Jump to content
    JujuTheDruid
  • Author
  • 3,374 Words
  • 583 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Icebox - 3. Chance of Showers

Present day

 

Zafiro

 

Music blasts in my cell.

 

No thoughts need to be in my head. Only feelings here. By feelings I mean my fists meeting the punching bag.

 

I’m not sure where the hell they managed to find one that could handle my strength but I’ll take it.

 

Got strips of my pillowcase wrapped up around my hands to save them from too much damage. I would prefer to do the least amount of damage to myself as possible. Already got too many scars.

 

Life sure was a real bitch!

 

I get the feeling I won’t be getting anymore for quite awhile.

 

In my first prison, my bunk mate was a bit of an ass but he happened to mention that when his head is feeling loud and full of bad thoughts, he would box it out on a punching bag. The man even helped me with my form!

 

At first I found him stupid and ended up having to beat him up when he tried taking up more space.

 

While he had skill, he didn’t expect my uh...not so normal strength.

 

After he was gone, I suppose I took to his little stress relief.

 

Obviously the big thing that helps is the loud music, but punching out my frustrations helps!

 

When I had first started blasting music, I wasn’t sure if they would allow me to do so.

 

I’m not that much of an idiot where I ignore bothering anyone else close to me.

 

Hell I even double checked with Jenkins if it was allowed!

 

He gave the go ahead since the closest cellmate to me is over by the entrance to the hallway. Since I’m next to the dead end, I wouldn’t be a bother.

 

So here I am, marking down another day wasting away in a cell.

 

Sure it’s on the moon, but it feels almost the same as the others. Only this one is way more fancy.

 

Also there is a sexy shark alien.

 

Plus some weird friend group. Possibly the reject table but I don’t know.

 

I sigh and rest my sweaty forehead against the punching bag.

 

So much for not thinking.

 

I grab a towel to wipe off sweat from my head and torso.

 

Happened to take my shirt off since I have more privacy than I thought before.

 

Not only does this fancy prison give what I imagine a nice hotel offers, they even give gym clothes with your preferences being respected.

 

Had I known that, I wouldn’t have joked about short as hell gym shorts.

 

Okay they aren’t that short, but I feel super exposed with the scars on my legs. I tend to keep those covered more than anything else.

 

Walking over to the holoscreen, I hold my hand over the corner and close my eyes.

 

I take in the quiet in my mind for just a bit longer.

 

Sighing, I press the button.

 

It’s almost as if the music never stopped. Only instead of notes making me want to dance, it’s a wave of voices that jumble together where it almost sounds like static on a radio.

 

Maybe there is a special request I must ask of these people.

 

Taking a new clean towel, since that’s apparently a thing I can do here, I make my way to the showers.

 

Being in these shared showers has helped in one way I suppose. I’m not so self-conscious of my scars. At least not as bad as before. I definitely don’t take my time there.

 

It is a bitch having to walk by the cafeteria though.

 

I yawn as I make my way over.

 

“Slowly ticking off our life away here.”

“No chance of escaping this time.”

“There may be a chance but for some reason we aren’t looking for it.”

 

Pursing my lips, I scratch at my neck. Anything to try and ignore their words.

 

I don’t know why things feel different here. The drive to escape is not here for some reason. Maybe things on earth aren’t as appealing to come back to.

 

What can I expect down there?

 

An empty home? Hell I don’t even have a home anymore.

 

That old building Piggy owned has died with him. All that’s left are wilting flowers on his doorstep.

 

Sure as hell don’t want to go to the father that ran out on the first chance he got.

 

Mama…I suppose things went to the point where I can no longer look at her without feeling the years of loneliness and hurt come full force.

 

Roy is definitely not an option. I care about his safety too much to get him in danger again. It was already a push when he joined in our little adventure to kill Cody.]

 

I smile thinking about Tin can.

 

He’s supposed to come over tomorrow! If they managed to find him. I would think it would be easy since he worked for them before. I wonder what he’s up to right now.

 

Since it has been awhile, I would imagine he’s got a new job now. Maybe? He’s probably rich to be honest.

 

Bet he’s running on that treadmill of his right now. Making those pecs bounce up and down.

 

I laugh quietly to myself and turn into the showers.

 

There is a locker room just before the actual showers. I open one up and place my clean clothes in there. I also start stripping and throw the dirty clothes in there as well. It even has a section specifically for dirty clothes!

 

A low whistle goes off behind me, followed by a, “Why hello there, Zaf.”

 

Glancing behind me, I roll my eyes when I see it’s Zee.

 

“Hey Zee,” I say. “You can look but don’t touch. That’s where we’ll have problems.”

 

Turning back to my locker, I close it and press my palm against it until it locks up.

 

“Don’t mind if I do!”

 

I smirk and chuckle at him. “You really need to find someone to play with.”

 

He’s also getting naked and tossing his stuff in his own locker.

 

“Shit I know I do! Was hoping that big peach of yours would be the one to do it.”

 

I scoff at his words. “You’d have to do more than comment on my ass to get it!”

 

As I say it, I can’t exactly stop myself from taking him in. I mean he’s naked a few feet behind me. I can’t exactly not look!

 

He’s not exactly ripped but he’s definitely big. Taller than me, which I always love. His pretty rainbow shimmers trail along his hips and thighs. Not to mention his dick. His dick has a rainbow shimmer on it.

 

Honestly I have to stop myself from laughing at the dick shimmer.

 

The only thing stopping me is the sheer size of that thing.

 

“Yeah fuck you ever using that on me,” I say, shaking my head and moving to the showers. “Better not be a grower!”

 

I hear him laugh behind me.

 

It’s fairly empty here. Only two other people but it looks like they are about to head out.

 

Slipping into a stall, I press a button and I’m instantly welcomed to a hot shower.

 

I sigh in relief, feeling any aches washing away like it’s nothing.

 

“Damn you look good wet.”

 

Looking over my shoulder, I see Zee watching me at the stall entrance.

 

Sadly no doors for them here.

 

I smirk and turn away, moving my hips slightly to tease.

 

“A shame you can’t do anything about it yet,” I say with a smile.

 

He chuckles and gets into the stall next to me.

 

“Oh I’m definitely going to get that one day. Just you wait!”

 

Shaking my head with a smile, I grab the shampoo to start getting washed.

 

We don’t really talk much. Just small comments on what might be available at lunch today. If everyone in the group wants to meetup to do something.

 

Not really much to do unfortunately.

 

The most everyone does is group up in Maksim’s cell.

 

He’s the only other cell I’ve been to. It isn’t like mine however. His is more like everyone else's.

 

When I had asked Zee about the different cells, he joked saying I was the prison favorite.

 

That kinda spooked me for a bit until he started laughing.

 

“Nah I’ve got the same as you,” He says flashing that handsome smile. “My guess is that they want the more different cases in those.”

 

I frown in confusion.

 

Having finished up washing myself, I rest my arms on the divider between us as we talk.

 

“Yeah, the ones who look different physically tend to get those cells. Not entirely sure why with you, but I’m guessing you have some augments they thought were more dangerous.”

 

I narrow my eyes at that. “I don’t have any though. I was forced an augment to grow wings but nothing else. Those were cut off of me.”

 

Zee’s eyebrows shoot up at that. “Really? Never heard of that before. Why’d they do that?”

 

I shrug, leaning my head on my arms.

 

My back aches thinking about those wings.

 

I swear the scars start burning a bit talking about them.

 

“I guess I offended the wrong guy,” I say staring into the wall across from us.

 

He hums in thought and leans close to me to catch my eye.

 

“He sounds like a dick. If anyone here tries anything, just know I’ll be here for you.”

 

Zee says all that with a soft smile that makes my chest feel all fluttery.

 

Swallowing the lump in my throat, I turn my gaze elsewhere.

 

“Thanks,” I say, pursing my lips. “What is your augment anyways?”

 

He huffs a small laugh. “It’s uh, weird.”

 

After turning his shower off, he looks around to make sure nobody is in here with us.

 

The others left a while ago I think.

 

Zee raises his hand and a shimmering light appears.

 

As he does so, the rainbow shimmer on his skin glows faintly.

 

The lights overhead go out as the ball grows and floats up into the air.

 

My jaw drops as it floats around us, changing into soft colors. Blues, reds, orange.

 

It doesn’t hurt my eyes to look at it. If anything, it makes things feel calmer here. Like some kind of nightlight to keep kids not so scared of the dark.

 

Honestly my eyes can’t seem to tear away from it. When I do however, I see Zee watching me.

 

His face is really close to me.

 

For some reason I don’t want to pull away.

 

He leans in a little closer.

 

I find myself doing the same.

 

His lips are about to touch mine but I stop it from happening.

 

I pull away and feel guilt taking over.

 

“I’m sorry,” I say. “I-I can’t. I have someone waiting for me.”

 

He sighs and leans back. The balls of light disappearing and the lightbulbs turning back on.

 

“Thought so,” He frowns. “Wasn’t too sure if that’s what was happening here.”

 

I wasn’t sure what to say about that.

 

It’s an awkward hurry to get out of the shower and into some clean clothes.

 

Right now I feel bad, not necessarily for Zee because well…only just met him. I feel guilty for being up here thirsting over aliens, and the first nice guy I've met in a long time.

 

Didn’t I promise I would stay with Tin can? Why am I letting these things get to me? I want to be with him. Not some random person I barely even know.

 

I suppose I barely knew Tin Can but we definitely had a bond there.

 

I don’t know. Maybe after I see him on wednesday, we can talk it out? See if that is where we want this to go.

 

We aren’t together. That much I know, but the way things were left off.

 

I sigh as I walk out of the showers and head back to my cell.

 

“Hey,” A voice calls behind me.

 

It’s Zee.

 

He’s sticking his head out with a grin. Still no shirt on. “Nothing's been ruined between us! Just know I’ll be fighting for you!”

 

I smile and roll my eyes before turning to keep moving.

 

What a dork.

 

“A very cute dork!”

“Suck his dick!!”

“We’re in here for life! Might as well go for the cutie in here with us!”

 

Hearing those voices actually makes me a little mad.

 

“And here I thought you were all over Tin Can,” I say to them. “Make up your fucking minds.”

 

An officer raises an eyebrow at me as he walks by.

 

I cringe a bit at how insane I must’ve looked.

 

Talking of Tin Can brings back the guilty feelings.

 

I really need to talk to him about this.

 

Maybe I really should start thinking of escaping again.

 

Tossing all the dirty clothes into a basket near the entrance to my cell, I make my way to the bed and put on the news in sector four.

 

After that day I killed Cody, they don’t really show any more operations for the public.

 

Now it’s mostly dumb stuff happening down there.

 

Obviously a lot of crime goes under the radar there, but damn the rich never has anything going on. They mostly gush about how earth overall is doing or ‘good news’ that obviously only benefits them.

 

I suppose learning that U.U.P.P. isn’t fully in charge of things makes it all seem so fake to me now.

 

For all I know, another gang could be in charge of this prison.

 

Probably why we have so much nice shit up here.

 

Imagine if all the poor people knew that if they want to have a nice home with plenty of food and activities, they just have to go to prison on the moon!

 

Fucking stupid.

 

I hate it here. It makes me feel dirty.

 

Everything is making me feel dirty.

 

Living here and now feeling like I’m cheating on Tin Can and I’m not even with that big soda can.

 

I sigh and fall back against the bed.

 

Now I’m not sure what to do.

 

I’m tired mentally. The drive to try and escape isn’t there anymore. I no longer want to go back down there.

 

Is that sad?

 

Should I be pushing myself to go down there?

 

I’m not sure.

 

Rubbing my eyes, I lay there staring at the ceiling.

 

The static is getting louder inside my head. Several voices trying to stand out over the others.

 

“...mama…”

 

As the voices fill up my head, it feels like bright pretty colors are starting to explode on the ceiling.

 

It looks as if someone has decided to draw or paint on the ceiling.

 

They almost glow neon as they come to life.

 

“Maybe eating meat isn’t all that evil?”

“Is there a reason we have to cut our hair anymore?”

“Ama must be keeping our old bike safe. Or wait wasn’t it destroyed?”

“Arturo is a piece of shit!”

“It’s weird we saw Zee’s massive piece before we saw Roy’s.”

“We miss swinging from building to building!”

“Will we ever be able to speak to cats?”

“Tin Can had some big ol’ tits!”

“Mama didn’t abandon us. Why are we still angry at her?”

“God we hate eating food.”

“Perhaps Arturo isn’t actually our dad. Maybe mama was a hoe.”

“So much for being there when it’s time for Laneer and Yinx to die.”

“Do we have daddy issues?”

“Are we depressed?”

“We really treat the color blue like it’s a whole ass personality trait.”

“Do we have mommy issues?”

“Feathers makes us ache now.”

“Shouldn’t we be doing something right now? It feels like we should be doing something right now.”

“Cody is dead right? Super dead?”

“Piggy would know what to do…maybe.”

“It is so boring in here!”

“WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!”

“God I hate that voice. Please…SHUT UP!”

“We wonder if Mekaias ever thinks about us still.”

“Holy shit we forgot about that catboy!”

“Yeah! He’s out there getting his back blown out by that giant pebble!”

“Damn no wonder we haven’t seen them in forever. He’s probably dead!”

 

I groan and stand up to turn on the music again.

 

As soon as it does, the voices all disappear.

 

Laying down again, I give a sigh of relief and close my eyes.

 

No thoughts. Only the music.

 

I jump when a knock comes from my right.

 

It’s Gus.

 

He pokes down the hall and mouths out ‘Dinner time.’

 

I nod to him and turn off the music to get going.

 

Thankfully the voices do immediately blast back full force when the music goes away. They are definitely still there, just quieter and seeming to wait for when they next can take over my mind.

 

Gus and his glowing legs have already walked off.

 

Sitting on the bed, I hug my legs to my chest.

 

So maybe it was a little different this time. The weird colors and pictures coming in was new.

 

Biting my lip, I clench my hands into fists when I realize they are shaking.

 

What he fuck is happening to me?

 

I just…need to pull it together.

 

Maybe all I need is a familiar face to get me grounded again. That visit from Roy is going to be all I need to get through this.

 

Hopefully I’ll be able to touch him.

 

I want a hug…or something.

 

Quickly wiping my eyes, I make my way to the cafeteria.

 

Zee of course makes room for me with a smile.

 

It slips away when he looks at my face.

 

“You doing alright,” He asks. “Something happen?”

 

I shake my head and mask myself with a smile. “Just a bit tired. I’ll be fine! I am starving however.”

 

He doesn’t look as though he believes it, but he doesn’t push on it.

 

Maksim slips a tray over to me. On it, there is a cupcake with a burning candle.

 

“Happy birthday!” He smiles.

 

I frown at the cupcake.

 

Has it really been that long? I didn’t realize it was my birthday. I didn’t even realize we were so close to the year ending!

 

I could have swore it's only been about two months after I last spoke to Tin Can! Have I really lost track of time that much? It wasn't even snowing when I was with Arturo at that nightclub! December can't possibly be here right now!

 

“Uh,” I clear my throat. “Thank you. Twenty one and stuck in prison. Really..." I sigh, "living the life.”

 

The older men in the group chuckle but Zee wraps an arm around me, bringing me in close for a hug.

 

I’m not sure why, or how I had it in me, but I started crying against him. He held me tight, even going so far as to embrace me fully and rubbing my back. That only made things worst and the small tears turned into sobs!

 

Maybe things aren’t good right now. Not only on earth but everywhere.

 

I’m…I’m not feeling good at all.

Copyright © 2022 JujuTheDruid; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..