Jump to content
    JujuTheDruid
  • Author
  • 3,877 Words
  • 448 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Icebox - 4. Visitation Day

Zafiro

 

I smile and brush my hair in front of my bathroom mirror.

 

Oh should I do my eyeliner like I used to before? Maybe he’ll like seeing that again!.

 

Yes that needs to be done. I can’t let him think being here is affecting me.

 

Should I cut my hair? It’s not that long compared to before. I think that’s all fine and dandy.

 

Fuck I hope he’s wearing something that hugs his chest tight today!

 

Oh I wonder how this will work.

 

It is like one of those places where there isn’t a window separating them?

 

Now that’s just me being hopeful.

 

Would it be so bad to ask if I could kiss that man? It’s not like I would ask him to sneak shit in here.

 

Surely they would be nice enough to allow that for me.

 

My nerves are all over the place and the loud music isn’t helping!

 

Oh god what if he’s gonna be mad I haven’t seen him in so long? Apparently it’s been months since I last saw him!

 

Fuck and I left my pets with him.

 

Definitely can’t forget to ask about them!

 

Maybe can help me with the layout of how he gets here from planet-side?

 

Nah nevermind. I can’t have him doing all that.

 

Pursing my lips, I’m debating on talking about that whole moment with Zee with him.

 

Maybe I shouldn’t. I’m sure it was nothing.

 

Sure it felt weird and a bit natural? As if we’ve had moments like that before but I’ve only just met that guy!

 

Rubbing my temples, I close my eyes and sigh.

 

The fuck is wrong with me? I am absolutely not bringing that up? I shut that shit down and I’m not going to think anymore about it.

 

Already have a shiny I want. Don’t need another.

 

I can’t help but smile thinking about Tin Can.

 

Just realized I’m most likely gonna see him in his metal form. A shame but I’ll take anything.

 

I missed him a lot.

 

This little wait time is already feeling like forever.

 

I’m supposed to see him after dinner tonight.

 

Probably for the best but I doubt I’ll be able to eat anything with my stomach feeling all fluttery.

 

Curse that asshole for making me feel like some little kid with a crush.

 

I suppose the real one who pulled the strings was Piggy. He did like mentioning me and Tin Can being an item.

 

I personally found it weird but now look at me. I’m trying to look my best for that guy.

 

So I have a replicator.

 

That alone is a shock that it’s allowed in here, but they did put some heavy restrictions on it.

 

I could easily break into it to turn said restrictions off, but again…the drive to escape has left me entirely right now.

 

Though right now the urge to break into it and fix it around is high.

 

Apparently most brands of eyeliner are not allowed!

 

Go figure.

 

When I finally manage to find one, I don’t even care if the brand is sketchy! I just need it for one hour!

 

Hell I’m not ever sure if he’s for sure gonna show up today.

 

We don’t exactly have a way to communicate. I’m depending on the word of these officers here. They could be messing around with me for all I know.

 

The skin around my eyes got a bit red with how often I had to redo the eyeliner.

 

I suppose it’s been awhile since I last did it.

 

The old urge to constantly make my eyes pop out more is gone too.

 

Apparently I’ve been hopping from prison to prison for months now and I’m losing parts of myself more each time.

 

Maybe I need to get meds?

 

I just remembered I need to get this fucking chip out of my head! How long has this thing been in me now?

 

Scratching at my temple, I quickly change into a clean uniform and get to moving to not think about that piece of metal attached to my brain.

 

“What did it do to us?”

 

I wince at how loud that voice was.

 

How the hell did it get louder than the music?

 

Biting my lip, I quickly slip out of my cell and make my way to the cafeteria.

 

“We’re getting worse!”

“Why aren’t you walking to the doctor’s office right now?”

“You can’t wait for another day to meet Tin Can?”

 

I hit my head and lean against the wall.

 

“Shut up,” I growl. “I need to see him! I’ll go tomorrow and it’ll be fine! It’s only one more day. Just shut up all of you!”

 

They listen.

 

Perfect silence.

 

Looking further down the hallway, I see two officers have paused to watch me.

 

As soon as I notice them, they continue walking out of vision.

 

Sighing to myself, I wrap my arms around myself and keep moving.

 

My face heats up a bit in embarrassment.

 

Starting to really hate myself with how often I keep forgetting I’m not talking to anyone.

 

At least I think so.

 

What if these voices are actually connected to someone else controlling them?

 

Narrowing my eyes, I can’t help but think about what exactly Cody was doing to me.

 

He sprouted wings from my back then cut them off. Apparently he placed a chip in my head but I don’t know what exactly this chip does.

 

I’m pretty sure it’s the reason I hear these voices now.

 

Thinking about the last night I got caught…it definitely had other affects on me.

 

I already had some not so human stuff going on.

 

Knowing that it was because that augment smoothie of a human being Arturo, it all feels weird.

 

All these weird abilities have definitely gotten uh…upgraded I guess is the word to use.

 

I didn’t exactly know just how bad it got until that night.

 

It felt like I was flying around the room.

 

I mean I was hanging off a ceiling fan…or chandelier? Pretty sure it was that.

 

I already felt how strong I was before that when I had beaten up that bunkmate, but that night was something else.

 

Sure I got caught fairly quickly but I was more surprised by what the hell I was doing!

 

A shame they had to ruin that night. Though it helped me realize how much a dick my dad is.

 

He can stay gone another twenty years.

 

Though speaking of him, I might end up looking like him if I don’t get myself checked and cleared.

 

Shivering at the thought, I almost bump into the back of an alien.

 

Looks like there is a line for dinner tonight.

 

Great!

 

I better not be late for Tin Can.

 

Suddenly a hand touches my back and I yelp in surprise!

 

Whirling around, I glare at my attacker.

 

“Ugh fuck you Charlie!”

 

He laughs which makes his whiskers bounce.

 

“I couldn’t help it,” He grins. “You were asking for it with your head so far into the stars.”

 

I roll my eyes but smile. “Just a bit on my mind for today.”

 

He gives a knowing smile and offers an elbow to me. “Visitation day is it?”

 

Hooking my arm into his, I nod along. “It sure is. Are you seeing anyone today?”

 

He shakes his head. “I don’t believe so. Unless someone didn’t think to mention it to me!”

 

“No more guppies to contact on earth?” I tease with sticking out my tongue.

 

Charlie chuckles and shrugs. “I’m afraid they are too far to reach this orbit.”

 

I frown and tilt my head at him. “You’re not a human?”

 

He rolls his eyes and sighs.

 

“This happens every time. No, I'm not a human. I’m a Belifadoa! Not get that drilled into that little head of yours!”

 

I hum and nod, rather surprised.

 

“You don’t want food from your homeworld?”

 

“Eh,” He shrugs again. “I much prefer eating with company. They sadly won’t let me bring my food to our table. Also I imagine it would look very pleasant to you all while you are eating.”

 

I scoff at him. “I don’t even really eat! I’m over here sucking on smoothies from Anjak.”

 

He snorts at that and gives me a look.

 

I sigh and look away dramatically.

 

“Alright that sounded wrong but you know what I mean!”

 

He chuckles and hums in response. “Perhaps I’ll try it another day. I do miss the flavors of home. Don’t you? Surely those smoothies get old fast.”

 

All I can say to that is, “I don’t really miss being there.”

 

The only flavors that stick out about home are the most random of foods that everyone in the american sectors live in.

 

The usual pizzas, burgers, all that jazz.

 

I suppose I could be missing the Mexican food that my Mama used to make but…perhaps I’d like it from someone else.

 

Everyone makes it different so maybe a slight change wouldn’t make eating that food bring bitter memories.

 

“You sure go into space all the time,” He chuckles and helps lead me into the cafeteria.

 

I didn’t realize we were free to go in now.

 

The rest of our group is already at the table and eating.

 

Charlie and I grab our food and settle in with them.

 

“Ah, Visitation Day I take it?” Maksim says next to me.

 

I smile and nod. “Sure is. Gonna see a guy after the cafeteria closes for the day.”

 

“Lucky you,” He nudges me with his elbow. “How long do you have with him?”

 

All I can do is shrug. “No idea. All I know is I’m supposed to see him but I was not given a time.”

 

Gus frowns across from me. “That seems a bit odd doesn’t it?”

 

“What do you mean,” I ask.

 

Zee sighs and moves his pasta back and forth in his bowl.

 

“You don’t know how long you have to speak with this guy,” Gus continues. “None of us get visitation. I’ve definitely tried before. Doesn’t any of that seem a bit fishy to you?”

 

As he says all that, I feel my heart beating faster and faster.

 

“What do you mean you don’t get visitation?” I ask slowly. “Like nobody wants to come up here or it is being denied?”

 

Gus gives a tired laugh and gives a sad smile. “Both maybe? We don’t know. Nobody has ever been able to get a visitor here for as long as I’ve been here.”

 

Maksim places his hand on my shoulder. “Relax, kid.”

 

I look up at him as he says that. I try to relax but I can’t stop shaking now.

 

“Maybe this is a special case. Perhaps it is because he was in U.U.P.P. before? Any old friends of his probably put in a favor for him?”

 

I clear my throat and shake my head. “I-I don’t know. Do you really think that could work?”

 

He shrugs. “I don’t know but I’m going to tell you something.”

 

Maksim leans in a little closer. I can see my reflection in his golden patch and I can see how scared I look now.

 

“If something happens, and I mean anything bad at all,” He suddenly looks a lot bigger and scarier right now. “You tell me. I’ll take care of it.”

 

I try to respond but I end up gaping like a fish.

 

Looking at everyone else, they all have looks of determination as if they were gonna go on a murder spree if these guards plan anything sketchy.

 

“Promise me, Zaf,” Maksim says. “Promise me you’ll tell me or any one of us if they do something bad to you.”

 

I blink the annoying moisture from trying to escape.

 

“I promise.”

 

He gives a nod of approval. “Good. Now finish your smoothie.”

 

I can’t help but smile at that.

 

“Thanks dad,” I say jokingly.

 

Zee scoffs, then he stands up to leave.

 

I look at him in confusion but he makes sure not to look at me as he walks past and out the cafeteria.

 

“What’s wrong with him,” I ask.

 

Charlie gives a sad smile. “Probably a bit jealous.”

 

Shit I was worried about this.

 

I really am getting the special treatment.

 

If it really could be Tin Can behind this, then I’m really gonna give it to him.

 

After a rather awkward time with them after Zee ran off, it was time.

 

I’m led by two guards through the halls in handcuffs. It is rather far from the other cells honestly. Definitely not a part of the prison I’ve seen before.

 

I mean I haven’t seen much before but this looks different from everything else.

 

Of course the hallways mostly have giant windows looking out into space.

 

“Maybe we’re in for a beatdown.”

“Or worse.”

 

Clearing my throat, I crack my neck.

 

Just trying to get myself ready in case they really are going to try something.

 

They bring me to a door with a pad they have to type into.

 

I sneakily test the handcuffs a bit to see how strong they are and if I’d maybe be able to break them.

 

The door slides open and they nudge for me to walk in by myself.

 

I try to keep my eyes on them as I walk into the room.

 

As soon as I’m inside, the door closes behind me.

 

I look around the room.

 

A bit scared something will come out and attack me like at Cody’s evil building.

 

My eyes widen when I see my shiny.

 

He isn’t in his metal form.

 

He’s sitting across a glass window.

 

It’s exactly like the ones on earth. You can only see from their chest upwards in a small little window.

 

Slowly I sit on the chair in front of him. So surprised I’m actually seeing him here.

 

“You actually came,” I say, still stunned he’s actually like three feet across from me.

 

He gives a small smile. “Of course I did. When I got the call, I was surprised to learn you were here.”

 

I breathe out a laugh. “You and me both.”

 

Unfortunately he’s wearing a jacket over his shirt so no special view for me.

 

“Are you doing alright,” He asks, his hand reaching for the glass.

 

My eyes feel a bit watery when he asks that but I try blinking it away.

 

“Of course,” I wave it off and smile. “Doing just great here. I’m starting to run this place!”

 

Roy smiles and I swear my stomach is getting all fluttery again.

 

“I missed you,” He says. “I was hoping to see you sooner. On earth of course.”

 

I sigh and nod. “Yeah me too. I don’t know if you heard but I escaped two other prisons before but I was too scared to show up at your place. I didn’t want to get you in trouble.”

 

His eyes widen a bit at that. “I guess I shouldn’t be surprised you managed that. I wouldn’t have cared if I got in trouble. You should’ve come over.”

 

I stare down at the table in front of me. “I’m sorry I didn’t. I didn’t think it would take this long.”

 

“Hey don’t be sorry,” He says. “It’s not in your control. I’m sure I’ll be seeing you soon!”

 

I bite my lip to keep it from trembling.

 

“I-I don’t think we will,” I say, refusing to look him in the eye. “I’m supposed to be in here for life.”

 

It gets very quiet when I say that.

 

Chancing a peek, I see him staring at me with a sad expression on his face.

 

“I’m sorry,” he says quietly. “I didn’t think it was that bad.”

 

I nod and look away again.

 

Maybe this was a mistake. This feels more painful than anything.

 

I didn’t realize how there really is no choice in this ever working.

 

“I-I’m not feeling well,” I say, my voice betraying me with how shaky it is. “I feel like I’m losing myself here. I’m losing my will to keep going.”

 

“Whoa!” His voice picks up. “Are you talking about what I think you’re talking about? Zafiro you’re better than that. You can get through this. I know you can!”

 

My eyes get all blurry as tears cloud my vision.

 

“I don’t know if I can,” I whisper. “I don’t feel like trying anymore. What do I have to keep going for? I have nothing good down there. I don’t have a home anymore.”

 

He shakes his head and bangs his fist on the table on his side. “You know that’s not true. You have me. I offered my home to you. Surely you didn’t forget that!”

 

I did.

 

“Hell you even have your aunt. I don’t remember her name but surely she would’ve taken you in too.”

 

I close my eyes and shake my head. “Being down there hurts more than anything now. I lost my family down there. It’s my fault everyone died. I can’t risk making things worse!”

 

“It’s not your fault, Zafiro.” He places his hand flat on the glass. “You hear me? It was not your fault. It was Cody’s. He did all that shit down there.”

 

Now I can’t stop that stupid steam of tears from falling.

 

“We can go somewhere else,” He says. “We don’t need to stay in sector four. That is only one place. Earth is huge and we can go anywhere we want.”

 

I sigh and wipe my cheeks. “I can’t. They will always look for me and…and I’m just tired.”

 

He frowns and nods, removing his hand.

 

“Well I’m here for you,” He says. “You won’t be alone up here. I’ll try visiting as much as I can. I promise.”

 

I nod and put on a smile. “I would like that very much.”

 

“Well how have you been,” I say but end up laughing after all that whole dramatic moment.

 

He grins and tells me about how he has started a new job as a security guard.

 

U.U.P.P. said they wouldn’t mind hiring him again but after he learned how corrupt they were in sector four, he wants nothing to do with them.

 

Mama still visits him from time to time. They typically have dinner together and talk about what’s been going on at U.U.P.P.

 

Not a surprise but someone has stepped up to take over Cody’s whole force inside U.U.P.P.

 

It is as if nothing has changed on that front.

 

Even more of a reason to push my mind into not wanting to go back down there.

 

Hearing him speak was nice and calming.

 

The voices were silent as hell and listened to him.

 

When we were given a five minute warning, he drops on a bomb on me.

 

“Should we talk about our last conversation,” he asks.

 

I smirk. “Of course you would bring it up so close to the ending.”

 

He blushes and shrugs. “I’m only curious. I’ve been thinking about it practically every night since.”

 

Ugh I love when he blushes.

 

“I don’t see how it would work anymore with me stuck in here,” I say with a sigh and rest my head against the side of the little box I’m in.

 

He looks rather disappointed with that answer.

 

“Yeah I guess you’re right,” He says. “Maybe something will happen though. You never know! All I know is that after all this time thinking, I know I want you.”

 

Fuck my chest hurts now!

 

However the first bits of that make me narrow my eyes.

 

“How did you manage to get here,” I ask. “Nobody else here has been able to get visitors. One of the inmates even got mad when he learned about it. What did you do to get here.”

 

Roy shrugs. “Your mom pulled some strings to make this happen. She had gotten the message about me being asked to visit. She contacted me and asked if I really wanted to do it. I’m not stupid enough to pass on the chance to see you again. All this happened because of her.”

 

I lean back against my chair and nod. “I see. I guess I should’ve known her fingers were all over this. Do you think you can ask her if she can do it for more of the inmates here? I feel really bad about being the only one.”

 

Beeping goes off and a flash of blue goes off.

 

“Time’s up for visitation hour,” A robotic voice says. “Please back away to the walls and prepare to evacuate the room.”

 

I give a sad smile and press my hand to the glass. It’s a bit awkward with my hands cuffed together.

 

He does the same over mine.

 

“I’ll see you soon, alright?” He says with a smile. “I’ll tell Sophie your idea. I swear it!”

 

Guards come in and grab my arms to pull me out.

 

“I’ll see you,” I shout!

 

The door shuts behind me and I’m being led back to my cell.

 

That felt awfully quick.

 

I sigh and close my eyes.

 

This was definitely needed. It doesn’t fix everything but I feel a small weight off my shoulders.

 

Maybe things really will be fine.

 

At least I have something to look forward to now!

 

My face heats up a bit thinking about how he said he thinks about me every night.

 

Roy is too cute! I want to kiss him so bad but sadly that won’t be possible for who knows how long.

 

Maybe he’s right. Who knows what will happen. I might get out early somehow!

 

For now, it’s time to get something important done.

 

“Hey,” I say to one of the guards.

 

They stop moving and turn to me.

 

“I need a doctor to get a chip out of my head.”

Copyright © 2022 JujuTheDruid; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
  • Love 5
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..