Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

GA Writing Prompts - 75. Out of Bounds

GA Newsletter Game: Pride Month Headline
I tried something new. A Dictionary Story is a collection of stories built around definitions in dictionaries and composed entirely of example sentences from the dictionaries. I used the Online Oxford Dictionaries.
Headline: Man behind machete attack plan at gay pride event detained in Hospital
 
 
Out of Bounds
 


This was a sad situation on the eve of our gay pride celebration. It was a blustery winter eve, the sun was sinking into slumber and in the town square, people were gathering for a meeting.

Here, chance meetings and encounters create a mood where anything can happen, even murder. We have laws on murder, but, tragically, we still have murders and killings in this country. The affairs of the town, the country and the outside world means little to them. The site is outside of any defined development boundary. Grey weathered posts, with white ant mounds creeping up around them, mark the boundary. Gates of bamboo or weathered wood will typically let you know where you're not welcome. We were unlikely to receive the warmest of welcomes.

Those investigating the case say they won't rest until the person responsible receives a prison term. I, and all the officers who worked on the case, were utterly shocked at the callous level of violence he used. More than rage, it was a pity that filled me on seeing this callous indifference all around.

 

 

 

 

.

Dolores Esteban
  • Like 8
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Love your experiments .. this was very good!

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment

You are always innovating Delores. You got the sense of your headline, but I just want more 

  • Like 3
Link to comment

What an intriguing experiment. I love reading your stuff - I never know what's going to be next. :)

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment

You got that from a dictionary? Wow! I never would have guessed. Sounds like a thing I'd like to try. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
15 hours ago, comicfan said:

You are always innovating Delores. You got the sense of your headline, but I just want more 

 

18 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Love your experiments .. this was very good!

 

14 hours ago, northie said:

What an intriguing experiment. I love reading your stuff - I never know what's going to be next. :)

 

 

12 hours ago, Puppilull said:

You got that from a dictionary? Wow! I never would have guessed. Sounds like a thing I'd like to try. 

 

Thank you! I'm glad you liked the result of my experiment, too. :)

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 7/2/2018 at 3:59 PM, Caz Pedroso said:

An interesting take, and an intriguing experiment :hug: 

 

25 minutes ago, deville said:

Well that was unusual .... different and a really thought provoking read. 

 

Thank you. Glad you liked the piece. :)

  • Like 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..