Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

GA Writing Prompts - 41. # 172 An Old Elvish Cave

span># 172
Use the following words in a story – pillow, evergreen tree, rabbit, storm cloud, and fishing rod.
LOTR Fanfiction. First published in 2003 under my previous pen name. Adapted to the GA prompt in 2013.

An Old Elvish Cave

 

 

 

"Come," Legolas said. I know a better place than this clearing. The place is not far away. He looked briefly up at the sky that was covered with storm clouds, before he turned back to Aragorn. "Come now, Aragorn. Come with me."

Aragorn followed Legolas reluctantly. What the hell did the elf have in mind?

They moved through the forest of evergreen trees and soon reached a small river that was running through high rocks. Legolas pointed at the other side of the river.

"Do you see these flower garlands hanging down there from the rocks? They hide the entrance to an old Elvish cave."

"An Elvish cave," Aragorn echoed.

"Yes," Legolas said. "This place is one of the places where an Elvish council take place now and then."

"It can easily be found," Aragorn said. "I don't think this place is a safe place."

"Sure it is," Legolas said with a smile. "You can enter the cave only by passing the flower garlands. However, the flowers are poisoned."

"You definitely want me to touch them, I bet," Aragorn hissed with a frown on his face.

"Oh no," Legolas replied, "If I wanted to take revenge for what happened this afternoon, I'd certainly find an easier way. I know a way to enter the cave without getting hurt." He stepped to a big tree near the river. "Lean against this tree, Aragorn, and look at that big rock right to the flower garlands. What do you see?"

"I don't see anything," Aragorn replied.

"Oh, come on, Aragorn. This isn't too difficult. Look at the flowers," Legolas said softly.

"Hmm, I see blue ones now. I didn't see them before," Aragorn said.

"Right," Legolas said with a smile. The blue ones are not poisoned. Look at them until you have reached them, and then pass through the flower garlands. Thus you can enter the cave safely. If you lose sight of the blue flowers, then you have to start at the tree again."

"And what's that? Some Elvish magic?" Aragorn asked with a frown.

"Yes, Elvish magic," Legolas replied with a sweet smile. "Come on now, let's enter."

They moved to the flowers and entered the cave. "Pretty, pretty," Aragorn said, looking around curiously. "A real Elvish palace. But it seems no one is around."

"No, there's a council only once a year. Sometimes an elf may come here in order to rest for the night. But nobody’s here right now."

"Some Elvish magic told you this place was empty?" Aragorn asked with a small grin.

"Indeed," Legolas answered in a serious voice that made Aragorn stop grinning immediately. "I will show you my room," Legolas said, already crossing the entrance hall.

"You have a room of your own here?" Aragorn asked in astonishment.

"Yes, I have, I'm an Elvish counsellor," Legolas said with a motionless face. "I'm the representative of Mirkwood Forest, after all."

"Good to know," Aragorn said, now baffled completely. "And you come here now and then, taking along someone you have met, I mean..."

"Oh no," Legolas replied with widened eyes, yet smirking inwardly smirking. "This place is a secret place. I was here only once with somebody else."

"I see," Aragorn said. The frown on his face returned. He followed Legolas close behind.

Legolas opened a door. "This is my room. You may enter," he said.

Aragorn stepped into the room. The first thing he saw was a big bed with plenty of pillows. His frown deepened.

"Nice," he said.

"Yes it is. I like this room very much, plenty of space, and very comfortable," Legolas replied.

"Comfortable. Indeed. And what do you want to do now? Get undressed?" Aragorn inquired. "I'm not in the mood of wanting to get undressed. I don't think my body would react in any way," he said in a cross voice.

"It's a nice idea to get undressed, indeed. But no, Aragorn, let's sit down and talk," Legolas said.

Legolas sat down in a chair and pointed at another one, five or six steps away from him. Aragorn sat down with a sigh. What the hell did Legolas want? Was this his revenge for making fun of him in the afternoon? What did he have in mind? Did he plan to leave him here, trapped behind the poisoned carpet of flowers? Aragorn looked at Legolas.

"All right, why did you take me here?" he asked.

"Hmm," Legolas said, looking at him sweetly. "Yesterday, when I lay down to sleep and you passed me by to leave the clearing for whatever you wanted to do, I.., well, it was clear to me that you did not go chasing rabbits. You were carrying a fishing rod in your hand. Anyway, I know you didn't dislike me like you did this afternoon. I mean, I could clearly see on your face that you wanted to rip off my clothes," he said, smiling innocently.

Aragorn leaned back, taking a deep breath. Revenge. How could he have allowed himself the slightest thought of anything else, maybe a pleasant evening. He was such a fool, a long-travelled man, a warrior, trapped by this handsome and gentle elf with that sweet smile on his face.

"Am I right or not?" Legolas asked.

"Yeah, you're right. What else do you want to know? Make it short, please," Aragorn sighed.

"I knew," Legolas said, "I could see it clearly on your face. What a pity you walked by."

"What? What do you mean?" Aragorn uttered. He leaned forward a bit.

"I said it was a pity that you walked by. I really would have liked you to rip off my clothes," Legolas replied.

Aragorn gaped at Legolas. The words sank in only slowly.

"You...you would have liked me to stay?" he asked finally.

"Oh, yes," Legolas said while examining a strand of his hair. He looked up. "There is no time like the present. Let’s not waste another precious moment of time."

Aragorn gazed at Legolas. Legolas winked and smiled.

 

 

span># 172
Use the following words in a story – pillow, evergreen tree, rabbit, storm cloud, and fishing rod.
LOTR Fanfiction. First published in 2003 under my previous pen name. Adapted to the GA prompt in 2013.
Dolores Esteban
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..