Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

GA Writing Prompts - 11. # 16 Eschaton (The Chance of a Lifetime)

# 16
Write a scene where four or more people are holding a conversation.

Eschaton (The Chance of a Lifetime)

  

"I heard a scout returned yesterday evening," Erildar said.

"He was summoned to the king instantly," Qildor added.

"A matter of urgency then," Erildar mused, rubbing his chin.

"Rumors have already spread," Falael said. "I heard his horse was exhausted and close to death."

"Who said this?" Ardreth asked.

"The stable boy," Falael replied. "He talked to one of my comrades."

"He must have ridden a long distance then," Qildor said.

"And apparently without rest," Erildar mused, still rubbing his chin.

"I can only imagine he came from Khidell where our enemy’s powerful wizard resides," Qildor said.

"This is very speculative," Ardreth said. "You do not have any proof."

"It could well be," Falael said. "Only a month ago we captured a scout from Khidell who told us the mighty wizard has retreated to his tower without given any reason for it."

"He told you that? He gave away a secret freely?" Erildar asked with an almost smile on his lips.

"Freely, no," Falael said with a grim look. "I can only guess he thought it would delay his death which was a fatal error."

Erildar smiled. Qildor and Ardreth exchanged a quick look.

"A fatal error," Falael repeated. "He was..."

Erildar raised his hand. Falael fell silent. Qildor and Ardreth looked at Erildar.

"The scout may indeed have more information. Perhaps the wizard of Khidell’s power weakened, why ever. This could be the chance we were waiting for."

A shiver ran down Falael’s spine. Qildor straightened and Ardreth lifted his chin.

"The chance of a lifetime," Falael said.

"The end of a war," Qildor said under his breath.

"The end of an era," Ardreth said in a low voice.

Erildar nodded. The others looked at him.

Another elf approached them and told them that the king had announced that a council would be held in the evening. The elf hurried on.

Erildar, Qildor, Ardreth, and Falael looked at each other.

"We must not forfeit the chance," Erildar said in a serious, almost reverent voice.

 

Dolores Esteban
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..