Jump to content
    keyisfake
  • Author
  • 3,247 Words
  • 1,073 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Lost - Two Timer series - 29. Chapter 29

Once Bayo and Justin arrived at the secret party, they showed the invite and allowed entry. After directions on where to park they climbed out as Bayo spied Adam talking to Patrick, and Devin being taken elsewhere. She waited until Justin was at her side as they walked towards the train cars.

“I want you to go to your employer and stay with him,” Bayo said.

Justin glimpsed at Patrick yelling at, not Adam, but Devin.

“Wait, Bayo, that’s…” But she ran off before he could tell her about the switch. He searched for her, but for an Albino female, she vanished from sight. He started to go tell Devin but someone drew his attention away.

Benji stood in the first train car draining a cup with two males, one kissing his neck the other whispering in his ear.

“I told him not to come,” Justin said to himself. He looked over and eyed Devin pulling Patrick towards the closed off train car trusting he was getting Patrick someplace safe. So he had to save Benji from himself.

************

 

Adam searched the room, finding nothing. He cursed himself for letting Devin get the jump on him. He moved to the door and listened not sure if the silence meant no one was guarding the door or the door thickness. At least they didn’t search him as he removed two thin tools from his coat and picked the lock. After a few tries, he heard a click; standing, he removed his gun, opened the door and came face to face with Bayo.

“Hello Devin,” she said with a slight tilt of her head.

“Bayo, what are you doing here?”

“Sergio sent me to watch you. Now come on we have to go.”

“Wait, I have to get to Patrick.”

“Detective Potter is with him.”

“No, he’s not, I’m Adam Potter. I switched places with Devin thinking I was keeping him safe. But he followed me and assumed to be me.”

“That’s unfortunate, Piper is on his way to them now,” Bayo said.

“Piper knows I’m not Devin.”

“Is that gun loaded?”

“It is today.”

Adam stepped into the hallway and found three unconscious men slumped on the floor.

**************

Devin held tight to the struggling Patrick as he pulled him across the gateway to the next car.

“Fucking let me go Adam,” Patrick demanded.

Devin tosses Patrick into a nearby seat and joined him. Patrick tried to stand when Devin gripped his arms and yanked him down.

“Damnit Pat, listen!”

“What for? So you can tell me you’re leaving me for your ex?”

“What are you talking about?” A door slammed shut, causing the argument to stop as they turned.

“I see you two are rejoicing to be together again,” Piper said, standing at the door smiling at the two.

Patrick cringed at the sight of him and pushed back against his seat directing his eyes to the floor. Devin noticed Patrick’s withdraw and rose to Piper.

“What the fuck did you do to him?” Devin shouted.

“Whatever I wanted. I mean it’s no different from you trying to fuck him—Devin.”

Taken back Patrick looked at Devin, whose eyes remain on Piper.

“How did you figure it out?” Devin asked.

“You think I wouldn’t recognize you even if you dyed your hair? But the giveaway was your eyes. I knew Detective Potter’s eye color? And he’s your twin? Thanks to Patrick, I guessed you two might switch places.”

“Now it’s out in the open. What do you want from me?”

“I want you Devin. I missed you.”

“Devin?” Patrick asked.

“That’s right,” Piper spoke to Patrick like a child. “Devin and Adam tried to play us.”

“Where’s Adam?” Devin asked blocking Patrick from Piper’s view.

“He’s locked down.”

“Look, you have me. Just let Adam and Patrick go.”

“Oh, how noble of you.” The car jerked causing Devin to stumble as the compartment moved.

“What’s happening?” Patrick said, looking around. “You said I could go home?”

“Yeah, I said a lot of things. But I meant nothing.”

“Piper you don’t have to do this. Let him go,” Devin pleaded.

“You should plead for your life Devin. You would have testified against me. And that is something I can’t forgive.” Piper pointed a gun at him.

“No, please don’t,” Patrick begged.

“Look at that,” Piper laughed. “He’s speaking up for you. Or do he still believes you’re Adam?”

“Patrick isn’t a part of this.”

“That’s too late. Me and Patrick connected on a—sexual level you could only dream of.”

“You son-of-a-bitch! You touched him?”

“Numerous times. He might not remember most.”

“I should kill you!” Devin took a step towards Piper, who fired at the floor stopping him in his tracks.

“Stop!” Patrick pushed past Devin, who stares back in shock as Patrick wrapped his arms around Piper hugging him. “Let’s leave them behind.”

“You hear that? He’s mine now,” he said, pushing Patrick off of him. “Stay behind me princess while I finish him. I don’t want blood to get on you.”

Piper ready to fire at the same time Patrick raised the open knife to strike him from behind. When Patrick gets wrenched back just as the gun goes off.

*************

Justin watched the party of people mingle over drinks. He searched for Benji and spotted him sitting between the same two men. One rubbed his slender knee while the other places a small white pill on the tip of his tongue and kissed Benji with force. Benji seemed oblivious as he caressed the man’s short beard with his fingers and trailed them down to his open shirt to his exposing chest hair.

Justin had no real solid plan on how he would get Benji out, but at least he felt confident Adam and or Devin will discover him.

That’s when the train shifted and pushed the other two cars jerking everyone to one side. Some fell others spilled their drinks as a surge of grumbles echoed through the crowd.

Justin watched as the first train separated from the other pulled off. He didn’t have time to react when Adam and Bayo ran past jumping on and riding off with the car. He wasn’t expecting that, and it took his focus off Benji who now stood in front of him.

“Justin,” he said in a perky voice. Justin studied his dilated pupils.

“Benji, what are you doing here. I told you not to come.”

“Why, did you think I would take all your thunder?” Benji barked at him.

Justin narrowed his eyes at the choleric man.

“Benji you’re high and drunk. Come with me and I’ll call a ride for you.” Justin reached out to Benji who smacked his hand away.

“You always like to be in control and give orders. So, did most of the others.”

“What are you saying?”

“I’m saying, I’m the one in charge. Not you.”

Justin glimpse two men moving towards them.

“Justin I’ve been scouting you for a while. My bonus will be sweet, but I will forfeit all for an hour with you.”

Justin turned to run when two other guys appeared behind him. He looked back at Benji who backed away. Cries of panic erupted as they grabbed and subdued other people.

This was the horror stories he heard about where people disappeared from these parties. He was alone and needed to find a way out.

**************

Adam and Bayo raced back to the party. He dashed for his jeep and found his backpack. He pulled out the two tasers and Patrick’s cell shoving them into his pockets. When he approached the party, Adam thought his eyes were playing tricks on him when he saw Justin.

A loud bang redirected his attention to the train cars. All the cars jerked back as the first one pulled off. He scanned the alarmed crowd for Patrick and his gut told him he was on the moving train.

“Patrick’s on that train,” he said to Bayo.

“How can you be sure?” she asked.

“I just am.” He took off running and Bayo followed both dashing past Justin who stared after them.

Adam jumped and grabbed hold of the rail swinging his legs over. Bayo copied and joined him. He tried to open the door, but found it locked.

“We need to get inside,” Adam said as the train increased in speed.

“I’ll pick the lock.”

Adam scanned the blacken window and found an area where he could look in. It was a small crack in the side window, he could make out Piper’s back, but that was it until Patrick came into view.

“Hurry, Patrick’s in there,” he called to Bayo still working on the lock. Adam tried to stay calm when he watched Patrick’s hand raise holding a knife. Adam had to stop him, he wouldn’t be able to handle killing someone. “Bayo, I have to get inside.”

“I’m almost there.”

Adam knew it would be too late as he pulled out his gun and took aim. The train jerked where he almost lost his footing. Bayo caught his arm before he toppled over the railing. Adam recovered and looked for Patrick who wasn’t in sight, only Devin struggling with Piper.

“Adam it’s open,” Bayo called.

She moved out of the way as he yanked open the door and aimed his gun. Piper overpower Devin and held the knife at his throat. Adam found Patrick moaning on the floor with a bruise on the side of his head.

“Piper, drop the knife,” Adam ordered

“What for, I can finish this in one clean drag,” Piper laughed. The blade pressed into Devin’s skin, causing a trickle of blood to run down his neck.

“What if I drop my gun?” Adam asked. “Will you lower the knife?”

“You’d drop your gun for him?”

“Yes.”

“Would you, if you knew he had his tongue down, his throat?” he dropped his eyes and nodded his head towards Patrick.

Adam wavered at the idea of Devin kissing Patrick. But he remained vigilant, calling his bluff.

“Do we have a deal?”

“You don’t trust me. Well, what if I told you I have pictures of your true love going into this piece of shit’s apartment?”

“What does that prove?”

“It proves they kept you in the dark, and that maybe they were having afternoon delights.”

“No, Adam…” Devin tried to protest, but Piper grinned the knife deeper into his neck widening his wound.

“Shut-up! You know it’s true. You’ve fucked Sergio, now you’ve fucked him.”

Devin locked eyes with Adam, who kept going back and forth with the notion of Patrick betraying him in the same way AJ did. The secrets, the lies, the betrayal drove him to wanting to take his own life. His hand shook, causing his gun to waver.

“You see, there’s no point in saving him, he doesn’t deserve your help. With him gone you can go on with your pretend life.”

Through Piper’s over confidence he relaxed his hold on the blade giving Bayo enough time to move from behind Adam and shoot Piper in the chest. His hand jerked releasing the knife as he dropped to his knees and fell forward. Devin remained on his knees, staring at Adam as Bayo moved to check Devin’s injury.

“We’re not done yet,” Bayo said to Adam.

Adam moved from Patrick and went to the driver. He shot three bullets into the lock and yanked open the door, finding the driver’s seat empty. After a quick look over the controls he found them pre-rigged.

He sat and tried to move the lever to slow them down but it wouldn’t budge. Unaware where the end game was they had to prepare for the worst. He reached under the panel and yanked at wires but nothing gave him control of the train.

Adam moved to the back past Devin and Bayo stepping over Piper’s lifeless body to Patrick. He gathered him into his arms sitting on the floor with his back to the wall and Patrick’s back against his chest.

“Brace yourselves for impact,” Adam said, holding his head.

Bayo and Devin did as told and waited for impact.

“Adam,” Devin said, catching his attention. “It’s half true. I made advances on Patrick but he shut me down every time. He told me he was in love with you. The reason he came to my apartment was because he was helping Anton—our mother, to tell me Tina separated us at birth, leaving our parent’s in the dark. Anton found Tina’s diary about me. We’re twins. I made Patrick uncomfortable, so Anton stepped in and chewed me out. And that’s the whole truth.”

Adam said nothing. He had his hunches about him and Devin. He rubbed his face against Patrick’s hair and kissed his ear. Now knowing their love was solid and true. The train jerked, and they all braced for impact when the speed decreased and the train came to a slow stop. The doors opened to a platform. Bayo walked out with her gun drawn spotting one flight of steps leading up.

“It’s clear,” she said.

With Devin’s help Adam carried Patrick on his back up the stairs to a public street. People walked past, ignoring the four.

“We need to get back to the tunnel,” Bayo said.

“I’m taking Patrick to a hospital,” Adam said.

“Fine, Devin will come with me,” she said. Devin tried to protest when she grabbed his arm. He looked at his twin as he hailed a cab and knew he didn’t want him there. Adam got Patrick into the cab and climbed in on the other side.

“He hates me,” Devin said.

“You can worry about that later we have to go get his assistant.”

“You mean Justin?”

“Yes.”

“Okay, you can tell me the detail on the way.” He flagged a cab when he noticed a parked Maserati Quattroporte GTS GranLussor. “This is Piper’s car. Let’s take it.”

****************

Adam watched as the doctors and nurses worked on Patrick, who still haven’t awoken. They told him to wait outside, but he refused to leave until he was sure Patrick wouldn’t die in his sleep. He held his own for two hours watching his lover fight for his life.

They stabilized him and was taking him to his room when Anton, Troy and Molly walked out of the waiting room, Adam managed to call his father and tell him where they were. Troy held Anton back as Adam walked passed to Patrick’s room.

“We’ll wait here, Adam,” his father called to him. Adam managed a nod as he followed Patrick.

They returned to their seats Molly and Troy beside Anton, who said nothing.

“He’ll be fine,” Troy said.

“Of course, he will,” Molly agreed, squeezing Anton’s hand.

“What about Devin?” Anton asked.

“What about him?”

They looked up and saw Devin and Justin smiling. Their clothes torn, and each had cuts and bruises, but were in good spirit. Anton rushed at the two and hugged them. Molly and Troy joined him relieved it was all over. When the hugging and greeting was over Anton stepped back and looked at Justin.

“What the hell happened to you?”

“Nothing some cookies wouldn’t fix,” he said.

“I’ll make you a dozen,” Anton said kissing his cheek.

“How’s Patrick?” Devin asked.

“He hasn’t woken yet, but Adam’s with him. I’m sure once he hears his voice, his eyes will open.”

************

Adam waited until they moved Patrick to his bed and left them alone. The nurse handing him a plastic bag with Patrick’s belongings. Adam sat the bag down on the night stand and focus on Patrick. He caressed his hair and cheek, then leaned down and kissed his lips.

“Come on baby, come back,” he begged. “I want to see your eyes, and smile, and you say my name.”

The room seemed too quiet as he took a seat beside him. His eyes drifted to Patrick’s belongings. He grabbed the bag and found nothing of Patrick’s inside, even the cell phone wasn’t his. He removed the cell and looked it over.

“Why would Piper give Patrick a cell phone?” he wondered. Adam woke up the phone finding a preloaded a video; he pressed play and watched as he came into view. Then AJ was there, his eyes widen when he kissed AJ. He looked at Patrick and wonder if he’s seen the image. His heart pounded in his chest at the thought of him finding out. Patrick took a deep breath as his head rocked before his eyes opened to his surroundings.

Terror covered Patrick face as he sits up looking around.

“Pat,” Adam said now at his side.

Patrick looked at him, then his hair black as his mother’s.

“It’s me Pat, I swear it. It’s me. I’ll explain everything when you’re better. But know that you’re safe.”

Patrick stared back, then laid back down, staring at the ceiling.

“I want to see my parents.” Was all he said.

Adam stuffed the cell phone into his pocket and stared back.

“I’ll call them right now. If that’s what you want.”

“I do.”

“Okay. I’ll be right back.”

“No. I need to be alone.”

Adam’s heart sank hearing the words.

“Please, Pat. I want to stay with you.”

“But I don’t want you to stay.”

“Pat, what’s wrong? I know we can get through whatever is bothering you.”

“Maybe you should go talk to the person you rather be with.”

“You saw the video on Piper’s cell?”

“Countless times.”

“Pat, I can explain…”

“Explain what? That you want your ex?”

“No, it wasn’t like that. That kiss was…”

“Was what? A setback?”

“No. I had to—check—if my feelings for AJ were over.”

“Your—feelings for him?”

“Pat…”

“So, I’m to understand that you were never over AJ and I was—what? What the fuck was I, while you figured out your feelings?” Patrick’s tone and heart rate increased.

“Patrick calm down.”

“Don’t tell me what to do. I’m sick of everyone telling me what to do!”

“Pat…”

“What am I to you Adam?”

“You’re my love.”

“No, no I’m not.” His sobs spilled over causing him to turn away, pulling his knees up to his chest. “Leave Adam.”

“No, dammit Pat, no.”

“Until you figure out your—feelings, Detective Potter I don’t—think we should see one another.”

“Pat, I love you.”

“You don’t know that for sure. Go to Detective Chance and you might reconsider.”

“Please, I’m sorry. I never meant to hurt you.”

“No. You never meant for me to find out.”

“Pat…”

“Go Adam. If you care for me, you’ll go!” Patrick broke down sobbing turning from Adam.

As he left the room, he returned to the waiting room and saw Anton standing by the nurse’s station. He fell into his arms.

“Mom,” he choked out.

“Adam, did Patrick take a turn for the worst?”

He shook his head and straighten up.

“Can you call Patrick’s parents for me and tell them where he is? I’ll text you their number.”

“Sure. Is he awake?”

“He is. But wants to be alone.”

“He does? So, are you going to stay with him?”

“I’m going, I have things to clean up before he comes home.”

“Well, Adam we can get someone to do that for you?”

“No, I need to do it myself. Alone.” Before Anton could respond, he kissed him goodbye and left.

This is not the end more chapters to come.. And as always thanks for reading and please leave a like and or comment.
Copyright © 2017 keyisfake; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..