Jump to content
    keyisfake
  • Author
  • 2,218 Words
  • 1,239 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Lost - Two Timer series - 8. Chapter 8

Adam sees Sergio.
Patrick searches for Anton and instead runs into Devin.

Adam watched the video three times unable to get a make on the person. A knock at his door gave Adam relief from the drudgery of his work as he told Justin to enter.

Justin stepped halfway into the office.

“Lunch time boss. Do you want me to bring you something back?”

“No, I could use the break. Where are you going to eat?”

“The diner.”

“Mind if I join you?”

“Sure, I would love the company.”

**************

Their lunch comprised chicken fried steaks with a roasted vegetable. Adam remained quiet through the meal. When finished, they ordered coffee. Justin sighed as Adam thoughts were elsewhere.

“You know I could have eaten alone and had better company,” Justin teased.

Adam came back to the present apologetic.

“Sorry Justin. I’m having trouble finding out a person’s identity off that disk Blackheart gave me. The image is just too gritty.”

“Let me look.”

“You think you can get a clear face?”

“Sure, all it takes is the right program.”

“Okay, we have two days to produce something.”

“I’ll start as soon as we get back.”

“Do the best you can, I need to talk to Sergio about why he needs to find this mystery man.”

“Okay.”

Adam paid, and he walked Justin back to the office where he climbed into his jeep and sped off.

**************

Anton shifted where he laid as he opened his eyes.

“What am I looking at?” he murmured as his eyes focused on a door. It wasn’t his door or one he remembered but it seemed familiar. It came to him when it opened and a male wearing a white uniform entered. He looked right at him then smiled.

“Mr. Potter, you’re awoke.

“What an odd question to ask?” thought Anton. He glanced at his surrounding and realized he was in a hospital. He glanced down and saw he was in a dressing gown.

The male grasped his wrist, his fingertips were gentle. He started at his watch as he checked Anton’s pulse.

“Okay, your heart-rate sounds good, now I’ll check your blood pressure.”

His braided hair bound into pony tail that hung down his back. He stood about Anton’s height, young, if he had to guess he would say about Adam’s age. A warm smile on his clean-shaven face relaxed Anton as his arm’s squeezed.

“Okay,” he said, removing the velcro band from Anton’s arm. “blood pressure is normal.”

“Well that’s good,” Anton said. “May I asked how I got here?”

“Someone found you unconscious in the park.”

“Unconscious?”

“That’s right. Were you attacked, or did you faint?”

“I might have fainted.”

“I’ll make a note in your chart for the doctor.”

“Where are my clothes?”

“They’re in the closet along with your personal items.”

“Well, if my vitals look good then I won’t waste your time. I’m sure you could use the bed.” Anton tried to climb out of bed when the nurse touched his shoulders stopping him.

“Mr. Potter you should stay put until the doctor gets here. Besides you blood work isn’t back yet.”

“Blood work?” Anton looked at his arm and saw the gauze held down with a band aid. “Why did you take my blood?”

“You were unresponsive for four hours.”

“Four hours.” Anton thought raced to Patrick who might panic and call Adam. “I need my cell phone.”

“It’s in your things. I’ll get it for you.” The Nurse retrieved the phone and placed it in his hand. “The doctor will be here after you have lunch. There’s water in the pitcher and your call button is right here in hands reach.”

“Thank you.” The nurse left, and Anton called Patrick.

*************

They escorted Adam up to Sergio’s private office where he had served him the summons. Two body guards, whom Adam interacted with, walked him past young beautiful males of mixed races dressed in multi-color thin cotton shorts and crop tops all bare feet. They lounged on the sofa, in the pool, and at the bar. Sergio sat behind his desk reading papers. An, enchanted, Albino female with long blonde braids stood beside the desk wearing dress pants with an open jacket and a long cropped white shirt. She cast a wary stared at Adam.

Sergio glanced up with a critical look that turned to a smile.

“Detective Potter, I hope this visit is news about my case?”

“Not actually, I need to ask you some questions about the man on the disk.”

Sergio sat back in his chair thinking over Adam’s question. He glanced over the room and without hesitation he barked.

“Leave,” was all he said to his harem. Without a word or sound of protest they filed out.

Adam watched as the ones in the pool didn’t even towel off as they raced out of the room. The one’s who remained were his bodyguards, wet footprints, and the female who, Adam assumed was his assistant.

Sergio returned his attention back to Adam smiling.

“Please sit.” He gestured to a chair placed behind Adam by one guard. Adam accepted the seat and sat. “Would you like a refreshment, tea, coffee, water?” The second guard rolled up a cart with the items Sergio mentioned.

“No, thank you.”

Sergio waved the cart away and folded his hands on his lap.

“How can I assist detective?”

“I need to know why you are looking for this man?”

Adam heard movement behind him causing Sergio to hold up his hand stopping whatever was about to happen.

“Detective Potter, I hired you to find him. Why I want him is no concern of yours.”

“I think it is,” Adam said.

“He doesn’t pay you to think. He pays for you to do,” a voice behind him snapped.

“That’s enough,” Sergio ordered his guard. “Detective Potter is right.” He leaned forward placing his arms on his desk. “The man is stalking a friend of mine.”

“So, your friend asked you to find him?”

“No, I’m doing this on my own. He believes he can handle him. But he’s become more aggressive and unpredictable. I worried he might take things to the next level.”

“Your friend could always get a restraining order.”

“You of all people know those are hard to enforce.”

“Can you tell me where your friend works?”

“No. I told you, he knows nothing about this.”

“There’s no need to get him involved. I can stake out his place to see who comes and goes and if I see the mark, I can follow him to where he lives.”

“The mark, I like that. But you can’t approach my friend. He’ll be furious with me.”

“I won’t.”

Sergio pondered over Adam’s idea before answering.

“The Pleasure Hole is his place of work. Heard of it?”

“In conversation.”

“It’s a wonderful establishment. Anything else you need?”

“No, that should be enough.”

“Good, now if you will excuse me, I have work to do. Sam and George will show you out.”

Sergio went back to his papers as Adam rose to leave. When he entered the hallway, He saw the handsome males lined up waiting to go back inside. Adam passed them as some winked, others puckered their lips mimicking a kiss and some bold enough to brush his arm, leg and ass. His mind raced to Patrick as the giggling group filed into the office.

He made it outside when George called him out.

“Hey Potter,” Adam turned to look when a blow to his gut sent him to his knees. Onlookers hurried past not wanting to get involved. “I’m gonna teach you some manners,” George said.

“No, you’re not,” Sam ordered grabbing George’s arm holding him back. “Blackheart said hands off,” Sam said, “For now,” he directed his last comment to Adam. He helped Adam to his feet who yanked away from the man grip. “Easy Potter, no harm done. George just got a little excited.”

Adam’s took a deep breath as the pain subsided, but his rage was getting the best of him.

“Come on George shake his hand and apologies,” Sam said.

George walked to Adam and held out his hand. Adam looked at it then at George before accepting the peace offer.

“No hard feeling detective,” George spitted out. Adam held the hand as his grip grew tighter and yanked the man forward smacking his forehead into his face. Blood spilled from his nose as Adam released George’s hand where it went to cover the pain on his face. He cried out his agony as Adam stepped back to observe his work.

“Yeah no hard feelings,” Adam said walking back to his Jeep.

“You’re gonna to regret doing that Potter,” Sam, snapped, as Adam climbed in and drove off.

*************

Patrick sat in a coffee shop drinking his order as he stared at his cell. Unsure if he should go home and hope that Anton would return or call Adam.

His watch showed it’s been two hours since he last seen Anton. He considered giving up when someone stepped into view.

“Are you still hanging around?” Devin asked.

“No,” Patrick said, offended. “It’s a free country, I can have coffee here if I want.”

Devin sat at the table with him giving him a curious look.

“Lowbrow for you isn’t it?”

“I like a small café, they remind me of Italy. So, stop painting me as a snob.”

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to offend you.”

“Well you did. Besides don’t you have to get back to work?”

“Not until two. Have you eaten?”

The mention of eating triggers a growl from Patrick’s empty stomach. Devin smiled at Patrick’s embarrassment.

“Come on, I know a food truck that peddles, amazing tacos.”

“I’m not sure…”

“Oh, so you are a snob?”

“No! Fine, I happen to love taco’s, so, they better be amazing.”

“Let’s go.”

Patrick left with Devin just as Adam’s jeep pulled up in front of the Pleasure Hole from the opposite direction.

The tacos were small but packed with flavor. Patrick consumed four of them washing them down with a beer. Devin ate five himself as they sat on the side of the curb.

“That was SOOO, good,” Patrick said, wiping his mouth with a paper napkin.

“Told you,” Devin responded, drinking the last of his beer.

Patrick finished his beer, glancing round to see if Anton had returned.

“So, what does this boyfriend of yours do?” Devin asked, gaining Patrick’s attention again.

“He’s in law,” Patrick wasn’t sure how much information about Adam he should share.

“A lawyer?”

“No, more like a detective.”

“Oh cool.”

“What about yours?” Patrick asked wanting to change the subject.

“He owns a gentlemen’s club.”

“Wow, that’s sound exciting.”

“Yeah, I guess.”

Both sat their beers down. Patrick looked at his cell.”

“Are you expecting a call?”

“What?”

“You keep looking at your phone.”

“Sorry, I am.” Patrick stood up gathering his trash. Devin stood taking Patrick’s and his to the garbage. “Thanks for lunch but I should pay you my half.”

“I don’t want your money.” The way he said the words took Patrick off guard, reminding him of Adam.

“What?”

Devin pulled him in and gave him a profound kissed. The mouth on his aroused his body. Patrick’s head floated in disbelief at what he was doing. He pushed against the stronger male trying to break the kiss. Devin released him showing regret on his face.

“Please Patrick, I’m sorry, I never meant to…” Patrick moved from Devin flustered by his actions. “… It’s just, I can’t stop thinking about you.”

Patrick stared back at the man and step to him slapping him across the face.

“Get over it!” Patrick shouted. Devin’s cheek stung but his feeling never wavered. “I’m trying to help you.”

“Help me, with what? Convincing me to believe a murderer?”

“Anton didn’t kill Tina, the police did, to prevent her from killing, your mother.”

“Mother? Anton’s a man.”

“That’s what your brothers refer to him, their mother.”

“Brothers?”

“Yes, you have brothers and a father who will want to meet you.”

“This is too much I can’t…”

“You’re right, it is, I should go.”

“I’ll see you tomorrow,” Devin said.

“What?”

“You said you’ll come over if I read the diary.”

“I’m not getting alone with you.”

“Why, can’t you trust yourself?”

“I’m not the one I need to trust.”

“Either you come tomorrow or forget the whole thing. And tell Anton he will go to jail if he comes near me again.” He turned to walk away but Patrick’s voice stopped him.

“Fine, all right. I’ll come over. But give me your word you won’t kiss me again.”

“Deal.”

“Wait, you answered too fast. No touch what so ever Devin, I’m in love with someone else.”

“Fine.”

“Say it.”

“I’ll keep my hands to myself, and lips.”

“I’m trusting you.”

“See you tomorrow.” Devin walked off and Patrick walked in the opposite direction. He considered going home when his cell rang. He checked the ID.

“Anton, thank god, where are you?”

“Patrick listen, I’m in the hospital but I’m fine. I need you to come and get me.”

“The hospital, I should call Adam.”

“No, no you shouldn’t. Just come and get me. I’m fine.”

“Okay, I’ll get a car and be there soon.”

“And no telling Adam?”

“No telling Adam.”

Thank for reading I'm having fun with this one. Please leave a like and or comment.
Copyright © 2017 keyisfake; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

It's one of Anton's faults he keeps feeling he needs to protect his family even when he's suffering.

thanks for you for seeing that..

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..