Jump to content
    keyisfake
  • Author
  • 2,618 Words
  • 1,494 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Lost - Two Timer series - 11. Chapter 11

Devin goes shopping.
Patrick puts his guard down with Devin.

Devin woke early to go shopping for his lunch with Patrick. Unsure what to serve to a Valdez he splurged for two T-Bone steaks, picking a side dish and a bottle of wine.

Not sure why he wanted to impress the man. Patrick made it obvious he was in love with someone else. But something about him Devin wanted to know better. If he won Patrick’s friendship maybe something more would bloom.

The long line in the supermarket seemed at a standstill. He checked his cell and found a message from Gio asking for him to come over to the club.

Devin checked the time and figure he had enough to go before lunch through text he makes it clear to Gio he couldn’t stay. Gio agreed with a smiling emoji winking at him. This caused a ping of guilt to tap at his heart. His pursuit for Patrick would not go well if Gio ever found out. Devin didn’t want to hurt him he had feelings for Gio they always had fun together, but he wasn’t ready to settle down with one man.

************

Adam rose without waking Patrick, kissing his warm cheek he left a note before leaving. Patrick aroused wondering where Adam was finding the folded paper on his lover’s pillow. “Have a great day babe I’ll call you later. Your man Adam.”

Patrick placed the note on his night stand slipped on his bathrobe and left the room going to the guest bedroom where he located Anton’s carpet bag in the closet. He found the journal under one of his tops.

With a book in hand he carried it to the kitchen to find breakfast he smelled the aroma of brewing coffee. He poured a cup and retired to the living room. His appetite gone he relaxed on the sofa placing his cup on the table. He skimmed through the diary reading passages.

Tina talked of her visits to the orphanage to see Devin. She spoke about them having tea together, then walking on the grounds talking of their future. She implored Devin’s patience’s while she saved money, that they would be together soon. He wondered if that was how Devin remembered her visits.

Tina said all the right things except for fulfilling Devin’s wish of being a family. Patrick knew Devin had to read the diary to compare what Tina saw to what happened to him. He had to convince him that Anton and Troy unaware and would give anything to prove their love to him.

Patrick ran upstairs to get ready for his lunch with Devin.

**************

Devin arrived at Blackheart club as promised with two bags of groceries. His hands were full, so he kicked at the door until someone answered. When the door opened, Sam greeted him.

“Hey,” Devin said, expecting to pass as always but Sam stepped into his path.

“How do I know it’s really you?”

“What?”

“For all I know you could be that impostor from the other night.”

“Well, I could leave you to deal with Gio’s wrath.”

Sam thought over and shuttered at the thought of facing a pissed off Sergio. But he needed to be sure.

“Show me you ID,” Sam said.

“So, now because you got fooled by some lookalike, who by the why had the wrong color hair and eyes I have to show my ID whenever I come over?”

“It’s a precaution.”

“Fine.” Devin placed his bags on the ground and pulled out his wallet giving the man what he requested.

Sam stared at the card as if he would find fault with the plastic. Devin got annoyed with the scrutiny as he pulled out his cell.

“Who are you calling?” Sam asked.

“Gio, I figure he should be in on this.” Devin pressed Gio’s speed dial number. Gio answered on the first ring.

“Tell me you’re still coming Devin?” Gio said, sounding tensed.

“I’m out front, getting carded.”

“Just a moment.” Was all Gio said as the line went dead.

Sam’s cell phone rang. Devin stared back as the man answered.

“Hello?” Sam answered knowing who it was.

Silence as Sam agreed and apologized when he put his phone away and handed Devin back his ID, grabbed his bags, and held the door opened for him to enter.

Devin approached Sam and took his bags back with an apologetic look.

“Sorry Sam I’ll smooth it with Gio, it’s just I’m in a hurry today.”

“Yeah, sorry.”

“Thanks for keeping Gio safe. I promise he won’t reprimand you.”

“Thanks,” Sam said, reassured. “You’re a nicer guy than that other one.”

“Glad to hear,” Devin said. He ventured to Gio’s office where he found him waiting in the room's middle. Devin placed his bags down close to the door approaching him. Gio wore another of his handmade suits he wore his hair down on his shoulders that covered part of his face.

“You were shopping for groceries when I called you?” Sergio said.

“Yeah, I was out of some things.”

“I see, well I won’t keep you.” He pulled out an envelope and giving it to Devin. He shifted it in hands not opening. “It’s all there, as promised.”

“Gio, you’ve done so often for me,” Devin said, his guilt clawing at him again.

Sergio caught the tension in Devin’s face as he reached out running his fingers across his cheek. Devin turned his head and kissed Sergio’s hand as he broke down crying.

“Devin,” Sergio said, pulling him into a hug. “Don’t cry.”

“I’m sorry,” Devin said, collecting himself. Once parted Devin wiped his eyes. “It’s just I have a job now and…”

“I want to do this for you,” Sergio replied. “As long as I have the means I will always take care of you. Even when you leave me, I will always be here for you.”

Devin stared at him in shock wondering if he suspects. He lunged into his arms again.

“No, never, never.”

Sergio took pleasure in his response.

“Devin,” Sergio said, pushing him back to look at him. “I wish you would stop doubting my intentions.”

“I will, I promise.”

“Good, then no more tears.”

“You know Gio, I have time if you want to fool around. I love your hair.”

“As often as your offer tingles me to say yes I must decline. I have the bills to pay and staff to reprimand.”

“Go easy on Sam, he was just keeping you safe. I should have never called you.”

“I was referring to my performers.”

“Oh, yeah you should keep them in line.”

“Well, I wish this was an intimate visit, but I need to get back to work.”

Devin leaned in and embraced Sergio’s lips. He ran his hands through the silken black hair that matched his own before stepping away.

“That’s just because,” Devin said.

“I’ll see you soon?”

“Yes.”

Devin left saying goodbye to Sam and headed home.

************

After an hour Devin returned home finding Patrick sitting on the floor by his door staring at his phone with a saddle bag on his shoulder.

“Patrick, how did you get inside?”

“The landlady let me in after she recognized I was a Valdez,” he said standing.

“Great, grab one of these bags I’ll get the door opened.” Devin said.

Patrick complied and followed Devin inside. The studio apartment was spacious, not as big as Adam’s over his business but comfortable for one person. A tiny kitchen with a small place to eat, a full-size bed, and a love seat facing a twenty-inch TV and a nice view out a bay window of the park with a large sitting space that Devin place throw pillows and cushions, a guitar rested against a wall.

“I’ll take that bag, you go have a seat,” Devin said.

“I brought wine,” Patrick said pulling the bottle out of his bag.

“Great I’ll pour you a glass.”

Patrick took a spot on the couch while he listened to Devin move around in the kitchen. He removed the diary and wasn’t sure where to put it considering Devin didn’t have a coffee table or end tables.

“I brought the diary.”

“You did, well you can put it on the bed,” Devin said, with his back to him as he opened the wine bottle.

Patrick rose and walked over to the made bed covered in a patchwork quilt. A bookcase held a few books, CDs, and DVDs. The walls had posters of black and white images of motorcycles with male models posing on them in the nude. But no pictures of himself as a child or of Tina. One dresser stood in the corner, on it was a pile of mail and magazines.

Patrick placed the diary at the foot of the bed, turning to go back to the couch when Devin stood right in front of him. The sudden appearance of the man startled Patrick causing him to fall back on the mattress.

Devin, holding two glasses with wine, brighten with a grin seeing Patrick on his bed.

“In a hurry, are we?” Devin asked.

Patrick got to his feet avoiding Devin’s gaze. He returned to the couch and sat. Devin followed him holding out a glass to him.

Patrick eyed the glass his wine came in with misgiving. He took the possible re-used jar that might have held jelly spread or nuts saying nothing. Devin walked back to the kitchen with his wine.

Patrick felt silly reacting the way he did. He took a large swallow of his wine and relaxed collecting himself.

“Do you want music?” Devin asked.

“Yes, that would be nice.”

Devin returned with a box radio and plugged it in behind the TV. He turned it on and Jazz Bossa Nova music filled the room. He turned to Patrick who was almost finished his wine.

“Is this okay or would you like something else?”

“No, this is nice,” Patrick said, more relaxed as he swallowed the last of his wine.

“Can I get you more wine?”

Patrick foresee no problem with another glass he could handle that high.

“Yes, but I’ll get it, you’re cooking, I don’t want to keep disturbing you.”

“Okay.” Devin said. Patrick followed him and found the wine on the counter. He poured a larger amount for himself and noticed what Devin was working on.

“Steaks, yum. You didn’t have to cook we could have gone somewhere or ordered.

“I like cooking, it helps me relax,” he said seeing Patrick toss back his second glass of wine. “I guess, wine helps you relax,” he teased.

Patrick nodded as he savored the aged grape.

“Yes, it’s all I have.”

“That can’t be true.”

“Well, no, I like to Cosplay.”

“No way?”

“Way,” Patrick pointed as he poured more wine.

“What do you go as?”

“Well, I usually go as a strong female, vampire, superhero, anime.”

“Female?”

“Yeah, my body seems to compliment the female form better than a man’s.”

“I don’t know you look great as a man.”

The wine took effect as Patrick smiled at Devin’s comment.

“Thank you.”

“Does your boyfriend Cosplay with you?”

“No, he uses to as a child, but he grew uninterested when he got older.”

“So, he doesn’t support you?” Devin placed the steaks in the broiler and got started on the salad. He needed to get into the refrigerator that Patrick was leaning against.

“No, he does. He comes with me when I perform to keep the over eager fans at bay.”

“I always wanted to Cosplay,” he said moving Patrick over by grabbing his arm shifting to the side. The touch didn’t bother Patrick as he realized Devin wanted to get into the fridge.

“Did you ever try?”

“No, I have no clue where to start.”

“Yeah, I was like that until my best friend Mia introduced me to the world and I never looked back.”

“That’s great.”

Devin chopped lettuce, cabbage, carrots, olives, and tomatoes throwing it all into a bowl. He asked Patrick to pass him the spices beside him as he continued to drink his wine.

“Well, all we need to do is wait for the steaks why don’t you hold back on the wine,” he said taking Patrick’s cup. “Until we eat?”

Patrick was in no mood to argue as he shrugs and walked back to the couch. Devin turned the steaks and set the timer for four minutes joining Patrick.

“I’m glad you came,” Devin said.

“Me too.”

“You are?”

“Yes. I promised Anton.”

“So, you’re doing all of this because he asked you?”

“Devin, you promise to read the diary if I came for lunch. I wasn’t expecting to enjoy myself, which I am.”

“You’re enjoying yourself?”

“You are a wonderful host.”

Devin smiled at Patrick’s compliment just as the timer went off.

“Lunch is ready. Please have a seat at the table.”

Patrick followed Devin who held his chair as he sat down. He served their meal and served more wine.

When finished Patrick helped clean the dishes and felt more like himself after getting food on his stomach. He used the rest room and when done he found Devin sitting on the edge of his bed reading the diary. He returned to the couch sipping on his wine.

“Can I have some of that?” Devin asked. Patrick rose and found his untouched jar on the small table they had their meal. He gave it to him and watched him drain the glass. He held out the glass. “How about a refill?” Patrick hurried to the kitchen and brought the wine bottle to him pouring more. Devin drank half and looked at the diary.

Patrick stood not disturbing him. Devin raised his head lost for words. Patrick moved to sit beside him.

“Devin, it’s a lot to take in all at once. But understand that Anton wants to be there for you.”

“I have a twin brother?”

Patrick nodded.

“Who is he to you?”

“Yes. He’s my lover.”

Devin turned his head shutting his eyes for a moment collecting himself. He turned back to Patrick holding out his glass. Patrick poured when Devin stopped him taking the bottle raising it to his lips taking a long swallow. He savored the liquid

“Tina said things that weren’t true. She never came to visit me as often as she said. And when she did, she only bad mouth Anton. When I asked her when we were going home, she would say, you can thank Anton for that.”

Patrick touched Devin’s upper back as a sign of comforting.

“Tina said all my suffering was because Anton never wanted me. I was a mistake.”

“That’s not true Devin.”

Devin looked at Patrick who thought he wanted a hug but when he tried to embrace him Devin grabbed him and kissed him pushing him back onto the bed. Patrick struggled against the stronger male who wouldn’t let up.

“Devin stop,” was the most he could say before Devin covered his mouth with his own. His hands moved along Patrick’s body in the way Adam touched him. The singles of arousal built up in Patrick as he fought against them.

“This isn’t Adam,” he said to himself. “He’s not the one I love.” Tears welled in his eyes as his struggling weakened when a pounding came at the door.

This cause Devin to release Patrick who scrambled up running for the exit. When he opened it, Anton stood relieved to find Patrick but eyed the desperation on his face.

“Anton, you’re out of the hospital?” Patrick said.

“You were in the hospital?” Devin said, rising from the bed.

Anton pushed pass Patrick and moved to Devin slapping him across the face.

Thanks for reading please leave a like and or comment.
Copyright © 2017 keyisfake; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..