Jump to content
    keyisfake
  • Author
  • 2,269 Words
  • 703 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Lost - Two Timer series - 12. Chapter 12

Adam has unwanted visitors,
Anton puts Devin in his place concerning Patrick.
Then Patrick and Anton gets kidnapped.

Adam arrived at work with assorted muffins for Justin and himself. The guilt from yelling at his assistant lingered. Why did AJ’s kiss bother him? He had time to heal even move on with Patrick, last night proved that. Whatever it was it’s over he made that clear to Detective Chance. Adam took the stairs and couldn’t wait to start a new case. He even considered taking Justin in the field with him to give him some training. He entered his office and first saw Justin sitting behind his desk looking at him.

“Good morning, Mr. Shi, guess what I got us?” Adam said waving the white box by its string. Justin gave a halfhearted smile before looking to Adam’s office.

Adam caught the gesture and place the box in Justin’s outstretched hand.

“Clients?” Adam said.

Justin tried to warn Adam before his office door opened, and AJ walked out.

“Hello Detective,” AJ said, unable to keep his eyes on him. Adam’s optimistic view for the day got cloudy.

“Good morning Potter,” Artie Cutter said following his partner, in profession and bed. Older than them, Artie, showing greyish temples and carrying more experience as a detective, love to sashay his triumph over winning AJ’s heart in front of Adam. To fan the fire, he refused to address Adam by his title detective.

Adam almost dropped the F-boom when he saw Artie. He closed his eyes and dropped his head back hoping it was all a nightmare and he was home holding his beautiful Patrick in his arms.

“Didn’t expect to see me, did you Potter?”

“Adam,” AJ interrupted. “We’re here on police matters.”

“What else would we be here for?” Artie said, glancing at AJ.

“What do you want now?” Adam cut in not wanting them there any longer than necessary.

“We want you to serve another summons,” Artie said.

“Can’t you get someone else?”

“What’s wrong Potter is this a step down from…” Artie glanced callous around his general area. “…your work.”

Adam had about enough of Artie Cutter and AJ standing by doing nothing. He had no clue what was going on with their relationship and he didn’t care as he expelled.

“Fuck, you Artie.”

Both men took a step towards each other and AJ stepped between them. Justin hurried to stand behind Adam grabbing his arm.

“Enough,” AJ ordered. Both of you take a step back and calm down.

Adam didn’t fight Justin as he tugged on his arm, he moved back and took a breath. AJ turned to his partner with a disappointing glare.

“Artie go wait at the car I’ll be down after I’ve talked to Adam.”

Artie wanted to protest but knew he would upset AJ.

“Fine, I’ll be downstairs.” He passed Adam seeing his irritation and smiled to himself. Once gone AJ took a breath and focused on his task.

“Adam can we talk in private?”

“I don’t think that’s a good idea,” Justin chimed, AJ looked at him perplexed.

“It’s all right Justin.” Adam walked past AJ into his office. AJ followed him closing the door behind him.

Adam sat behind his desk propping his leg up and keeping his eyes focused off AJ.

Detective Chance noticed Adam avoiding eye contact and realized what Justin meant. He removed the summons from inside his jacket and placed it on Adam’s desk.

“Here’s the summons. If you can, deliver it as soon as possible.”

Adam said nothing. AJ turned to leave but stopped.

“Adam did you tell Justin what happened to us yesterday?”

“Nothing happened to us, AJ.” Adam sighed. “You’re the one who lost his head.”

“Adam, I explained why I did that,” AJ said, keeping his voice down.

“Your, atones?”

“I told you there were stages.”

“So, the kiss was an apology?”

“I didn’t mean to apologize with a kiss. I meant to say the words.”

“But your tongue got in the way.”

Tension grew in AJ, unable to think straight he took a deep breath and released it running his hand through his hair. He shook as he became light headed. Adam glanced over at him wondering why he stopped talking. He saw AJ swaying, he jumped to his feet and rushed to him.

“AJ, are you all right?” Adam grabbed him and moved him to a chair. Once seated, he grabbed Adam’s neck and pulled him in kissing him again. Adam grabbed his hand and yanked it from his neck pulling away from him. “Dammit AJ.” Adam moved back behind his desk dropping into his chair. He closed his eyes fighting the emotions that tried to surface.

“Adam.” AJ’s voice brought him back. He opened his eyes to see him standing in front of him. “I don’t understand what’s going on, but I miss you. I know you’re with Patrick, but I can’t stop these feelings. And I think your affected by them.”

“You know nothing about me.”

“I know you better than anyone.”

“You need to get this through you head AJ. There will be nothing between us, ever. Now, get out.”

Adam’s words cut him deep as he stepped back and turned to the door. Before opening it, AJ spoke without facing him.

“I can’t help what I feel Adam. I love you.” He left leaving the door open. Not looking or saying a word to Justin as he left.

Justin hurried into the office to see Adam sitting stun in his chair.

“Boss, you okay?”

Adam took a minute to collect himself before answering.

“I will be.” Adam rose and walked over to the window opening it to feel the cool breeze on his face.

Justin saw the summons on Adam’s desk. He picked it up and figured Adam didn’t want to deliver it, so he delivered it for him. When Adam collected himself, he saw Justin had left.

“Justin?”

“Be right there boss.” Justin entered carrying a cup of coffee and a muffin sitting them on Adam’s desk. “Thought you might need these.”

“You are a mind reader.”

“Also, I finish the program. It couldn’t get a clear view of the person face, but it got the name of the business. Pleasure Hole.”

“Do you have an address?”

“I sent the info to your email.”

“Thanks Justin. Tell you what, why don’t you come with me, I could use the company.”

“Cool. But, I can’t.”

“Why not?”

“I still need to get to the bank. We shouldn’t have that much pity cash in the safe.”

“Good ideal. I’ll meet you back here later.”

“Sure.” Not wanting to pry but seeing Adam’s shoulders slump when he declined his offer he wondered what AJ said to him. “Are you all right?”

“Yeah, why wouldn’t I be?”

“AJ looked upset when he left. Did something happen between you two again?”

Adam almost told him that AJ was in love with him, but he couldn’t bring the words out. He wanted to pretend it never happened.

“No, nothing like that.”

“Don’t want to talk about it?”

“I rather not. I’m just going to read over what you sent me.”

“Okay.”

Adam shut his door leaving a heavy tension in the room. Justin uncover the summons and read the recipient’s name. Last name Murphy, first name Devin.

************

Devin took a step back shaken from the swift slap on the cheek Anton gave him who stood between him and Patrick. Still wearing the clothes from the day before with his medical ID band on his wrist, Anton slipped out of the hospital while Troy stepped out to grab them lunch. He needed to get to Patrick who he regretted sending alone to talk to Devin after he told Anton about the kiss.

“Let’s get something straight,” Anton voice boomed in Devin’s ears. “No, means no. I don’t know where you learned about relationships, but I taught my boys to respect boundaries. If a person is not into you peruse another. Don’t stalk them and don’t you dare, push yourselves onto them.”

“Anton, I’m all right,” Patrick said.

Anton glanced back at him and gave him an apologetic smile.

“I should have never asked you to do this Patrick. This was my burden not yours.”

“So, I’m a burden?” Devin said, still feeling the sting on his cheek.

When Anton looked at him Devin seemed unsure what Anton would do next. The same stare Anton gave Adam and his brothers whenever he’s fed up with their behavior.

“Patrick, why don’t you go home I’ll handle this.”

“Anton weren’t you in the hospital?” Patrick said.

“I’ll be fine,” was the last thing he said before passing out. Patrick cried out his name trying to get to him before his hit the floor when Devin raced in and caught him.

He kneeled cradled Anton’s head and back as Patrick came to them.

“What’s wrong with him?” Devin asked.

“I don’t know, he should be in the hospital.”

“Let’s get him to the bed.”

“I’ll help you.”

“No, I got him.” Devin lifted Anton into his arms and placed him on the quilt. “I’ll get a cold cloth for his head.” Devin left the room. Patrick sat beside Anton who’s face looked pale.

“I should call Adam.” Patrick retrieved his cell ready to sped dial Adam when Anton placed his hand on his phone stopping him.

“Anton.”

“Hey, sorry about that.”

Devin returned with the cloth and was about to place it on Anton’s forehead when he hesitated and instead handed the cloth to Patrick who placed it on Anton. The coolness brought relief as Anton sat up.

“Anton you shouldn’t move yet,” Patrick said.

“I’m fine now, thank you, both.” He looked at Devin who seemed unsure what to do. “Patrick, go home.”

“No Anton…”

“I’ll be fine. I think Devin will hear me out.”

“You should go back to the hospital,” Devin said.

“If I do, will you let me come back to talk to you?”

“I guess.”

“Well, that’s more than I can hope for. Patrick will take me back.”

“I’ll call a car now.” Patrick walked off to phone a driver.

Anton stared at Devin who looked his way once or twice.

“Does your face hurt?” Anton asked.

“No,” he said.

“Sorry I had to be rough with you. I had to do the same with your twin.”

“You did?”

“When he was in high school. His hormones were in maximum over drive and I had to step in to calm him down.”

“I don’t know how to take this Anton. I need time to figure it out. Focus on your health.”

“Fair enough. Can I leave you my name and number?”

“Sure.” Devin found a pen and paper handing them to Anton who wrote his information. He gave them back to Devin smiling.

‘You’d like Troy, he’s more, grounded than I am and would adore you.”

“Are you going to tell him?”

“I am. He will want to meet you.”

“That’s fine but can you not bring the others. I don’t think I’ll be able to handle them right now.”

“Deal.”

“The car will be here in ten minutes.”

“Fine, it will give Devin enough time to apologize to you.”

“Well, he doesn’t…”

“Yes, I do,” Devin cut Patrick off. “I crossed a like and made you feel uncomfortable. You’re a nice guy Patrick and I should have respected your wishes.”

“Thanks.”

“I hope you mean it this time Devin,” Anton said. “Your twin does not like to share.”

“I hope he’s worth it.”

“He is,” Patrick said.

“Do you want help getting downstairs?”

“I would love it,” Anton said.

The car arrived, and Devin helped them in closing the door.

Anton sat back feeling less stress as Patrick received a text. It was from his driver telling him he was in traffic and he will be five minutes late. Patrick looked up at the driver in front of him then to Anton.

“Anton, this isn’t my driver.”

“Then who is he?”

“I don’t know.”

Anton looked to the man.

“Excuse me, who are you?” The man ignored him. “Hey, did you hear me?” They heard the doors lock and a glass between them and the driver rose trapping them. Anton sat back and looked at Patrick in a worry expression. “I think we’re being kidnapped.”

“I’ll call Adam,” Patrick said, when the driver slammed on his breaks jerking them forward Patrick dropped his phone. Before either man could respond, Anton’s door unlocked. Anton reached to open his grabbing Patrick’s arm when someone else did it for him. A brawny man climbed in pushing Anton and Patrick over as he sat beside Anton holding a gun.

“Cell phones, now.” This startled them as Patrick reach down and pickup his up handing it to the man.

“I don’t have mine,” Anton confessed. The man didn’t believe him.

“I need to search you. If you resist? I’ll restrain you.”

“Fine get on with it, just watch your hands,” Anton ordered.

He searched Anton’s person. Holding the gun to prevent them from resisting. Anton didn’t enjoy where the man’s hands were going but didn’t want to make any sudden moves to prompt him to shot. When satisfied Anton had no phone, he cued the driver to continue.

“What do you want with us?” Patrick said.

“Someone wants to meet you.”

“Who?” Anton asked.

“You’ll see when you get there. Now relax.”

“We’d relax more if you put that gun away.”

The man didn’t hesitate he return the gun to its holster in his strapped over his shoulder under his jacket.

“Happy?”

Neither answered as they waited to arrive to their destination.

Thanks for reading and please leave a like and or comment.
Copyright © 2017 keyisfake; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..