Jump to content
    keyisfake
  • Author
  • 1,670 Words
  • 1,176 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Lost - Two Timer series - 28. Chapter 28

Two motorcycles arrived carrying couples. Dressed in full leather gear with helmets covering their faces. They stopped at the tunnel’s entrance, Adam watched through binoculars from a further distance, as they show their cell phones to the guards, he suspects were their invites.

Adam thought how he would enter the tunnel without his jeep when something hard struck him from behind.

*************

Patrick finished his hair last, staring at his reflection. his curls, Piper complimented, lay pressed straight. His fair brown locks hung across one cheek and down his back. When he was younger his mother did his hair. She would let no one touch his curls. He learned from her how to manipulate his locks, put on makeup, even walk like a female. She shared everything with him.

He applied concealment to the rings under his eyes and the discoloration on his chin. His clothes were loud and bold. A silk shirt, and form fitting silver pants that enhanced his figure, with platform shoes. A quick check of his profile before the door opened and Piper Monroe entered. He studied Patrick’s reflection.

“I applaud you,” Piper said, stepping towards him, keeping his eyes on Patrick’s image. He leaned down close to Patrick’s ear. “You will be the most perfect ornament on my arm.”

Patrick watched the egotist monster talk but heard nothing. Piper grasped his shoulders and made him stand and led him out the room. He’s escorted down the hall to a staircase leading up. They rushed him out of the building towards an awaiting car. The night air caused Patrick to shiver as he’s forced into the backseat and had to shift over for Piper to climb in. The knife he stole from Piper almost slid from his palm, but he recovered it and hid it under his thigh before Piper looked at him. When the car pulled off, he glimpsed a sign that read, ‘Thanks for visiting Thorns Hospital’.

*************

Adam’s head swam as he came too. His head bobs from side to side when his eyes opened to see he was in a car. Then he realized it wasn’t a car, but a jeep, his jeep. He jerked his head up and turned to see himself driving.

“Welcome back?” Devin said.

“Devin?”

“Well, yeah,” Devin smirked at him. “Who else would I be? Do you like the hair color?”

“What the fuck?”

“Listen, I thought over what you said and even though you order Justin to leave, I had other plans.”

Adam tried to reach for him but lurched to a halt finding his arms tied behind his back and his seatbelt fastened.

“Devin, for your health I want you to untie me.”

“You know I had to hot-wire this jeep?”

“Are you ignoring me?” Adam snapped.

“Come on you need me to save Patrick but you’re too thick headed to admit it. Your welcome.”

“I don’t know what game you’re playing, but I swear when I get free…”

“Wait, put your game face on—Devin.” He flashed a grin, Adam returned rolling eyes. “We’re here.”

Devin maneuvered the jeep forward.

“You have no clue who Piper is, Adam. I do. He a Sociopath and he won’t hesitate in killing Patrick if he smells betrayal. If you played it straight Patrick might go home with you, but you wanted to do it your way and it might get him, you and I killed.”

“What makes you think I haven’t thought of all of that?” Adam said, his eyes fixed square ahead. “You have no idea what I had planned, but since you feel you have vast knowledge of all of this then I’ll follow your lead. For now.”

They moved up to the entrance and security approached. The man took one look at Adam pretending to be Devin and smiled.

“Welcome back Devin. Piper can’t wait to see you.” He turned his gaze towards two armed men at the mouth of the entrance. “This is clear,” he waved and pointed at the jeep. Devin drove forward into the tunnel.

Adam sat back and sighed, taking note that the man said nothing about the similarity between him and Devin.

*************

Justin called for a Hitch that would arrive in four minutes. He snatched up his keys to go home to get ready, locking the front door as he pulled out his cell to check what car was coming when he saw a woman standing beside a black SUV with the passenger door opened.

Justin recognized the beautiful albino woman who knocked out Adam in Sergio’s office. He walked up to her glancing around.

“You don’t have to worry; I will not hurt you,” She said, moving towards him.

“Adam’s not here.”

“I know.” She stopped arm’s length from him. “My name is Bayo, and you’re Justin?”

“That’s right.”

“I assume you want to help Adam?”

“How did you know?”

“I’ve been following Devin to make sure he was safe.”

“Were you the one who got him away from the police?”

“I was.”

“You caused the accident?”

“No, but I got Devin out of the car. Listen, I have little time and what you’re planning to do is crazy, so to prevent you I have to take you with me.”

“To where?”

“To the party.”

**************

Three train cars, two connected parked inside the tunnel against a graffitied wall with a narrow platform. The train car doors were opened with lights on and people moving back and forward enjoying music and drink. The last car had tinted windows and was closed off for the party. When Sergio arrived, stepping out of his car pulling Patrick behind him everyone cheered a Happy Birthday to him.

They entered the first car and given designer drinks. Patrick hesitated, but a look from Piper decided for him. He accepted the green beverage and Piper clinked their glasses and enjoyed, making sure Patrick tasted his own.

Piper received a text and smiled his approval as he walked Patrick to the second car. He leaned down and whispered into his ear.

“Your hero is on his way.”

Patrick gasped, tightening his hold on the knife as he’s made to stand at the open door.

************

Men directed the jeep down a dark tunnel over train tracks. They motioned Devin to park with other vehicles off the trail against a wall. When he put the jeep in park, he made sure the men were out of ear shout then turned to Adam.

“Okay, I want to untie you, but swear you go along with me,” Devin asked.

Adam had no time to argue he needed to get to Patrick.

“Fine we’ll go with your plan, for now,” Adam said.

Devin accepted his response. He reached behind Adam’s back and freed him climbing out. Adam exits his jeep and they both walked towards the train cars followed by Piper’s men.

The mingling people didn’t notice or ignored the two as they stopped when they saw Patrick’s profile at the door of one car holding a drink.

“Pat,” Adam whispered.

“Detective Potter, welcome to my birthday party. I see you didn’t wrap my gift.”

Adam ignored Piper and kept his focus on Patrick, who stood unaware he was there.

“Ready for the exchange?” Devin asked.

Piper moved to Adam, who recoiled from him, blocking his view of Patrick. Piper’s eyes scrutinized the detective than glanced towards Devin, who played his part and kept his attention on Patrick.

“It’s uncanny how you both resemble each other down to your green eyes.”

Devin forgot Adam’s eyes were blue but shrugged it off.

“Everyone has a doppelganger,” Devin said.

Piper stepped back and gave a crooked smile.

“Sure, okay. Please, Detective Potter,” Piper said, fixing on Devin. “Go see the love of your life. He missed you so.”

Devin looked pass Piper to Adam, who ignored them.

“Then we’re good, I can take Patrick home?”

“In due time. First, I have business with Devin. Am I right?” he asked Adam.

This brought Adam back to the conversation. He couldn’t go to Patrick to hold, kiss, and tell him everything would be all right. Piper Monroe needed to be dealt with. Devin move towards Patrick as Piper and his men guided him in a different direction.

*************

Patrick stood staring through a fog into his drink. His thoughts kept falling to Adam and AJ’s passionate kiss. The drugs lingered in his body and it faltered, his reaction to the things and people around him.

Devin touched Patrick’s shoulder and their eyes met.

“Are you another dream?” Patrick asked.

“Pat, what’s wrong, did he drug you?” Devin asked. He turned the groggy male and lifted his chin.

“Adam,” Patrick said. “Why?” Patrick dropped his drink and ignored the breaking glass.

“Why what? Patrick it’s me…” The slap came so fast Devin’s head jerked to the side. The burn of the strike came next.

“You pig! How could you kiss him?” Patrick swung again, but Devin blocked him. He tries to wrench from his hold but Devin held fast. The people around them watched but moved away from the unrest couple.

*************

They led Adam down a pathway from the crowd, he hadn’t seen Patrick’s outburst. A shove against his back told him they didn’t want to talk. Piper guided him into a maintenance room. Rusted lockers covered one wall, coat hooks hung on the opposite, a bench between them.

“This will be your home until after my party,” Piper said.

Adam looked over his confinement than back at Piper.

“Then what?” Adam asked.

“Well, that’s up to you Detective Potter.”

Adam said nothing when Piper laughed.

“You don’t think I can tell you two apart? You think so little of me Detective. But you delivered Devin so I won’t kill you.”

“What about Patrick?”

“Patrick reconsidered. I’ll be taking care of him.”

Adam tried to move on him when someone pulled a gun. He back away as Piper left the room first before his men followed and locked the door.

This is the rollercoaster drop point so enjoy.
Please leave a like and or comment.
And as always thanks for reading.
Copyright © 2017 keyisfake; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..