Jump to content
    keyisfake
  • Author
  • 1,558 Words
  • 618 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Lost - Two Timer series - 20. Chapter 20

Troy sat in silence holding the diary open at the end page. His mind was reeling from the truth as Anton remained close by staying quiet. He rose his head and caught Anton’s glassy eyes.

“How long did you know?”

“Not long,” he said, clearing his throat. “After you left for the convention.”

“And you said nothing? Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Because I needed to be sure. I needed to see him for myself before I broke the news to you.”

“You kept this all to yourself.”

“Not for long. I had help.”

“Who? Adam, does he know?”

“No, stars no. I would never drop anything like that in his lap. I kept you and the kids in the dark.”

“Then who?”

“Molly.”

“Molly, my sister?”

“I shared my findings with her and she asked me to send her a picture of Adam. When I did, she said she had an employee who looked like him only with black hair and green eyes. I tried contacting him by phone, but Tina poisoned his mind against us telling him we never loved him. She abandoned him in an orphanage Troy.” Anton’s tears fell at will.

“She—tossed our baby away Troy, to punish me, because he favors me. That’s why she desired Adam to visit her more than his brothers because he resembles you.” Anton covered his face and weep. Troy grabbed hold of him and held him close.

“Anton, you can’t keep carrying heavy burdens alone. It’s not good for your health.”

Anton only shake his head in agreement. Troy cupped Anton’s face.

“We have a fifth son,” he smiled. Anton smiled back and continued to cry out his stress as Troy kissed him.

************

Adam came out of the grocery store with three bags. Once he loaded them into his jeep, he phoned his dad, it rang three times before Troy picked up.

“Adam,” Troy said, in a raspy voice.

“Dad, are you okay? Where’s mom?”

“I’m fine, he’s fine. We’re at your old place if that’s okay. Hotels are pricy in the city.”

“No, that’s great. I caught you on camera when you tripped my motion detector.”

“Oh, did we?”

“Yeah, but it’s fine. I turned it off and I’m bringing over some groceries, so you don’t have to go out.”

“That’s unnecessary.”

“I want to. I’ll be there soon.” Adam hung up and drove off.

*************

Troy lowered his cell and seemed lost in thought.

“Did Adam find Patrick?” asked Anton, drying his eyes.

“No, but he’s bringing provisions.”

“He’s coming over? I need to throw water on my face.” Anton rose to go to the bathroom when Troy grabbed his arm.

“Anton, we can’t tell him about Devin.”

“I know. Adam needs to be in his right mind finding Patrick not learning he’s a twin.”

“We’ll talk to him after.”

“As soon as Patrick’s home.”

“Right.”

**************

Justin stood by and watched him whip up a delicious meal with left over beef strips and egg rolls and rice. He saved some for Adam as they sat down to enjoy their food.

Justin tasted the concoction and smiled.

“Not bad.”

“Thanks. Neither are you,” Devin said, using a spoon to scoop up his food. Justin blushed from his comment as he continued to eat.

“How long have you worked for Adam,” Devin asked.

“A few years.”

“And you never told him?”

Justin considered a response, but changed his mind taking another bite.

“He doesn’t know what he’s missing.”

“Well,” Justin said, wiping his mouth. “If Patrick is rescued…”

“Once, Patrick is saved,” Devin corrected.

“Once he’s safe, you realize, Patrick’s off limits. I mean, your twin is not the type who likes to share.”

“I’ll deal with that when it comes.”

“What about Sergio?”

“What about him?”

“You’re willing to break his heart.”

“Never, but me and Sergio have an open relationship.”

“He fucks around like you?”

“That’s right. Why, are you looking for a boyfriend?”

“No.”

“What’s with all the jealousy towards Patrick?”

“Men cannot control themselves when they’re around him.”

“Anton was fine with him.”

“Because he didn’t lust after him. If he did, he has a habit of giving off crazy vibes that make men act stupid around him.”

“So, me and Adam are stupid?”

Justin started to answer when the phone rang.

**************

Adam dropped the bags off and found his mother sleeping in his old bed.

“Well, I won’t stay,” Adam whispered, moving to the stairs. “I’ll call if anything develops.”

“I know we can’t involve the police, but if you call AJ, I’m sure he’ll be discreet.”

“I don’t want to risk getting him into trouble.”

Which he knew was half true, but Adam didn’t want to mention AJ’s recent behavior.

“Don’t worry, I’ll take precautions,” Adam promised.

“All right. Go home and get rest. You’ll need it.”

“Yeah, I doubt sleep will come.”

“Try, you’ll be no good to save Patrick if you burn out.”

“I’ll try. Night dad.”

“Good night.” Troy kissed his youngest son and gave him a hug before he headed down the stairs.

***************

Adam was two blocks from home when he received a call.

“Hello,”

“Adam.” Patrick’s sober voice sang in Adam’s ear, causing him to hesitate a response. “Adam?” the panic tone tore at him as he pulled to the side of the road missing a tree by a hair.

“Pat, where are you?” He listened to Patrick’s muffle cries die away. Replaced by a mechanical voice.

“We’re sending you directions to bring Devin in two days. If you’re late we have fun with, Pat. If you send the police, we send him home to you in parts.” The line disconnected.

A text came with directions almost identical to Justin’s party invitation.

*************

Devin stood in Adam’s living room with the phone receiver to his ear and holding a framed photo of Patrick standing outside leaning against a fence. His racy grin focused on the camera which told him Adam was taking the picture. He waited until the line dropped before hanging up turning to see Justin enter the room.

“Okay, dishes clean and put away.” Justin eyed the picture in Devin’s hand. “Who’s the picture of, as if I needed to ask?”

Devin examined the photo one last time before showing Justin. He noted how the blonde didn’t hide his annoyance when he rolled his eyes.

“Do you express that in front of Adam?”

Again, no oral response, but a warning scowl as he moved to the couch and plopped down. Devin joined him nudging him with his knee. Justin bumped back seeing a bright smile on Devin’s face.

“Why are you smiling?”

“Because, you look sexy jealous.”

“Jealous of what?”

“No one.” Devin placed his arm around Justin’s waist and pulled him close kissing his pouty lips. When they parted Justin relaxed in his hold. “Don’t think of him when I kiss you. Think only of me.”

Justin nodded his response. Devin searched the blonde’s eyes, kissing his forehead, down to his nose. Before words formed on Justin’s lips Devin embraced him. Justin joined him, wrapping his arms around his shoulders, running his fingers through his lush ebony hair. Their bliss, increased as hands traveled across chest, waist, hips and ass. Devin took the lead and tugged at Justin’s buttons when a key turning in a lock alarmed them. Justin jumped from his position and fixed his clothes while Devin ran his fingers through his hair.

Adam entered his home preoccupied with his thoughts.

“Adam, do you have any leads?” Justin said, concerned.

He ignored Justin and Devin as he moved to the kitchen. They stared at him bewildered.

“What’s wrong with him?” Devin asked.

“I don’t know,” Justin said.

They followed, finding Adam, gazing into an open refrigerator.

Justin moved to him and touched his arm. Adam looked at him.

Adam sighed and recalled his last moments with Patrick wrapped in his embrace.

“If you’re hungry Devin cooked, and we made you a plate,” Justin leaned in trying to get Adam to glimpse at him.

“I don’t want a plate,” Adam snapped. Not meaning to bite Justin’s head off.

“Don’t be cross with him,” Devin said. “He caused none of this.”

Adam turned towards Devin and gave him a fierce glare.

“No, this isn’t his fault, it’s yours.”

Adam was on him before Justin could stop him. He grasped Devin’s shirt slamming him against a wall their faces almost touching.

“If it wasn’t for you, Patrick and Molly wouldn’t be in danger. Come to think of it. Why did they take Patrick? What is his connection with you?”

“Adam, calm down,” Justin cried, grabbing Adam’s shoulder. They’re interrupted when Devin’s cell rang. Devin and Adam said nothing.

“Dammit, Adam let him answer,” Justin pleaded.

Adam pushed off Devin, who hissed, his annoyances. He pulled out his cell and answered.

“Hello?”

“Devin?” Molly’s voice rang clear in his ear as his anger towards Adam extinguished.

“Molly?” Devin cried.

“Molly?” Adam asked, calming down.

“Molly where are you?”

“The hospital,” she said, in a groggy voice.

“The hospital? Which one?” The nurse took the phone and told Devin, Molly had awoken and said he was her emergency contact. “Can I visit her tonight? Yes, thank you.” He hung up and looked at Adam and Justin.

Adam responds.

“I’ll drive.”

Thanks for reading and a comment and or like would be appreciated.
Copyright © 2017 keyisfake; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..