Jump to content
    keyisfake
  • Author
  • 2,411 Words
  • 1,102 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Lost - Two Timer series - 16. Chapter 16

Bad day for everyone.

Anton and Patrick arrived back at the house exhausted.

“This day was draining,” Anton said,

“I could go for a shower,” Patrick said, combing his fingers through his loose curls. “And a relaxing bath,” he finished, by rubbing his neck, dropping his arms to his side.

“That sounds like heaven,” Anton agreed, taking his coat off and tossing it on a nearby chair.

“A glass of wine would be nice too.” Patrick noticed he didn’t have his coat on and shut his eyes to the fear he left his garment in Devin’s apartment. He pushed it out of mind and counted it as a loss. He opened his eyes and head for the kitchen.

“A glass, how about a whole bottle?” Anton chuckled.

“With that leftover cheese?” Anton stopped and wondered why Patrick’s voice sounded like Troy’s. He spun on his heels and saw his husband standing behind him.

“Troy.”

“Anton.”

Patrick stared at them too tired to help Anton.

“Patrick, could I talk with Anton alone?” Troy asked.

“Okay,” Patrick said, giving Anton a apologetic smile before leaving them alone.

Anton looked at his worried husband and sighed, his defeat.

“Before you sting me over your shoulder and carry me back to the hospital can I have that drink first?”

Troy moved to the liquor cabinet in the living room while Anton sat on the couch. He returned holding two glasses of brandy handing one to Anton.

“Just what the doctor ordered,” Anton joked, swallowing the two shots down. He savored the smoothness as it warmed his body. Troy copied him and took both glasses, placing them on the coffee table.

They stared at one another when Troy opened his arm and Anton slipped in resting his face on his chest. Troy wrapped Anton in his strong hold neither saying a word for a moment.

“Anton,” Troy stared to speak when his mate interrupted him.

“I know what you’re going to say, and you’re right. I’m ready to go back to the hospital.”

“You don’t have to.”

“Troy, I fainted again, and don’t worry, this time Patrick was with me.”

“Thank the skies for that. But I know why you are fainting and how to prevent it happening again.”

Anton sat up and looked at him.

“Is it bad?” Anton asked, grasping his husband’s shirt.

“No babe, it’s just your nerves from a vitamin deficiency. The doctor prescribed something to prevent it happening again. You’re to take it with your meals.”

“That’s all?”

“That’s all.”

Anton hugged Troy relieved it wasn’t something worse.

“That’s the second best news I’ve heard.”

“What was the first?”

Anton pulled back and knew it was the right time to tell Troy about Devin when a door, banging closed, came from the kitchen.

“What was that?” Anton whispered.

“Maybe it’s Adam,” Troy said.

“Why would he come in through the back door?”

“Stay here. I’ll go check.”

“The hell I am. I’m coming with you.”

Troy grabbed Anton’s shoulder and made him stay seated.

“Don’t move until I give the okay.”

Before Anton could respond they heard a car start and wheels spinning in the house's front. Troy went to the back door and once out of sight Anton jumped up and headed for the front door. He swung it open and saw a car speeding away, ignoring the stop sign at the corner as it made a right turn.

He returned to the living room and waited for Troy, who returned in a panic. Without a word he raced upstairs.

“Troy, what’s going on?” Anton asked following him. They went to their son’s bedroom and found the door opened, and the shower running. Patrick wasn’t there. “Troy, what’s wrong? Where’s Patrick?”

“I think someone has kidnapped him.”

“What makes you say that?”

“I found this note.” He held up a folded white paper that Anton took and opened.

’If you ever want to see him again. You will not call the police. Wait for our instructions.’ Troy does this mean?”

“I don’t know, but we need to find Adam.”

“Well then let’s call him.”

Troy had his cell out and dialed his son’s number, but it went to voice mail.

***************

Patrick climbed the stairs slower than normal. Drained from the day’s ordeals he wanted to shower and take a long hot bath. Anton seem to have broken through Devin’s defensives making progress. With hope he will tell Troy the truth and arrange for him to meet his lost son. And he won’t have to hide the truth from Adam any longer.

With luck the lip lock with Devin will never have to come to light. Walking into the bathroom, he started the shower as he undressed. He didn’t see a man step out from behind the door.

He tugged his shirt up over his head when he saw the figure standing behind him. The man stood Taller, and broader than Patrick wearing dark clothes and a half face mask with an airbrush of a skull’s jaw.

Patrick’s reaction time moved slower as he stood staring at the intruder in shock. A gloved hand rose and covered his mouth with a damp cloth as a second hand wrapped across his shoulders. The aroma of sweet flowers filled his nostrils. His reaction came too late as he brought his hands up to move the hand and cloth. His body relaxed under the man’s hold and his eyes grew heavy blacking out.

When the assailant was sure Patrick succumbed to the drug, he stuffed the rag into his pocket. He lift Patrick’s unconscious body over his shoulder carrying him out of his bedroom, down the hall to the back stairs that led to the kitchen. Not bothering being quiet as he exited the house, slamming the door behind him. He carried Patrick through the fence, to the front of the house where the man’s partner was waiting by their car. Tossed into the back seat, a blanket thrown over his body as the car sped off.

***************

Adam sat in an interrogation room with an ice pack on the back of his head waiting; what seemed like an eternity the door finally opened. AJ walked in holding a folder. Neither said a word as Adam watched the detective walk around the desk and sat down.

AJ stared at his ex-lover with mixed emotion. Adam had only one look and it was contempt.

“How’s your head?” AJ said in a soft voice.

“It fucking hurts,” Adam snapped, tossing the ice pack onto the table it slid to a stop between them.

“Well,” AJ glanced down opening the folder. “We checked out your story and found most to be true.”

“Oh, lucky me.”

“Adam, this is serious.”

“Sorry, was I being unprofessional?”

AJ knew it was a shot at his behavior, but ignored his comment.

“Devin Murphy is a witness to the crimes of one named Piper Monroe.”

“So?”

“Adam. They connect Piper Monroe to murder, blackmail, money laundering, prostitution, and other offenses. Devin Murphy’s our key witness.”

“So why didn’t you put him under witness protection?”

“He was, until we found out the officer watching him was on Monroe’s payroll.”

“And I’m a part of this how?”

“You were the one who served the warrant.”

“I wasn’t there to serve a warrant.”

“I gave it to you.”

“I served one warrant to Sergio Blackheart.”

“Yes, and I also gave you a second one I brought over with Artie.”

“I thought you took it with you. I never saw it.”

“Then how can you explain how it got into Devin’s apartment?”

“No clue.”

AJ stepped away, tossing his head back frustrated.

“Am I being charged with anything?” Adam said, getting to his feet. AJ locked eyes with him defeated.

“No, you’re free to go.”

Adam started for the door when AJ stepped in front of him blocking his exit. He took a step back, eyeing AJ with disdain.

“Adam, have you thought over our last encounter?”

“I’m trying to forget it ever happened.”

“You can’t say you felt nothing for me.”

“I can’t say that, but I will say it will change nothing between us. Patrick is my past, present, and future.”

“So, you’ll adapt to his world?”

“That is none of your concern AJ. Now if you don’t mind, I like to get my personal belongings and go back to my office.” Adam didn’t wait for a response from his ex-lover as he touched his arm and pushed him aside to leave. When he opened the door Artie Cutter stepped into his path.

“Leaving so soon, Potter,” the older detective said.

Adam said nothing as he pushed past Artie and headed for the Sargent’s desk to receive his wallet, cell, and handcuffs. He had to find his way back to his jeep not wanting to ask for a ride from either detective.

“Adam,” AJ called following Adam out of the station. “Just wait a second,” he asked, grabbing onto Adam’s arm. Adam wanted to jerk away from his touch, but changed his mind as he stopped to hear him out.

“What now AJ?”

“I want to give you a ride back to your jeep.”

“That’s not a good idea.”

“Why, don’t you trust yourself with me?”

Adam hesitated a response. Which made AJ smile.

“Fine.”

They moved to AJ’s sedan that Adam noticed was brand new.

“Tired of Artie’s car?” he asked, climbing in and fastening his seatbelt.

“Artie got this for me as a belated birthday gift.”

“That’s right your birthday was last week.”

“You remember.”

“Only because you brought it up.”

They drove in silence as Adam checked his cell for messages. He found a text from his father all in caps telling him to come home. AJ pulled up behind his jeep.

“Thanks for the ride,” he said, climbing out before AJ could respond. He made it to the driver door when AJ called to him.

“Adam, please.”

Against his better judgement Adam turned to him. AJ stepped to him with pleading in his eyes.

“I’m sorry for causing you so much confusion. I can’t stop thinking about you and what we had. At night I dream about you and I know that isn’t fair.”

Adam could smell his intoxicating cologne and see the hunger in his eyes as he spoke. Everything he put him through seem to fade as he listened to his imploring voice.

“I only wanted you to know my feelings and that I will respect your new relationship with Pat…”

Adam cut him off by kissing him. He held his shoulders in a tight grip as their kiss deepened. When they parted his mind reeled at what he did. AJ reached up and touched Adam’s cheek just as his cell rang. Adam looked at the caller ID and saw his father’s name. He remembered the text he received.

“I need to take this.”

“That’s fine, I need to get back. Text me later.” AJ returned to his car as Adam answered his cell.

“Yeah dad.”

“Adam, you need to get home now. It’s Patrick.”

“Patrick? What’s wrong?”

“Come home.”

A knot grew in his chest from his father’s tone and from the betrayal he committed with AJ. He saw AJ drive off as he climbed into his jeep and sped home.

****************

Devin and Bayo enter Sergio’s office. Devin went straight to Gio, desperate.

“Gio, they found me. I don’t know how, but they did. They threatened people I know.”

“Calm down Devin, I’ll do my best to help.”

“Please, I need you to protect Molly.”

“That I can’t do. I sent my men to go retrieve her and bring her here, but when they arrived, a note was in her place.” Sergio gave him the paper.

“If you ever want to see her again, you will not cooperate with the police.” Devin shook with fear as he kept staring at the note.

Sergio stepped to him and touched his hands calming his shakes.

“Devin I will spare no cost in getting her back to you.”

“They don’t want me to testify.”

“Never mind that, I have a detective under my employment who will assist in finding her.”

“But they said no police.”

“He’s a private detective who will be discreet.”

“Gio, what if they hurt her?”

“It would be in their best interest not to harm her if they want your cooperation. Until they settle this you’re staying with me. Now go have a stiff drink while I make a phone call.”

**************

When Adam entered, he found his parents in the living room. His mother was crying as his dad stood and handed him the note.

He read the message several times trying to find clues to what was happening. He moved away from his parents as he ran his day through his mind as to any connection to a case that would cause harm to the man he loved, but none came.

“Adam, what are we going to do?” Anton asked through tears. “Should we call his parents?”

Adam turned to him alarmed.

“No, that will be the worst thing to do,” Adam said.

“But they have a right to know.”

“Mom, we can’t. If Patrick’s dad finds out he will go on a rampage and that could get Patrick hurt or worst. I’ll take full responsibility in getting Patrick home.”

“But Adam…”

“Anton,” Troy interrupted. “Listen, for once and let our son do his job.”

“Thanks dad.”

“They said they will contact us I think they might use Patrick’s cell. I couldn’t locate it in your room.”

Adam checked his phone and remembered the spyware he installed in both his and Patrick’s cell in case of an emergency. He held his breath and pushed in his lover’s cell number. The waiting was tearing his soul apart when it paid off. He looked at his father and smiled.

“Dad don’t answer the phone I’m going to have the calls transferred to my cell.”

“You found him?” Anton asked, standing.

“With luck, he’ll be home tonight.”

“Adam please be careful,” Anton said, approaching. Adam leaned in and kissed his mother on the cheek.

“I’ll bring him home. But for now, I want you two to go home.”

“Why, you think they’ll come back?” Troy asked.

“Just a precaution.”

“We’re not leaving now,” Anton protest.

“Mom, please.”

“No, he’s right Adam. We’re not going home, we’ll stay at a hotel,” Troy said.

“Fine.”

“Now go find Patrick.”

Thanks for staying with me please leave a comment and or like.
Copyright © 2017 keyisfake; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
  • Love 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

When I read this I feel like I’m stuck in a time loop with the way things are repeated, though I’m sure that’ll be fixed in an update. Spoiler: Considering these stories seem to be posted sort of out of order anyone who’s read the other stories in the series which “seem” to take place after this one would know that these relationships don’t appear to end due to all of the cheating in this story though it doesn’t make you any happier to read about these people making such foolish decisions in the heat of the moment. The kiss between Adam and AJ is especially disturbing as Adam is the one who initiated it, though his grief & worry over potentially losing Patrick will likely result in AJ’s very existence slipping from his mind at least for a time. With their history I get Patrick’s attraction to AJ to some extent as they were lovers in the past but I don’t fully understand the attraction due to AJ being a complete jerk. I mesn the attraction is purely superficial considering how things ended between them, AJ’s attitude, and the clear indicator AJ isn’t the faithful type as he’s also in a relationship yet wants to pursue one with Adam. Overall almost everyone in this story seems to be with the partner they should be with exceptions of AJ & Devin, though they clearly shouldn’t be with Adam & Patrick. I mean Sergio seems nice to Devin but he’s not the most upstanding citizen so I think Devin could do better and if AJ isn’t satisfied then he should move on rather than cheat.

Edited by NimirRaj
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Sorry about the double chapter I'll fix it.

 

This book is 4th in the series and the others stories happen before this one. they're not out of order.

I understand the poor choices of my characters make.

And consequences are coming but in their defense they are damaged people. And damaged people make bad decisions.

That's why I call it the Two Timer series.

Adam was hurt by AJ resulting  in him leaving town. He likes to be in control of his life and his surroundings especially his relationships.

AJ took control from him by cheating on him and by flirting with Adam he's giving control back to him.

Adam's conflicted he loves Patrick but wants payback with AJ.

I hope this clears something up. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..