Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Button - 19. Nineteenth Nervous Breakdown

The truth usually comes out in a spectacular fashion, and one that makes everyone the most uncomfortable. This news isn't bad news, but it does make Button squirm a little.

Nineteenth Nervous Breakdown

“I’ve got the cake ordered Jackie. We’re having Franklin Street Bakery deliver it the day of the party,” Graham said.

Button walked in the front door and his pop gave him a startled look.

“I almost had a heart attack,” Graham said into the phone. “I thought it was Craig but it is Button.”

Button sat at the table and grabbed an orange from the bowl. He peeled it and listened as Graham continued yakking with whoever was on the other side.

“He thinks it’s just dinner with his folks and us. He has no idea,” Graham said in a hushed tone. “Craig has no idea.”

Button smiled. His dad’s fortieth birthday was coming up this weekend. They’d agreed to make it a surprise party but his pop was so nervous about it. It was just a party. What’s the big deal?

Button ate another section of the orange and noticed an envelope with his name on it. His heart raced as he looked at the return address. He’d been waiting for this. His stomach gurgled as he ripped open the letter almost afraid of what it said.

“Dear Mr. Corrigan,

It is our pleasure to inform you the music department of the University of Minnesota has selected you for a partial scholarship in the amount of…”

“Yes!” he shouted and jumped up and down. “I got it Pop. They gave me a scholarship!”

Graham looked over at Button. His eyes grew larger. “Jackie. I’ll call you back. We got some great news.”

Graham hit end on the phone and grabbed the letter out of Button’s hand. “You really got it!”

“Yep. I’m going to the U and they’re giving me some tuition money,” Button yelled.

“What’s all the racket?” Sarah said coming into the kitchen. A big smile was etched across her face. She’d obviously heard the news. “You got it?”

“I did,” Button screamed. “I can’t believe it. I thought I only had an outside chance but they gave it to me.”

“Oh, I’m so proud of you,” Graham said pulling him in for a hug. Button was half a foot taller than Graham and he enveloped him in his arms.

“Say, let’s keep this as another surprise for your dad’s birthday.”

“I don’t know if I can,” Button said pulling away. “It’s such an honor.”

“Listen, you’ve earned it,” Graham said his eyes sparkling with pride. “You earned every penny of it and more.”

They all danced around the kitchen in glee. When they heard Craig’s truck pull up, the two kids raced to their rooms. Graham went to the family room and grabbed a book. This was gonna be tough to keep from Craig but it would make his birthday even better.

*****************

Button chewed on the inside of his cheek. “Are they positive?” he asked into the phone.

“It’s not a mistake right?”

“I’m here for you. You’re not facing this alone.”

“I don’t care about the scholarship. This is much more important.”

“No. I’ll just have to forget about it. You’re far more important to me than that.”

“Please don’t cry. We’ll get through this. It’s not the end of the world. It’s a new beginning. You’ll see.”

“I’ll be there when you tell them. It’s as much my fault as yours.”

“I love you Mirabelle. We’re in this together. K?”

Button hit end on the phone and he felt numb. He’d gone outside to take the call. No one else except Mirabelle knew. He’d have to figure out a way to tell his parents. They’d support him, no doubt. But, they were going to be disappointed about the scholarship and college. There wasn’t any way he could make that work now.

“Hey Button,” he heard someone say. It was Brent coming around the corner. He’d probably been over at Natalie’s again.

“Hi Brent. How’s the fundraising going?” he asked. Ever since Andy’s death a year ago, Brent had been at Natalie’s side. The young man had adopted Andy’s mother as his own second mom and together they’d decided to put a memorial park bench at Lake Nokomis in Andy’s honor. Every time they’d hit a bump, the two of them joined forces and made the project move forward.

“We’ve got the money now. We decided on the plaque today. The dedication will be next week,” Brent said with a grim smile. “I’m kinda glad it’s almost over. In a way, I wanna move forward.”

Brent had also become a fixture in Button’s life. Since Andy’s death, the little guy had filled the gap where Andy used to be. Brent was someone Button could lean on for support. For much of the time, Button been there as he could helping Brent struggle with his loss. They’d built a bond together.

“What’s going on with you?” Brent asked as Button scowled.

“I’m, I mean,” Button struggled. “Just now I got off the phone with Mirabelle.”

“How’re things going? You two are so cute together.” Brent giggled.

“We’ve got some news,” Button said. “Sit down. I have to tell someone.”

“What is it? Is it bad news?” Brent asked. “Did you have a fight? Is Mirabelle sick?”

“No. Mirabelle has been to the doctor but she’s not sick,” Button said looking at his hands. “She’s pregnant.”

“You’re kidding me. That’s wonderful,” Brent said and hugged him. “You think its good news right?”

“I got a scholarship to the U music department but, now I won’t be able to go,” Button said softly. “I’m gonna be a father.”

“You can do both,” Brent said putting his arm around Button’s shoulders. “People have kids and go to school all the time. It’ll all work out.”

Button muttered and smiled weakly. “I guess. How am I gonna tell my parents?”

“You’ve got the coolest dads in the world. I don’t know what Natalie and I would’ve done without Graham and Craig helping us,” Brent said solemnly. “They’ll be fine.”

“I feel like it’s too much,” Button said. Brent could see he was starting to cry.

“It’s okay Craig. You’ve got your parents and Sarah. I’ll be there for you guys. I can’t wait to be an uncle,” Brent said holding him tightly. “Andy would be there for you. He’d be throwing a party right now for the both of you.”

“I know,” Button sniffed. “I miss him.”

Brent pulled away. He wiped his eyes. “I do too.”

“Have I ever told you what he said to me about you?” Button asked.

“I don’t know,” Brent said. “I wasn’t in the best place after the funeral.”

“Andy told me he loved you more than he thought possible. I asked him if he’d always known he was gay and he said he was gay for you. You made the last year of his life so special. Andy loved you so much,” Button said.

Brent looked back at him. “I know he wasn’t really gay. But, I know he adored me. After being Kevin’s doormat, he made me feel special. The only way I could cope with losing him was knowing that we’d packed in a lifetime of happiness together.”

“He wouldn’t want you moping around after him. You know that right?” Button asked.

“I’m not ready to see anyone else,” Brent said quietly. “No one else compares to him.”

Both young men sat on the stoop and thought about their friend. Button was glad Brent was there. It made the prospect of his impending fatherhood a little less daunting. Brent would never be the rock Andy had been, but he was becoming more so. The comfortable silence and gentle smile were helping.

“Well, Uncle Brent will need to practice his babysitting skills. We’ll need your help.”

“I’m there,” Brent smiled.

************

“You knew didn’t you?” Graham whispered into Craig’s ear. The surprise had come without a hitch but instead of looking shocked, Craig had a knowing look in his eye.

“I had my suspicions,” he said.

“What tipped you off?”

“Gray, you laid out a suit for dinner with my parents. Oh, and the little, ‘I forgot my reading glasses’ bit. That was a little too much.” Craig chuckled and pulled him in for a hug. “But I so appreciate it. It’s a great party.”

“There’s one surprise I know you don’t know about. Button’s gonna announce it later. It’s a pretty big deal,” Graham said with a wink.

“Okay. Now that’s something I can’t wait to hear.”

Button and Mirabelle were standing in the corner watching as the guests milled around and talked. Two tables laden with food were on the other side of the room.

“Are you okay?” Button asked for the eighth time. “Do you wanna sit down?”

“I’m fine. I’m not that far along nor am I a china doll,” Mirabelle teased. “Just relax. We’ll tell them after the party.”

“I don’t wanna spoil it for dad,” Button worried. “Pop would have a fit if he knew and couldn’t say anything.”

The two of them held hands and waited pensively. Sarah saw them fidget and went over to them.

“Why are you two so anti-social?” she asked. “It’s dad’s birthday and you two look like it’s a funeral.”

“It’s nothing. We’ve got something to tell them later.” Mirabelle scowled at Button’s words.

“Pop’s gonna have you announce it later.”

“What?” Mirabelle said to Button.

“The scholarship. He wants me to tell dad about the U,” Button explained.

“Oh,” Mirabelle said. “I never thought this would be so hard.”

“I know,” Button said swallowing. “Do you want to sit down?”

Mirabelle just shook her head.

Sarah left the two of them shaking her head. ‘What a couple of weirdos,’ she thought.

“Okay everyone, can I have your attention please. In honor of Craig’s fortieth birthday, our son has an important announcement to make.” Graham was beaming with pride.

Sarah saw Brent was talking with Petey and Josie. It looked like he was sharing a secret of some sort. Sarah casually walked by to hear. She already knew Button’s little secret about the scholarship.

“Button’s afraid he won’t be able to go to the U after all. He said he’ll have to get a full time job. He can’t raise a kid working as a busboy at the restaurant,” she heard Brent say.

“That’s too bad,” Josie said. “Poor Mirabelle. So she’s gonna keep it?”

“Yeah. Button’s going to ask her to marry him. They don’t wanna wait until after the baby comes,” Brent hissed.

“Mirabelle’s pregnant!” Sarah squealed. The entire crowd, having been directed toward Button and Mirabelle, turned as one to look at her.

“What?” Graham shouted. The entire party heard her.

“Um, you waited for my birthday party to announce this,” Craig said pulling Graham closer. “You certainly surprised me this time.”

“I didn’t know,” Graham said. “I’m as surprised as you are.”

*************

Sarah watched as the crowd dissipated. After the initial rush to congratulate Mirabelle and Craig, the guests seemed uncomfortable. The two of them had disappeared almost immediately retreating to Button’s room.

Sarah felt terrible.

Ludoslaw and Pela, Mirabelle’s parents, were talking with Dad and Pop. They were whispering to each other and Dad looked angry. Pop was barely holding it together. It almost looked like the four of them were arguing or something. From the body language, Mirabelle’s parents must have already known. They looked depressed but composed at the news.

Sarah had to make this better.

She knocked on Button’s door. “Who is it?”

“Button, it’s me, Sarah,” she said holding back the tears.

“Come in,” he said. He sounded down.

Sarah walked through the door and saw Mirabelle was sobbing. Button was holding her but he looked just as distraught. She closed the door behind her and sat next to the weeping girl.

“I’m so sorry. It was just such a surprise I…well I’m really sorry,” she said. Then Sarah started crying and Button and Mirabelle included her in the hug.

“How are Dad and Pop taking it?” Button asked. Mirabelle looked at her pensively.

“They seem pretty mad. They’re talking with your mom and dad now and it looked heated,” Sarah said softly. “If I could’ve kept my big mouth shut.”

“Doesn’t matter,” Mirabelle said. “We were gonna tell them this evening anyway. What’s done is done.”

“Yeah, but I ruined Dad’s birthday,” Sarah said.

“It’s okay,” Button said. “I’ll settle them down.”

After they assured her they weren’t mad, Sarah slipped out of Button’s bedroom and into the kitchen. She peeked through the doorway into the family room. Dad and Pop were still talking to Mirabelle's parents. Dad didn’t look mad anymore and Pop was hugging Pela. Maybe she hadn’t ruined things completely. It was strange. Sarah had a sudden revelation. She was going to be an aunt. The idea was pretty cool actually.

Maybe she could make things a little easier for her brother and his girlfriend.

Ludo and Pela left and Sarah watched as dad headed for his office, his sanctuary. Pop approached her and smiled.

“Quite the exciting party huh?” he said. Graham didn’t sound mad. “I guess you were as surprised as the rest of us.”

“I’m sorry I blurted that out,” Sarah said. “I feel awful. Button and Mirabelle are crying in his room. They feel terrible.”

“We’re having a family meeting,” Pop said. “I’ll get Craig and Mirabelle and join you in the kitchen.”

Graham closed his eyes, gathered his thoughts and went to Button’s bedroom. He paused for a moment and took a deep breath.

Graham tapped on the bedroom door. “Can I come in?”

Button opened the door. He looked like he’d been crying, eyes red, sniffing. Mirabelle’s head was hanging low. “Family meeting time,” Graham said. “Come on.”

“Maybe I should just leave with my parents,” Mirabelle said sadly.

“Nonsense. You’re part of the family so of course you’re meeting with us,” Graham smiled broadly at them.

“Pop, you gotta believe we didn’t mean for this to happen,” Button said grasping Mirabelle’s hand.

“I’m guessing both the pregnancy and the announcement were big surprises,” Graham chuckled. “Your dad is joining us in a minute.”

“Is he really mad at me?” Button asked.

“Nope. Not at all. We just need to talk.”

Button and Mirabelle reluctantly followed Graham to the kitchen. Sarah was sitting in a chair looking sheepish.

“Sarah, can you get us some pops,” Graham asked sitting down. “So, I’m gonna be a grandpa huh?”

Button and Mirabelle just looked at one another and then nodded.

“Your dad and I spoke with Mirabelle’s parents and we heard you’ve discussed some plans?” Graham asked. “Can you tell us what those are?”

Button squirmed in his chair but held tightly to Mirabelle’s hand. “Ludo said he could get me a job at the country club. I could live with them and help take care of the baby. I want to be part of his or her life. I love Mirabelle. I want to marry her.”

Mirabelle looked at him in shock. “Really? You’d marry me?”

“Of course,” Button said. “You’re my best friend and my soul mate. I want us to be together forever, like your parents and like Dad and Pop.”

“You never told me that,” Mirabelle said.

“I wanted to ask you formally after all this came out,” Button said. “But someone let the cat outta the bag first.”

Sarah blushed and her brother winked at her.

“Where’s dad?”

“I’m right here,” Craig said sitting down at the table. He had two sheaths of papers in front of him. Graham leaned over and kissed him quickly.

“Let’s consider the plans you made with Mirabelle’s parents Option A,” Graham said. “Now, your dad will give you Option B.”

Craig cleared his throat and looked at his son. “We want you to go to college, both of you. So here’s what your pop and I were thinking. When you got dropped on my doorstep nineteen years ago, my dad helped me out. He paid my rent and bought you diapers and then when I met Graham, his dad helped us too. To pay them back, Gray and I gave them shares in the business.”

“Dad. We can’t have you guys buying us everything for the baby. I wanna work and take care of the baby and Mirabelle myself.”

“You’re not letting me finish,” Craig said. “There’s more to the story. Your grandfathers Leroy and Curt gifted their shares in the business to you and Sarah. Graham and I matched those gifts and so we want you to see something. This was supposed to be a high school graduation gift but it’s more appropriate now.”

He pushed the papers across to Button and Mirabelle. “Read what it says out loud.”

“This one is called Button Foods,” Mirabelle said. “The other says it’s called Sarah Foods.”

“That’s right. Now go to page eight,” Craig instructed. He leaned back as Button read the layout.

“This says I own 20% of the Southdale store.” Button looked up at his fathers in surprise. “Sarah, look at this,” he said pushing the other papers toward her.

“I own a fifth of the Mall of America store?” she asked.

“That’s right. We’ve been saving the earnings for you guys. It’s not a fortune by any means but you can go to college and take care of your baby I think.”

Button and Mirabelle looked at each other and smiled. “I can’t believe you did this,” Button said.

“We hope you’ll consider Option B. Listen, Button and Mirabelle. We will do whatever it takes to help you deal with this situation. Craig and I hope we can cope like we always have, as a family. You’re part of it now Mir. Please let us help you,” Graham pleaded.

“This is overwhelming,” Sarah said. “I can’t believe you did this for me too.”

“Why wouldn’t we? You’re our daughter just like Button is our son,” Craig said quickly. "Your savings account isn’t quite what Button’s is but the store is quite a bit newer. By the time you need it, it’s there for you.”

“We could still live with my parents though,” Mirabelle said. “I mean, we don’t have a place to live.”

“Since Button’s announced his intentions to marry you, perhaps we can help find you a house,” Craig said. “Graham and I could help with a down payment. That could be our wedding gift to you both.”

“So Button could still go to college?” Mirabelle asked. “Maybe I could after the baby is here.”

“Absolutely. You should both pursue your dreams.” Graham smiled happily at them.

“This is all so much to take in. I don’t know what to say except thanks,” Button said quietly. “Dad, I’m sorry I ruined your birthday party.”

“Ruined?” Craig roared. “Are you kidding? This is the best birthday present ever. You guys are giving me a grandchild. What more could a guy ask for?”

“You’re really not mad?” Mirabelle asked shyly.

“Not at all. I’m the proudest grandpa in the world right now.”

 

Button couldn’t contain his excitement. It wasn’t the life he’d planned but in a way it was better. Mirabelle would be his wife. They’d get a little house with a yard for their family. He could still get his degree and teach music. That was his dream. It would all come together after all.

Right?

On to the last chapter of "Button." I hope you'll join me for the finish of this story. It's not the end by any means, but it does finish this part of Button's life. All I can say is 'thank you' for being on this journey with me.
Copyright © 2014 Cole Matthews; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 48
  • Love 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Administrator

Congratulations to Button and Mirabelle :) I really hope that they are able to make it work. I'm sad there's only one more chapter, but am very glad there will be a sequel. Nicely done, as always. :hug:

Link to comment

The pregnancy was a huge surprise but the family handled it well. I'm glad they have plans and will work through this. I'm really sad that next week is our last chapter but I'm also looking forward to your next work. Thank you for writing this.

Link to comment

I'm really astonished that none of the characters considered an abortion an option at all... Mirabelle would really be ok with Button giving up a treasured scholarship and working at the country club rather than going to school?

Link to comment
On 07/07/2014 12:29 AM, Valkyrie said:
Congratulations to Button and Mirabelle :) I really hope that they are able to make it work. I'm sad there's only one more chapter, but am very glad there will be a sequel. Nicely done, as always. :hug:
Thanks Val! Its been great fun writing this story. I think they are a match made in heaven but even those do have troubles. :)
Link to comment
On 07/07/2014 12:46 AM, Rebelghost85 said:
The pregnancy was a huge surprise but the family handled it well. I'm glad they have plans and will work through this. I'm really sad that next week is our last chapter but I'm also looking forward to your next work. Thank you for writing this.
Thanks Rebel! Craig and Gray had planned to help with college anyway so this just added a wrinkle. A good wrinkle i think! :)
Link to comment
On 07/07/2014 04:27 AM, Irritable1 said:
I'm really astonished that none of the characters considered an abortion an option at all... Mirabelle would really be ok with Button giving up a treasured scholarship and working at the country club rather than going to school?
Mirabelle is Roman Catholic so i doubt there was much thought about it. I cant imagine Button suggesting it to her. Given his issues with his own mother abandoning him, i felt he'd be compelled to be there for her. Thanks for the review!!!
Link to comment

so beautifully done thanks for writing this tale and sharing it with us i love this story ........i so love Button

 

Bob

Link to comment
On 07/07/2014 08:45 AM, fiedlerbob101 said:
so beautifully done thanks for writing this tale and sharing it with us i love this story ........i so love Button

 

Bob

Thanks Bob! I can't tell you how much your steady, supportive reviews have helped me. They give me a jolt of energy. I hope you like the ?finale? And I hope you read the sequel this fall!:)
Link to comment

Thank for taking us on this journey. I both look forward to and dread the last chapter. It's been a wonderful ride.

Link to comment
On 07/07/2014 10:44 AM, avidreadr said:
Thank for taking us on this journey. I both look forward to and dread the last chapter. It's been a wonderful ride.
That is so sweet! That makes me feel great. I will miss my Sundays with you loving on Button. It has been a great journey Avid! Thank you for making it so special.
Link to comment

Glad to read that Brent is not stuck grieving over Andy. He seems to have a healthy outlook. Also, glad that he and Button have developed a closer friendship.

A little disappointed with Button and Mirabelle. I would have expected Craig and Graham to be more proactive concerning safe sex in light of Craig's experience with Button's mom. I am glad that the two families are committed to making the situation work. I don't think that Mirabelle had truly considered the consequences of what Button was willing to sacrifice. They are very fortunate the Craig and Graham had thought ahead.

I'm curious as to how you'll conclude this part of the story. Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

Link to comment
On 07/07/2014 10:45 PM, dughlas said:
Glad to read that Brent is not stuck grieving over Andy. He seems to have a healthy outlook. Also, glad that he and Button have developed a closer friendship.

A little disappointed with Button and Mirabelle. I would have expected Craig and Graham to be more proactive concerning safe sex in light of Craig's experience with Button's mom. I am glad that the two families are committed to making the situation work. I don't think that Mirabelle had truly considered the consequences of what Button was willing to sacrifice. They are very fortunate the Craig and Graham had thought ahead.

I'm curious as to how you'll conclude this part of the story. Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

Very thoughtful review! I dont think Button and Mirabelle were unsafe per se. I think it just happened though in the throes of passion you dont know. This is a transition, a big one, and they are maturing. Brent is doing okay but he's still grieving in his own way. Thanks so much for the kind words dughlas! Im glad you're enjoying the story. :)
Link to comment

It's funny how real life sometimes mirrors fiction...I had the duty of showing my underage son's girlfriend how to use an at home pregnancy test. As I remember, it was very bonding for my future daughter inlaw....I somehow was able to focus on the baby (my grandchild ) she was carrying and not get overly crazy as was the custom of my parents.

 

You have made me laugh and cry at times as well as remember those times both good and bad; thanks for the ride......your friend, Mike

Link to comment
On 07/08/2014 01:47 AM, flamingo136 said:
It's funny how real life sometimes mirrors fiction...I had the duty of showing my underage son's girlfriend how to use an at home pregnancy test. As I remember, it was very bonding for my future daughter inlaw....I somehow was able to focus on the baby (my grandchild ) she was carrying and not get overly crazy as was the custom of my parents.

 

You have made me laugh and cry at times as well as remember those times both good and bad; thanks for the ride......your friend, Mike

Thanks so much Mike! I really try to make the story as real as possible. Unplanned pregnancies happen and what an experience you had. It's natural to get upset but as you say concentrating on the positive is important. I appreciate your kind words!
Link to comment

I can't for the life of me see how you can top this one, even if there is a wedding on tap for chapter 20! Write faster mister!

Link to comment
On 07/08/2014 08:41 AM, Kitt said:
I can't for the life of me see how you can top this one, even if there is a wedding on tap for chapter 20! Write faster mister!
Thanks Kitt! I don't know if it will top 19, but it will be pretty darn special. I hope! Lol!!
Link to comment

Craig and Graham are truly wonderful parents, they really have thought about their children´s future and actually done something that will help them to have a great start into their adult lives. Button and Mirabelle should be able to have a baby and finish college, when everyone is prepared to help them. Scene with Brent and Button was very touching.

Lovely chapter :)

Link to comment
On 07/11/2014 05:13 AM, Suvitar said:
Craig and Graham are truly wonderful parents, they really have thought about their children´s future and actually done something that will help them to have a great start into their adult lives. Button and Mirabelle should be able to have a baby and finish college, when everyone is prepared to help them. Scene with Brent and Button was very touching.

Lovely chapter :)

Thanks Suvitar! I think Button and Sarah got pretty lucky with parents like Craig and Graham. Im glad youre enjoying the story.
Link to comment

Wow! Wow! Wow! First there's tears over a funeral and now it's tears over a wedding. You sure know how to pack it in. I have had a wet Sunday afternoon but it has been gloriously cleansing. Thanks for doing such a splendid job and sharing Button's story with us, well the first part of his story anyway. Can't wait to share the final of this part and look forward to the sequel too. Thanks again.

Link to comment
On 07/21/2014 12:16 AM, Jaro_423 said:
Wow! Wow! Wow! First there's tears over a funeral and now it's tears over a wedding. You sure know how to pack it in. I have had a wet Sunday afternoon but it has been gloriously cleansing. Thanks for doing such a splendid job and sharing Button's story with us, well the first part of his story anyway. Can't wait to share the final of this part and look forward to the sequel too. Thanks again.
Thank You Jaro for sharing your thoughts and feelings with me on this story. I'm working on the next part but I sorely miss Button's growing up. Seeing it unfold again through your eyes has been a treat. :)
Link to comment

Moving past the death of Andy is that awful part of life that needs to be faced. Thanks for getting us there relatively painlessly. Button is doing what he promised Andy and it is paying dividends for Button who has a new and devoted friend he can confide in and count on. Unplanned pregnancy can be a dream killer but when you have a family like Button's it can be the blessing it is supposed to be. I have no doubts that Button will be a good dad...after all he had two of them to learn from...cheers...G

Link to comment
On 09/29/2014 03:33 PM, Headstall said:
Moving past the death of Andy is that awful part of life that needs to be faced. Thanks for getting us there relatively painlessly. Button is doing what he promised Andy and it is paying dividends for Button who has a new and devoted friend he can confide in and count on. Unplanned pregnancy can be a dream killer but when you have a family like Button's it can be the blessing it is supposed to be. I have no doubts that Button will be a good dad...after all he had two of them to learn from...cheers...G
You are so right. Button is turning into a good man who lives up to his responsibilities. As you said, he gets that from his family. Thanks Gary for your kind words.
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..