Jump to content
    JujuTheDruid
  • Author
  • 4,295 Words
  • 421 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Icebox - 11. Moon Squad Tryouts

:heart:- Sexual Content in this Chapter -:heart:

Zafiro

 

I fall out of bed gasping for air!

 

I grab my blanket, pulling it further off the bed and smush it against my face.

 

I breathe hard into it.

 

All I hear is my heartbeat pounding while the voices whisper in the darkness of my cell.

 

“All your fault.”

“They are gone because of you!”

“Everyone could still be alive if you hadn’t fought back!”

“Everything is your fault.”

“Being here is your fault.”

“Roy moving on is your fault.”

 

My body won’t move.

 

My chest hurts and my head is ringing.

 

It’s dark in here but I see those scary hues of red in my vision.

 

Just breathe.

 

Just breathe and make it all stop.

 

“That isn’t going to fix what’s wrong with you!”

“Nothing will change.”

 

I shake my head and grit my teeth.

 

“Shut up,” I whisper.

 

As the voices laugh louder, the ringing in my head does as well.

 

“He’s so scared!”

“Face your fears!”

“He would never.”

“All he does is run away.”

 

Tears fall and I hiss for them to shut up again.

 

I throw the blanket away from me and grip onto my hair, borderline pulling on it to bring some kind of pain to make the ringing go away. Anything to make me ignore it!

 

“You haven’t even done the ultimate way of escaping!”

“Yeah but he’s too scared to do that too.”

“The coward.”

“He should get it over with.”

 

“SHUT UP,” I scream!

 

The lights flicker on in my cell and the voices slowly go silent.

 

The red is there for a moment but then everyone turns back to normal.

 

Why is this happening to me?

 

I wipe my face from the tears and crawl towards where my blanket flew.

 

Grabbing it, I wrap it around myself and curl up on the floor.

 

I sniff and stare off at the bed.

 

I’m too scared to go back to sleep in it again.

 

Dreams of how Piggy and Vero died kept playing over and over.

 

I squeeze my blanket tighter around me.

 

Nope.

 

Must not give in!

 

I push myself up and smack my face to wake myself up more.

 

Wiping my sweaty brow, I go over to stand in front of the punching bag.

 

Getting into a stance, I start swinging.

 

I don’t even set up a strategy.

 

I punch as hard as I can until my arms are too tired to keep going.

 

The voices make fun of me all the while.

 

At least I think.

 

It becomes a storm of words that mix together until you can’t understand a single thing.

 

A few constantly bring up Tin Can.

 

I can hear that every now and then.

 

That only makes me more mad.

 

Why the fuck would I tell him to move on?

 

Another punch.

 

I mean I thought I wanted him? Don’t I? Do I still want him?

 

And another.

 

Am I really supposed to just move on now? I still have these weird as hell feelings towards him now as if I was talking to him the other day!

 

And again.

 

Fucking asshole actually listened to me and got a new man.

 

As I punch once more, the frame holding the punching bag, cracks and almost tears off the wall.

 

My eyes widen when I see that and step back in surprise.

 

Even the voices went quiet in shock!

 

I shake my hand since it stings quite a bit right now.

 

I, uh…need a new punching bag I guess.

 

“Fuck,” I sigh and sit down against the wall and sniff.

 

Already tears are wanting to fall again.

 

For what? For breaking that thing? For a guy who was stupid enough to listen to my dumb ass?

 

I guess so.

 

I’m pissed I’m stuck in here. I’m pissed I wasn’t actually speaking to him, and I’m pissed that he had the nerve to move on.

 

I mean I get it.

 

Being in here for so long sucks and we couldn’t do anything together, but god…now that I lost my choice on whether or not I want to keep going steady, I know I really want him.

 

The universe decided to say fuck you and keep that from happening.

 

“It's all your fault for being here.”

“Imagine what life could’ve been like if you didn’t ruin everything around you!”

 

“I know,” I whisper.

 

“All these branches where your life would be nice and sweet with a guy like that.”

“All gone. All burned and never to come up again.”

 

“I know it is! Please, just…stop reminding me!”

 

“Someone has to. The more you run, the more damage you do.”

 

Shivering, I wipe sweat from my brow and stand.

 

Everything is becoming too much again.

 

This whole blowup of how fucked things are here is old news and now I’m back to feeling like shit.

 

Or more shit I guess.

 

I need a shower or something.

 

I feel gross and sweaty.

 

My face is all wet from sweat and tears and it’s annoying.

 

I grab a new uniform and a towel.

 

“Running once again.”

 

I clench my jaw and try to ignore them, like I always do.

 

~~~

 

Officer Henson

 

I suppose I shouldn’t be shocked but I am.

 

Since nobody in this place likes to do their job, especially when everyone is supposed to be sleeping, I take it upon myself to see it done.

 

I patrol the hallways and make sure nobody is doing anything stupid and that everyone is alive.

 

What I usually do is set a path for me to walk that always checks on those inmates that have attempted to take their own life.

 

So far things have been good.

 

Honestly the most I see are those who don’t or can’t sleep. Those tend to keep in their cells and watch movies on their holoscreens.

 

The other problem is the showers.

 

Because it used to be a free for all at this time, there are some who sneak into the showers to have their little ‘sessions’.

 

I get it.

 

It gets lonely up here and they need a time and place to release that tension.

 

What was so shocking this morning was that I didn’t expect to find Zafiro in that situation.

 

I was simply checking in to make sure there wasn’t any trouble.

 

I only ever take a small peek.

 

Unfortunately, I recognized him immediately.

 

He was with three other men. One underneath him and holding him up with his back to the man’s chest and his feet perched on the man’s thighs, another man standing over and using his mouth, and the last at his side being jerked off.

 

The fact I saw it all in such detail will scar me for life.

 

Now I know he isn’t an actual kid, but it was quite the shock to see him like that.

 

At first I thought this was a rape happening, but he clearly was enjoying it.

 

After seeing that everything wasn’t in danger, I left.

 

My eyes will never recover.

 

Seeing him almost as like a son made that entire scene both bizarre and disgusting.

 

Now I don’t care how anyone wants to live their life. I am simply shocked that this is a life he lives. He never came across as someone so…open.

 

I thought he wanted a boyfriend!

 

I suppose he has moved on quickly.

 

~~~

 

It is the start of our new training sessions.

 

This time we will be concentrating on their abilities.

 

The purpose of this squadron was to use those after all.

 

Unfortunately, this will also be what tells us if some people need to be kicked off the team.

 

If they don’t prove they can be useful, they have to get the boot.

 

I already have a few in mind but who knows. They might be like Zafiro and look harmless on the outside.

 

Of course, I already have some who will be going through even if they don’t do so well.

 

Anjak, Charlie, Zafiro, and Dinoyo, a human who can transform almost like a werewolf. Though he grows more scales than fur. He even sprouts out a scorpion tail!

 

Zee might be another based on his file. He took part in breaking into several buildings for Maksim.

 

It will be interesting to see how he did that.

 

That little group would be good together since they already get along.

 

Charlie, Zafiro, Zee, and Gus.

 

Gus I’m not so sure about sadly. He surrendered himself after accidentally setting his property on fire, almost burning an entire forest.

 

Not sure how he did it with those legs of his.

 

It’ll be an interesting day for sure.

 

This almost feels like tryouts.

 

Well I suppose it is actually.

 

We will have to be a bit slow with picking since there aren’t many officers on the staff.

 

My hope is that nobody feels bad or overshadowed by the ones who outperform. Everyone has a fair chance at this.

 

Mostly.

 

I mean there are clear winners here.

 

Perhaps my one problem is if I really want to let Zafiro on the team.


Sure he is going back and forth, but it could be down to me to keep this kid with problems from heading into danger.

 

He did beg me though.

 

We’ll see.

 

Eventually, the time comes where everyone needs to come in.

 

Most are on time besides a few.

 

Of course the last one to show up is Zafiro.

 

After everyone settles in, I start it all off.

 

“Today we’re going to see if your abilities will prove useful in these missions,” I say. “Some of you may not stay with us after today, but know that there may be other uses for you elsewhere.”

 

There are a few who complain immediately.

 

Some even stand up and leave.

 

“If you’re done whining, we can begin the assessments,” I say firmly. “Anjak you’ll go first.”

 

He stands to move into a giant box we brought into the prison last night.

 

It will simulate a session that can be close or similar to missions in the future.

 

As Anjak steps in, I notice that Zafiro is staring at the ground with a blank face. He uses the tip of his shoe to trace images on the ground.

 

I frown at him but turn back to the task at hand.

 

An image comes up on the side of the box for us to observe the simulation.

 

Anjak stands surrounded by a group of men in combat gear.

 

I chose this one for him since I was thinking he’d be helpful for situations where someone his size would be useful.

 

Anjak grins, showing off his sharp teeth and his muscles bulge out even more as he prepares to fight.

 

A metal bar hits Anjak’s back and he barely even flinches.

 

He chuckles before he swings at the attacker.

 

Anjak practically breaks the man’s arm before turning to attack everyone else.

 

His fists break through helmets and his tail swipes behind him, knocking everyone else to their feet.

 

He makes quick work of the men before the simulation is over.

 

There will be more different simulations in the future, but this is all we’re doing for him now.

 

I’m definitely interested in his underwater fighting that his race is famous for.

 

Zafiro still looks like he’s off in another world.

 

Zee has his arm wrapped around him.

 

I narrow my eyes.

 

What is going on with him?

 

Next up is Charlie.

 

~~~

 

Zafiro

 

I tried distracting myself by doing something I never do today.

 

It didn’t work.

 

You know, I didn’t really feel anything from that.

 

You’d think getting gangbanged would fucking keep your mind from feeling like shit but nope!

 

I suppose it felt good, but not the way I wanted it to feel good.

 

Might need to try again.

 

Unfortunately I still feel like shit and hate myself. I didn't help me get over Tin Can at all. I still have those stupid feelings for him.

 

The asshole!

 

“Heard about your little show in the showers this morning,” Zee chuckles next to me.

 

I shrug. “Figures you'd hear about that. Yeah, it was alright.”

 

He snorts. “You get fucked by three guys and it was ‘alright’? Next time let know you do something like that.”

 

I frown and look at him. “I thought you didn’t want to do that anymore. You didn’t want your feelings to get hurt.”

 

He waves it off. “I’d still smash though! You still have the best ass in this prison.”

 

I roll my eyes and smile softly. “You’re a dick.”

 

He laughs and wraps an arm around me. “You feeling alright though? You’re not looking too good.”

 

I sigh and lean my head on his shoulder. “I don’t know.”

 

He frowns down at me.

 

“This morning wasn’t great,” I say. “I wasn’t in a good headspace and it didn’t get better.”

 

A few people cheer as Charlie steps out of the box.

 

“You can come over to my cell after if you want,” Zee says.

 

I roll my eyes. “I’m not exactly in the mood for more sex.”

 

Zee smirks and shakes his head. “I meant for company to hangout or cuddle. Not fucking around.”

 

Hearing him say the word cuddle made me smile.

 

“We’ll see,” I say.

 

Zee gets called up to the box.

 

I actually pay attention since I am curious how his glowing balls could be useful.

 

Charlie was in the same situation as Anjak. I guess some test of strength thing.

 

This time Zee is standing in front of a door that had been welded shut.

 

His skin shimmers and a ball appears in front of the door.

 

The ball splits itself in two and burns brighter as it presses into the sides of the door. It melts through the metal and begins to trace around the edges of the door.

 

So Zee can make those balls into deadly fireballs.

 

Got it.

 

This feels strange.

 

It almost feels like a talent show.

 

Having to show off to everyone feels stupid.

 

The door falls backwards and reveals two guys standing on the other side with guns.

 

They open fire on Zee.

 

Zee quickly makes another ball of light in front of him.

 

The gunshots hit the ball of light and do not go through it. The ball seems to grow as more bullets hit the ball.

 

Zee pushes the ball forward and it burns through the bodies, creating a large half circle on the sides of their bodies.

 

Holy shit!

 

I’d say Zee is the closest to being like that Alentian.

 

I’m surprised that the box can do so much.

 

It’s a giant black cube but it looks like people are running across the entire floor here.

 

Zee walks out after killing the fake guys.

 

He also gets cheers from the crowd.

 

“Alright everyone, settle down,” Henson says in a firm voice. “Let’s try to bring the casualties down, got it?”

 

A few nods and murmurs of approval.

 

Next is Gus, another I feel calls my attention.

 

I have no idea what he does honestly.

 

Maybe he told me before but sadly the memory is lost to me.

 

Gus stands inside a group of people in U.U.P.P. uniforms.

 

They are standing in front of another group of baddies hiding behind cover.

 

I frown as Gus’ group suddenly is pinned down by a sniper.

 

I watch him shrug off the top of his jumpsuit.

 

The same glowing light from his legs travels up his body and moves his hands.

 

His hands shine bright, making the sniper unable to find their mark.

 

Gus points one of his other hands towards the group behind cover.

 

His team runs in now that the enemy is blinded.

 

So Gus is some kind of spotlight?

 

I’m not too sure how that’s useful honestly.

 

Unfortunately, things do not work out.

 

The sniper has moved and opens fire on the group.

 

Red lights flash in the simulation and it comes to an end.

 

Gus walks out of the box.

 

“It’s alright,” Henson says. “I’ll give you another chance since I know your potential.”

 

Gus doesn’t look very happy hearing that, which is a rare sight.

 

He doesn’t even sit back down with us.

 

He leaves the room.

 

I frown and watch him go.

 

At least he gets another chance right?

 

I sigh and stare at the chair in front of me.

 

At least today isn’t only shitty to me I guess.

 

Still bums me out that Gus didn’t do well.

 

Or maybe it shouldn’t?

 

He’s like Tin Can. Too sweet to go into danger like that.

 

I suppose Henson did say no casualties.

 

I don’t know.

 

Everything feels weird today.

 

Not weird how I felt-...well I suppose it wasn’t my first day. Not like when I thought I first got here a few weeks ago.

 

“Zafiro, you’re up,” Officer Henson calls.

 

A few of the others look at me as he says that.

 

Some look at me as if they wanna tell me how sorry they are for me.

 

Others look unimpressed.

 

I get it.

 

Smallest of the group who looks normal.

 

I’m not sure what Henson wants me to do.

 

I don’t exactly have any flashy abilities like Zee or I suppose Gus.

 

Definitely won’t be as impressive as Anjak or Charlie.

 

I’m not exactly a good fighter.

 

I walk up to the door of the box.

 

Henson stops me.

 

In his hands, he holds two fake styrofoam pistols and a plastic pipe.

 

I look up at him in confusion.

 

He nods for me to head in. “Just treat this like you’re on Earth again. As if you’re on one of your heists. You’ll do fine!”

 

He nudges me in and the door closes behind me.

 

I frown as I sit in the darkness.

 

Is he going to make me steal something?

 

Well that’s easy.

 

I thought he was going to make me fight some group of assholes but I guess not.

 

Lights slowly appear and suddenly I am standing on the roof of a building.

 

I’m in my old outfit! Well the last version of the body suit where my shoulders and arms were free.

 

The weirdest thing is that I’m even wearing my mama’s old biker jacket. It even has the same exact scratches on it!

 

The length is the same too where the arms only reach the elbows and the bottom of the jacket only reaches the middle of my stomach!

 

How the fuck did they do this?

 

The fake guns have turned into my old ones. I even have my metal baton again!

 

Holy shit this is trippy!

 

I walk over to the edge of the rooftop.

 

The wind brushes through my hair and I even have that fresh air smell! Not the fake air on the moon.

 

This is one fancy box.

 

A woman’s voice speaks up.

 

“You will need to break into the top floor, break into a locked box under the desk, and then take on a group of men who wish to kill you.”

 

At first I thought it was from inside my head but I think it was from the box.

 

I look around me, checking for any easy way down.

 

For some reason this rooftop doesn’t have a door to go down into the building.

 

Most on Earth do at this point.

 

Checking my gloves, I see that my grapple hooks are there as well.

 

God this is weird.

 

Time to test those out.

 

It fires into the roof and I pull on it to see if it can hold any weight.

 

I wasn’t sure if this would be fake.

 

Surprisingly, it does work.

 

Shrugging to myself, I move to stand on the edge of the building. I adjust my goggles over my eyes and slip over the side.

 

I move down slowly, upside down.

 

I want to get a peek into the room in case anything or anyone else is in there.

It is an empty office room.

 

As the voice said, there is a silver box underneath the desk.

 

Fixing myself to be right-side up, I extend one of the claws on my gloves.

 

I trace a large circle so that I can slip inside.

 

Pushing the circle in, it sticks to the pads of my glove to keep it from crashing into the ground.

 

I make sure it is placed carefully on the carpet and then slip inside.

 

“This feels good again!”

 

Yeah…yeah it really does.

 

I purse my lips and get on my knees to check out the lockbox.

 

It’s one of those combination locks.

 

Well this is easy as hell!

 

Extending two claws, I bring them to the bar keeping it closed and snip it off like scissors.

 

Opening the box, I find a piece of paper.

 

On it it says ‘Congratulations!’

 

I roll my eyes and toss it on the ground.

 

The door bursts open and three men run in.

 

Normally I would run out, but I feel like I’m not supposed to?

 

My entrance normally wouldn’t trigger any alarms.

 

I pull out my guns and fire.

 

A blue light fires from my gun and hits one of them square in the head.

 

I frown but quickly dodge out of the way when the other two open fire.

 

I fire again before they can turn to face me. They are much too slow.

 

I hit another in the back and he falls to his knees.

 

I fire again into the back of his head and he’s knocked out.

 

All these blue bullets are so weird! Why the fuck is my gun shooting weird stuff? It’s supposed to have real bullets!

 

My annoyance with my gun allows the third to take his chance.

 

He shoots my gun out of my hands and tries to shoot me again.

 

I quickly dodge and pull out my baton before tackling him to the ground.

 

Keeping him pinned with one knee on his chest, I swing my baton down and smash it into his face.

 

His helmet comes off and he growls at me.

 

I swing again and again.

 

With each swing, I see strange blue sparks coming out of him!

 

I pause in surprise.

 

He’s a regular human but this is weird!

 

I swing again and it creats more sparks.

 

It’s so pretty!

 

I swing again and again.

 

And again.

 

And again.

 

So many sparks come out, each time they fly out further and further!

 

Holy crap this is fun!

 

I keep swinging, making what looks like a pretty firework show!

 

Suddenly everything disappears and I’m sitting in darkness.

 

Dammit!

 

The door to the box opens and Henson pulls me out.

 

I shield my eyes from the bright lights and blink to get used to it.

 

Everyone is staring at me in shock.

 

Why?

 

Even Zee and Charlie look scared.

 

Henson grabs the fake props from me.

 

Sadly I’m back in my gym clothes.

 

“Uh,” Henson coughs. “Let’s end this for today. The rest can finish tomorrow. We’ll try and get more boxes so it won’t be one at a time.”

 

I frown and end up having to go back to my cell.

 

I’m not sure why everyone is acting so weird.

 

~~~

 

Officer Henson

 

Well this was a huge fucking mistake.

 

Now everyone is going to be scared of Zafiro.

 

Sure it was a fake person, but watching Zafiro go crazy and turn the fake man's face into a bloody pulp was terrifying to say the least.

 

So much blood was splattered everywhere!

 

I’ll add that to the list of things that’ll scar me for life.

 

Seeing this kid with blood on his face all while smiling is going to stick with me for a while.

Copyright © 2022 JujuTheDruid; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Wow 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Was the box not showing Zafiro what the others were seeing? He was seeing blue sparks, and the others were seeing red blood?   Or was it his augmentation showing him something different.   Those voices are really annoying him too. Hopefully they can get something to get that fixed soon.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 1/29/2023 at 9:21 PM, VBlew said:

Was the box not showing Zafiro what the others were seeing? He was seeing blue sparks, and the others were seeing red blood?   Or was it his augmentation showing him something different.   Those voices are really annoying him too. Hopefully they can get something to get that fixed soon.

definitely the augmentation there :o

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..