Black Paper
  • Author
  • 314 Words
  • 2,531 Views
  • 6 Comments
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Neverending Book - 1. Welcome


Welcome into this book, for, you have now turned its cover.
Behold what, now, you were meant to discover.
It will treat you with care, as though you were its lover.
For, it only wishes you Peace to uncover.
Do not be scared, for, it is not alive.
But, oh, how it will make you go now & thrive.
To teach you the ways, in all of your days,
to live without any physical haze.
All you must do is intuitively listen,
as you feel your soul magically glisten.
Every phrase, every line, every word, every letter,
all perfectly melded to make you better.
To show you just how you can be mystical.
To teach you to glide, and how to be whimsical.
Do not ask how this could possibly be so,
Merely, relish the dance of this Cosmic Flow.
Do not see these rhymes, at all, as crimes,
For, it, truly, can do it an infinite number of times.
You, now, ponder how, in this way, it can be told.
Enjoy it all, now, as you watch it unfold.
These letters seem familiar,
So New, yet so Old.
You feel as though you have heard this before.
Or, perhaps you have felt what is soon in store.
You wonder how time could play in this way.
Please do not run, Continue to stay.
Enjoy how it likes to laugh and play,
And, hear what this book is meant to say.
You wonder how this could possibly be steered.
But, you do not close the book now,
For, your mind has been cleared.
For, it, truly, comes from another place,
But, you already knew this to be the case.
Your brothers, with you, too, shall learn.
But, for right now, it is only your turn.
Feel the World twirl around you and bow,
As this book is meant to assist you now.

Copyright © 2019 Asher25; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
  • Love 4
  • Wow 1
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Congratulations for posting your poems.  I have a small suggestion. Given that your poems are very lengthy, i'd recommend posting only one or two per chapter.  Otherwise the experience of reading one after the other diminishes the meaning of the one before. Poetry should be savoured.  If that makes sense?

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
10 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Congratulations for posting your poems.  I have a small suggestion. Given that your poems are very lengthy, i'd recommend posting only one or two per chapter.  Otherwise the experience of reading one after the other diminishes the meaning of the one before. Poetry should be savoured.  If that makes sense?

Great idea. I might just do that in the future.🔮I just want the messages to help whoever reads them. 🌟🙏💫God bless.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

As tim said, posting only one at a time makes them a bit easier to follow. There's a lot of interesting stuff in here, but I think the one that really stood out for me was Addiction. That one made me feel, a lot. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment

You have beautiful way with versing words, so simple, yet, excellently lyrical. Thanks for the change of pace from typical reads. :)

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, D.K. Daniels said:

You have beautiful way with versing words, so simple, yet, excellently lyrical. Thanks for the change of pace from typical reads. :)

Be quiet! Just kidding. Thank you.🔮Your words mean much to me. Constructive criticism is always welcome as well. Please feel free to express any thoughts you may have. I welcome it all.

 

Edited by Black Paper
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Enjoy my review, it's so plain to see,
That your lyrical verse is setting me free.
In time, I am sure, I will read them all,
On your words of wisdom, I will frequently call.
On your words of wisdom, I will frequently stall.
 

Edited by Bard Simpson
  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..