Jump to content
    keyisfake
  • Author
  • 1,649 Words
  • 1,139 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Lost - Two Timer series - 18. Chapter 18

Piper Monroe built his business from petty burglary, prostitution, to drug dealing. Tall, slender with defined features, his black straight hair crowned his strong jaw, healthy pale skin, and black crescent eyes.

He reached his thirty-seventh birthday, avoiding two assassination attempts, and he wanted to celebrate; His detainees occupied the venue picked. He stepped onto train car wearing a customize suit, trendy coat and a smile.

Two male twins named Jesse and James followed him. Both with mahogany complexion, braided hair that hung lose beyond their shoulders, with muscular built and wearing suits like their employer. One stood by the door, gazing out while the other followed their employer.

Molly grabbed Patrick’s arm and gave it a little squeeze. Patrick stood his ground, studying the man’s mannerism hoping there was intelligence behind the confident stride.

Piper stopped and eyed Patrick, whom he recognized.

“Well, I seem to have a celebrity in my company. Welcome Mr. Valdez,” he said with a Russian accent.

“Who are you?” Patrick asked?”

“A fan.” He dropped his attention off Patrick and turned it to the woman behind him.

“Hello, Miss Basset.”

“So, you know us, who are you?” Molly asked.

Piper ignored her licking his pouty lips.

“There’s going to be a party here and I need to make arrangement for the two of you.”

“What kind of arrangements?” Patrick asked.

Piper caught his gaze and flashed a charismatic grin.

“And the best part is, you, Mr. Valdez will be my arm candy.”

Piper stepped aside as the man closest to him pulled out a handheld weapon and shot Patrick with a small thin dart that lodged in his neck. The pop came quick. Patrick’s reaction came in the form of a grunt before his eyes blurred and he blacked out. Molly grabbed hold of him but received her own shot in the shoulder and just as fast, lost consciousness both dropping to the cold floor.

***************

Adam heard Sergio and his doppelganger out. He took Justin home who said nothing about knowing Devin.

“Will you call me when you hear anything?” Justin asked.

“I will.”

“Did your mom go home?”

“No, he and my father are staying at a hotel. I didn’t want them to stay at the house in case…”

“Yeah, I understand.”

“Don’t go back to the office they might be watching it.”

“What are you going to do?”

“I’m going to go find Patrick and Molly.”

“Do you know where to look?”

“I have a hunch. I need to go.”

“Okay.” Justin received a text when he checked his cell Adam drove off.

Adam left without saying goodbye. He returned to his office and checked the tracker he had in Patrick’s cell. Then he checked his gun making sure it was in working order. He locked up and went to his jeep. The sun excelled its last hue before resting. Common sense told him to wait until morning, but his adrenaline added with the ache in his chest ignored common sense.

He drove for what seem like forever. The more he pressed the accelerator the slower he thought he was going. The trail led outside of town; to Adam’s relief it wasn’t toward a place he never wanted to visit again.

He turned off onto a back-road steering farther into the woods. Not seeing any buildings Adam’s heart pound in his chest as the signal grew closer. He stopped his jeep grabbed his gun and flashlight and climbed out.

His legs tried to buckle, but he forced them to move forward. Patrick’s cell grew closer after each step. The beeping increased; he shined a light on over grown grass not high enough to hide a body but maybe a secret door. With closer inspection, he discovered Patrick’s cell phone, but no rope or handle that opened a door.

After an hour of searching, Adam found a second cell. Adam realized, they discarded Patrick’s phone and took him elsewhere. He gave up and returned to his office finding someone waiting outside.

Devin Murphy sat outside his building leaning against his door. Adam parked and walked towards the man who got to his feet.

“What are you doing here?”

“I want to know what you found out,” Devin said.

“Nothing, now go, I have work to do,” Adam said.

He tried to move past, but Devin stepped in front of him.

“You’re lying.”

“What?”

“You found something?”

“What makes you think I found something?”

“Please A… Detective Potter. Molly’s my friend. I want to help.”

“You’ll only get in the way. Now move.” Adam warned. “Or I’ll make you move.”

“Why are you being difficult? I want to help.”

“Fine, tell me this? Who were those men in your apartment?”

“They worked for a dangerous man who I dealt with. I’m to testify against him.”

“What’s his name?”

“Piper Monroe. His enemies call him the Tsar.”

“Do you think he has Patrick and Molly?”

“I do.”

“How do you know my aunt?”

“She helped me when I had nothing.”

Adam thought over his next move.

“Do you know where he is?”

“No.”

Adam removed the two cell phones from his coat pocket. Devin recognized one.

“That’s Molly’s cell phone. Where did you…?”

“Just outside of town.” Adam interrupted. “This one is my lover’s,” he said, caressing Patrick’s phone.

A knot grew in Devin stomach hearing Adam call Patrick his lover.

“They must have tossed them when leaving town,” Devin said, clinching Molly’s cell.

“I don’t think they left town.”

Devin said something when Adam’s ringing cell interrupted them. The caller ID read Justin’s name.

“Yeah,” he answered.

“Adam, someone broke into my apartment.”

“Are you all right?”

“I’m fine, they’ve already gone, but listen, I might have a lead.”

“What is it?”

“A party.”

“A party?”

“I’ll explain when I get there, I’m getting in a cab back to the office.”

“No, wait.” Adam thought fast. “Go to my house, I’ll meet you there.”

“Okay.”

“But stay in the cab until I get there.”

“Will do, boss.”

Adam hung up and looked at Devin.

“You want to help?” Adam asked.

“I do.”

“Then come with me.”

“To where?”

“My place.”

Adam returned to his jeep and Devin followed. They boarded, and Adam headed home. Their ride stayed silent until Adam stopped at a red light. He side glanced at Devin, who stared out the side window. He cleared his throat before speaking.

“You said your last name was Murphy?”

Devin tensed from the question and was about to answer when another call came through on Adam’s cell. Adam answered without checking the ID.

“Yes?”

“You have a letter on your front step,” A male with a thick Russian accent said. “Follow the instructions or we’ll mail him back to you.” The line went dead, just as the light turned green. Adam checked the caller ID and saw unknown.

“Detective the light’s green,” Devin said.

Adam’s mind raced at, mail him back. Blaring horns from cars behind him didn’t faze him.

“Detective?” Devin reached out to touch him when Adam jerked awake, causing Devin to recoil his hand, and sped off.

When they reached his house, he saw a taxi parked in front. As he pulled into his driveway Justin climbed out of the cab after paying the man with a big tip and hurried over. The passenger side door opened, and Justin froze when he saw Devin.

“What are you doing here?” Justin demanded.

“I’m here to help,” Devin said.

“Adam,” Justin tried to protest, but Adam shoots past them ignoring Justin.

He raced to his front door and there sticking out from under the mat was a regular brown letter envelope. He snatched it up and tore it open, unfolding the letter inside.

Bring Devin to the party. Directions in two days.” He read it two more times before turning it over, finding the other side blank then tore apart the envelope finding nothing more.

“Adam what is it?” Justin asked.

Adam looked at him on the brink, then glared at Devin. Who saw nothing but contempt in his twin’s eyes.

Devin took a step back but stopped when Adam spoke.

“You have one day to tell me everything about them.”

Devin swallowed, then shook his head.

“Okay, I’ll tell you what I know.”

“Inside. It’s going to be a long night.” Adam opened the door and waited as Justin and Devin entered. He scanned his surroundings before shutting the door.

**************

Molly remained unconscious through her journey. Her limp body rested on the back seat of an unmarked car. Stolen and its plates removed, the man driving was one twin who worked for Piper, Jesse. Dressed in baggy sweat clothes with a hooded sweatshirt his braids tucked inside.

His orders were simple, drive to the closest hospital and abandon the vehicle leaving the drugged woman inside. He parked the sedan in an emergency drop off spot just as he watched the paramedics wheel a man on a gurney inside. He had a window to leave unnoticed, he took it, leaving the driver side door open.

Once at a safe distance he ducked behind a dumpster and removed the sweat clothes discarding them inside, revealing his form fitting clothes underneath, he then sent his brother James his location. A few minutes later a car pulled up and he boarded.

Born in a small country swallowed by a larger one. The twins lost ones they loved as gunfire and explosions rained around them. They learned to survive by stealing, running illegal drugs, learning to fight and becoming hired bodyguards; Piper was a man with big dreams and wanted to become unstoppable. They trusted him and so far, he hasn’t disappointed them.

“Did you deliver the letter?” Jesse asked, glancing at his brother.

“He should be reading it right now,” James said

“What if Piper goes down?”

“Let’s hope that never happens.”

Thanks for reading and please leave a like and or comment.
Copyright © 2017 keyisfake; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..