Jump to content
    keyisfake
  • Author
  • 1,641 Words
  • 1,031 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Lost - Two Timer series - 21. Chapter 21

Poor Patrick.

Patrick’s body shivered as he regained consciousness. His eyes focused on darkness. He took in a breath and stretched his arms and legs, stopped short by something hard. Through touch he discovered he was inside something. He pushed against his confinement gaining no release. A pounding in his chest increased as he banged and kicked against what he suspects was wood.

He cried for help, but his dry throat made it sound like squeaks. As his panic increased the sense of dread shrouded his thoughts of being buried alive.

“Please, help me,” he cried as his breathing became difficult. “Help!”

His banging hands pound as hard as he could when the lid opened, and the light rushed in distorting his vision. Patrick ignored his temporary condition as he scrambled out of the box feeling hands grabbing him. He struggled as they pinned his arms behind him and pushed him to his knees as a voice echoed in his ear.

“Calm down Mr. Valdez. You are in no danger.”

Patrick’s eyes adjusted as Piper Monroe’s face came into view. He stared back at the man then realized what they trapped him inside; a form fitting wooden casket. His heart continued to pound in his chest at the thought of being held in such a thing. He turned his attention back to Piper, who stood grinning at him.

“You, sick bastard!”

“Come now, such harsh words?”

“If my father knew about this, he’d have you put in that box!”

Piper moved to him and crouched in front of him, his smile slipping away.

“You threaten me with daddy, but what about your lover, Adam Potter? Should I worry about him?”

“You’ll learn soon enough.”

“Oh, I’ve learned a lot already. Do you want to see?”

Patrick ignored him as he took in his surroundings and found he was still in a subway car but not the same one. This one had clean seats, windows and no debris. Unaware Piper has moved to sit in a nearby seat, pulling out his cell phone. They dragged Patrick over to sit between his legs, which he tried to protest, which landed his arm to be twisted causing him to cry out.

“Please stop fighting, we don’t want to send you home with a broken wrist or arm,” Piper said engrossed on his cell searching through files. Patrick stopped struggling, and the man eased up on his arm.

“Where’s Molly?” Patrick kept his tone even. Piper never looked up when he answered.

“We let her go.”

“You did?” Relieved she wasn’t in the same circumstances.

“Here it is,” Piper proclaimed. He locked his onyx eyes on Patrick’s hazel ones. “I realized you were my ace in the hole, in case I had to kill your lover I could ransom you to your family. Now for our feature presentation.”

Piper turned his phone to Patrick. He viewed an outside scene of parked cars one being a jeep that looked familiar. Then Adam walked into the shot. Patrick glanced at Piper.

“No, please don’t hurt him,” he said in a panic.

“Keep watching,” Piper ordered.

The man holding him, grabbed his hair and yanked his eyes back to the phone. Patrick watched someone run up to Adam. It was Detective Chance, Adam’s ex-lover. They had words like a quarrel. Then Patrick witnessed something that sent a punch to his gut. Adam grabbed AJ and kissed him. Not the other way around. Tears welled in Patrick’s eyes as the kiss seemed to last forever. The video stopped playing as Piper returned his cell to his pocket. Patrick remained in shock from the image.

“Still think he’s coming to save you? Maybe out of guilt, but there won’t be a happy-ever-after for you. I would go as far to say he’ll kick you out to get that sweet detective back into his bed.”

Patrick’s shame engulfed him as Piper rose and ordered his men to make Patrick stand. They release his hair as they tugged on his arms; he clumsily obeyed with his head down. Piper grabbed his chin and raised his tear-stained face.

“Now this is what you will do. I’m having a birthday party and you’re to be on my arm. When Devin arrives, you will lead him away so I can have him alone. I know he wants you and you will give your best performance to make him follow you. When I have him, I will return you to your—life. Deal?”

Patrick could only nod.

“Okay, you need to clean up and make yourself amazing. I can’t have a crying bitch on my arm. My men will only blindfold you and take you somewhere to clean and dress then bring you back here. Don’t attempt escape, you’ll regret your actions.

***************

On their way to the hospital, Adam called his parents.

Anton dropped back on the bed exhausted. Troy rained over him flashing a wicked grin. Anton’s slim, well-conditioned form made his mouth water. He might dye his hair to hide the streaks of gray, but he kept the peppered snow between his legs for Troy’s eyes only.

“There, how do you feel now?” Troy asked.

Anton stared back, panting unable to form words, nodding instead. Troy dropped beside him leaning on his arm, watching Anton, whose hair draped the mattress.

“You still amaze me after all these years,” Troy said, combing his fingers through Anton’s black locks.

Anton caught his breath and reached up, brushing his knuckles along Troy’s jawline.

“You are my stress relief; fuck yoga,” Anton said, causing them to burst into laughter just as Troy’s cell rang. He rolled over and found the caller to be his son. He turned back to Anton.

“It’s Adam,” he said before answering. “Adam is there news?”

“Dad, you and mom need to come to the hospital, It’s Molly.” Troy listened as Adam gave the address before hanging up.

“Troy, what is it? Is Patrick all right?” Anton said, now sitting up.

Unable to lock eyes with Anton Troy rose from the bed. Anton scared, followed him.

“Troy, please—Patrick isn’t…” the words caught in his throat. Troy turned to him and grasped his shoulders.

“No, it’s not Patrick. It’s—Molly.”

“Molly?”

Troy collected himself and glance once more at Anton’s naked body wanting to take it once again.

“Let’s get dressed we need to get to the hospital.”

Anton had more questions, but saved them as he scrambled to wash his face and tug on his clothes.

*************

When Adam, Justin and Devin reached the hospital, they found the police were there. They took the elevator to the floor Molly’s room was on and to Adam’s astonishment AJ and Artie were there in the greeting area.

“How did I not know it involved you Potter,” Artie Cutter said, taking a step towards him than stopping when Devin came from behind. “Dear God, there’s two of him.”

Devin didn’t know what problem the detective had with Adam, but it had to wait. He stepped forward and directed his focus on AJ who stood dumbfounded.

“Listen, I want to see Molly Basset. I’m her emergency contact,” Devin demanded.

AJ stared at Devin then looked at Adam, who seem uninterested. The uncanny resemblance struck him dumbfounded as he took a step back.

“Will someone tell me where Molly is?”

Justin had found a nurse and gain the room number.

“She’s around the corner, the last room on the right,” Justin called to Devin.

Devin looked to Justin with thanks in his eyes and raced off. Adam tried to follow when Artie stepped in his way.

“Not so fast Potter, you have questions to answer.”

Adam opened his mouth to respond when AJ spoke up.

“Leave him be Artie, she’s his aunt. Let him by.”

Artie turned to AJ thrown by his comment. Adam scarcely flashed him a glance before moving to the room.

Justin stayed behind giving them privacy. AJ collected himself and approached him.

“What’s going on Justin?” AJ asked.

“What do you mean?” Justin said playing dumb.

“What does he mean?” Artie cut in. “Why do they look alike.? Are they twins?”

“Not that I’m aware of.”

“Great, he’s spawning.”

“Why are you two here?” Justin asked wanting to change the subject.

“We got a call about a woman being found unconscious in a car. We were nearby,” AJ said.

“Do you know what happened to her?”

“Not yet, we were about to question her when you and the doppelgangers showed up,” Artie said.

“Justin,” The vibrant voice that echoed down the hall causing him to turn, relieved it was Anton and Troy. “Where is Molly.” Anton stopped short when he regarded AJ.

“AJ, what are you doing here?” Anton asked.

“I’m here on police matters. Molly’s room’s just down the hall.”

“Right, come on Troy let’s go see her.”

“Good to see you, AJ,” Troy said.

“Nice to see you Mr. Potter.”

“Troy.”

“Troy,” AJ smiled.

Artie was still staring at his partner.

**************

Adam watched as Devin entered the room. He eyed an exit staircase, ahead. He glanced into the room unnoticed and observed Devin hugging his Aunt Molly.

“Molly I’m so sorry,”

“You have nothing to be sorry for,” she said, groggy.

“If it wasn’t for me…”

“Devin, I’m all right.”

Devin swallowed his guilt and squeezed her hand.

“Where did they hold you?”

“In an abandon subway money car. Underground somewhere.”

“Was Patrick with you?”

“Yes, for a short time. They drugged us and now I’m here. Tell me Patrick is in a different room.”

“No, he’s not.”

Molly closed her eyes, rocking her head.

Adam heard enough as he moved past the room and headed for the stairs.

Anton and Troy turned down the hallway, making a bee line to Molly’s room just as the door shut to the staircase.

Thanks for reading and please leave a like and or comment.
Copyright © 2017 keyisfake; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..