Jump to content
    keyisfake
  • Author
  • 1,431 Words
  • 1,683 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Lost - Two Timer series - 9. Chapter 9

Patrick has a break down.
Anton gets caught.
Adam emotions gets the best of him.

Adam returned to the office hoping Justin made progress with the CD. The pain in his gut and head subsided as he climbed the stairs. He didn’t expect running into AJ Chance.

“AJ, what are you doing here?”

“I came to see you.”

“Oh, is this about the summons? It’s delivered.”

AJ stopped in front of Adam.

“No, it not about the summons.”

“Then what…”

When the kiss happened, Adam didn’t react. He stood frozen as AJ’s lips connected with his remembering those lips, that wet tongue his fingers in his hair. His mind recalled everything including the secrets, the betrayal, the heartache he suffered causing him to leave the police force and the country.

He grabbed AJ’s shoulders and pushed him causing him to loss his footing and fall back on the steps. AJ realized what he did as he got his bearings.

“Adam, I’m sorry.”

“You’re sorry?”

“I crossed a line I never planned, I swear.”

“You stuck your tongue into my mouth AJ, and I like to know why?”

AJ straightens his clothes thinking over a rational explanation. Adam noticed his hesitance.

“I’m going through what my therapist calls atones.”

“Oh, are you?”

“Yes, but she said it’s only a faze that will subside in time.”

“What’s the matter, Artie’s not performing to your standard?”

“No, I love him.”

“Unless you want to kiss me?”

“I think I said enough,” AJ said, in a shaky voice. He tried to pass Adam who grabbed the detective and pushed him against the wall.

“You miss me, don’t you?”

“It doesn’t matter, Adam.”

“That’s right it doesn’t. I’m in love with Patrick, not you and to be honest I don’t miss you. I’ve moved on and so should you.”

“How gallant of you.”

“AJ. What you did could never be undone. Even if Patrick wasn’t in my life.”

“Can you be so sure of that?”

“I’d stake my life on it.”

AJ had no words to share as Adam released him and continued up the stairs not looking back. As much as AJ wanted to scream but held it in until he was out of the building.

************

Adam stepped into his office where Justin was lounging on the couch texting on his cell.

“Is this what you do when I’m not around?” Adam said, cross.

“The filter program is running on my computer, so I came over here to do the rest of my work.” Justin said, not looking up.

Adam walked over and pushed his feet on the couch gaining Justin’s full attention.

“I don’t pay you to hang out on my couch and text to your friends.”

Justin picking up that Adam’s was angry.

“I wasn’t, look,” Justin turned his phone showing the page he was working on. “I was doing the account numbers while I wait for…”

“Clients come in here looking for professional help. They don’t want to see you on the couch as if you were home.” Adam stormed into his office and slammed the door behind him. His heart pounded in his chest as a headache sprang out of nowhere. He sat behind his desk and holding his head as the pain increased. “Justin,” he cried out.

Justin rushed into the room seeing Adam in destresses.

“Adam, what’s wrong?”

“My head is killing me.”

“Okay, I have painkillers just a sec.” Justin left and returned what seemed like an instant, giving Adam two pain killers and water. He helped him to the couch laying him down turning off the lights and place a cool cloth on his forehead. After twenty minutes Adam relaxed and so did his headache. He sat up and saw Justin at his desk.

“Justin?”

“Hey, boss, how are you feeling?”

“Justin, I’m sorry.”

“You don’t have to…”

“Yes, yes I do. I know you work hard and me coming in here yelling at you was unacceptable. You didn’t deserve that. I was mad, and I came in here and took it out on you.”

“I didn’t take it personal.”

“You should have. I was an ass and will make it up to you.”

Justin knew he would not convince Adam otherwise, sat next to him on the couch.

“What happened?”

“AJ happened.”

“Yeah, he was just here looking for you.”

“Ran into him on the stairs.”

“I thought you two were at a truce?”

“Thought so too. But he made it more complicated.”

“How?”

“He kissed me.”

“Kissed you?”

“Yeah, and I thought I handled it but, old feeling rushed back and it pissed me off.”

“What are you going to do?”

“I’m going home. With luck, AJ gotten the hint I don’t have the same feelings.”

“What if he didn’t get the hint.”

Adam paused the sting from his headache wanted to return

“Well first I’m giving you the rest of the day off with pay.

“Okay, I’ll work on the program at home.”

“You don’t have to.”

“I want to. I like working for you.”

“Even when I’m a jerk?”

“Even when you’re a bastard. Which is rare,” Justin said, causing Adam to laugh at the illumination of his behavior.

“Thanks for being here.”

“You’re welcome. Now go home and I’ll lock up.”

Adam looked at the younger man and grabbed his hand kissing the back. Before standing up and leaving.

*************

Patrick arrived at the hospital in a cab and saw Anton stand outside. When he climbed in beside him Anton ranted about his time in the hospital not noticing Patrick half listening.

“…I saw my chance to get out of there when the nurse changed their shift.” He glanced at Patrick who stared at his hands folded on his lap. Anton reached over and place his hand on top of his. “Your hands are chilled. I’m sorry I couldn’t get in contact with you sooner. Tell you what. When we get back to the house I’ll make you a hot chocolate and you can tell me about what happened with Devin, okay.”

Patrick shook his head confusing Anton.

“Patrick why are you shaking your head? Devin wasn’t there?”

“He was there.”

“It didn’t go well? What did he say to you? Did he threaten you?”

Patrick tried to answer when he broke down crying. Anton gathered him into his arms holding him close.

“Patrick tell me what he said.”

“It’s not what he said, it’s what he did.”

Anton made Patrick look at him.

“What did he do?”

“He kissed me.”

“Kissed you?”

“I told him I had a lover, but he didn’t care. He said he’ll read the diary if I come to his place alone tomorrow.”

“Alone?”

“He said if I bring you he won’t read the diary and he’ll have you arrested.”

“Did he?”

“I’m sorry Anton.”

“For what?” Anton pulled out a box of tissues and wiped the tears from Patrick’s face. “Don’t you dare blame yourself Patrick.”

“But, I don’t want to go there alone.”

“I’ll handle this? I know just what to do.”

When they reached the house, Patrick paid the driver with tip as he and Anton approached the door that swung opened with Adam greeting them.

“Adam,” Anton said. “Are you going to let us in or are you going to bring the couch out here for me to sit on? I’m exhausted.”

Adam stepped aside watching them past without saying a word. Patrick noticed Adam’s demeanor as the guilt of his kiss with Devin resurfaced.

“Adam, you’re home early,” Patrick said, brushing his lips with his fingers as walked ahead of him into the living room. He was about to join Anton on the couch when Adam stopped him by grabbing his arm.

“I need to show you something upstairs,” Adam said.

“Oh but…” Patrick spoke when Adam interrupted him.

“There’s hot tea in the server mom and cookies in the tin, help yourself we’ll be a minute.”

Anton saw the tray laid out on the coffee table with two cups.

“Well how nice of you. But how did you know when we’ll be back?”

“Just a guess. Come on Pat.” Adam now holding his hand led him upstairs, leaving Anton alone.

Anton was in no place to protest knowing full well what Adam wanted from Patrick. Troy always used that line, I need to show you something, on him several times. He sat back grateful to be out of that hospital as he leaned forward to pour a cup of tea.

“Let me help you.” The familiar voice came from behind him causing Anton to stop his action, stand and turn to face his husband.

I hope you're still enjoying this like I am.
Please leave a like and or comment if you agree.
Copyright © 2017 keyisfake; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
  • Love 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..