Jump to content
    keyisfake
  • Author
  • 1,742 Words
  • 17,227 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Lost - Two Timer series - 17. Chapter 17

Adam's mad.

A cool sensation washed over Patrick as he took in a deep breath, opening his eyes to haziness. His vision cleared, and he saw a familiar face.

“Molly,” he said in a raspy voice.

“It’s so good to hear your voice, I was so worried those animals might have injured you.” Her red hair hung loose around her face as she smiled down at him.

“What’s going on? Why are you in my house?”

Molly gasped, her despair glancing around their confinement. An abandon train car that was once a money car. Thick tinted windows, making it impossible to see in or out. All seats removed for the carts carrying money bags no longer there. Reinforced floors and walls with shotgun racks now empty, to defend the train.

Their captors gave them each a blanket and a case of bottle water. They wrapped Patrick in his, covering his shirtless body while she used hers to place under his head. She cleared away debris when they brought in Patrick.

Molly tore a strip off her blanket to make a compress; she soaked it with water ringing it out then draped it on Patrick’s forehead.

“I’m sorry to say we are not at your home my dear.” Patrick glanced around seeing she was right and sat up still groggy from being drugged. Molly kept her hand against his back in case he became dizzy.

“What?” he stammered. “Where are we?” he asked, not turning to her.

“We are in an old money car,” she responded, in a soft voice.

“A money car?” he asked, turning to her.

“They’re used them to transfer money collected at stations. They abandon this one.”

“Why are we here?”

“You and I are a bargaining chip.”

Patrick glanced around eyeing the cold interior of their prison.

“I still don’t understand.”

“Devin, knows something that can put a dangerous man away and we’re here to prevent him from testifying against him.”

“Devin?”

“I’m afraid so.”

Patrick’s shoulders slouched as he shivered realizing his top was missing. He remembered he was undressing before someone attacked him. He pulled the blanket tighter around him and moved to lean against a wall next to Molly.

“Do you know what time it is?”

“No idea.”

“Were you here before me?”

“Yes.”

Patrick exhaled his defeat.

“Asking you if you tried to find a way out?”

“It’s pointless. I believe we’re in a tunnel. So even if we escaped this car, we won’t find the exit.

“How can you be sure we’re in a tunnel?”

“The dusty, metallic odor in the air. It’s ingrained in my mind.”

“I’ve never been in the subway.”

“Not once?”

“No.”

“I will confess, I’m relieved to have company. The sounds down here are unsettling.”

“Where’s the bathroom?”

Molly cleared her throat and pointed in the far corner at a bucket. Patrick groaned again before closing his eyes.

**************

Adam rushed into his office and raced past Justin, who held the phone to his ear. Justin hung up and followed, finding Adam rifling his desk for something as he muttered to himself.

“Adam what’s wrong, what are you looking for?”

“A summons,” he snapped, flinging papers across his desk so vigorous they were falling off. Justin scrambled to pick things up only for more to drop.

“Adam, wait,” Justin pleaded.

“I can’t, I need that summons.”

“It’s not here,” Justin said.

“Keep looking it’s a clue to find Patrick.”

“Patrick? What happened to him?”

Adam stopped and turned to Justin.

“someone has kidnapped him, and I don’t know why, but I think it has something to do with the summons.”

Justin closed his eyes and remembered handing the summons to Devin and falling into bed with him.

“Adam, I need to tell you something. I took the summons.”

“What? Why?”

“I saw how stress you were with AJ so I wanted to help and deliver it for you.”

Adam approached him and grabbed him by his shoulders.

“I thought as much. And I should warn you about the danger you put yourself in but I don’t have time. Tell me the name and address on the summons.”

Justin told Adam the address and gave him the name.

“Devin Murphy?” Adam repeated the familiar last name. He remembered Sergio Blackheart giving him the address. “I have to go.” Adam said, turning when Justin grabbed his arm.

“Adam, I’m sorry,” Justin cried. Adam place his palm on his assistant’s cheek.

“I’m not mad at you. Lock up and go home and I’ll call you later.”

“I want to help.”

“Justin…”

“Please Adam, let me come with you.”

Adam didn’t want to put him in danger, but he needed someone with a clear head.

“All right, you can come along, but you do as I say.”

“I will, I swear. Also, Sergio called and wanted you to come over should I call him back and cancel?”

“No. In fact, he’s just the man I wanted to see.”

**************

When they arrived at Blackheart’s club Adam had no problem getting inside. They escorted him and Justin up to his office, minus his beauties. Sergio stood in the room's middle with Sam on his left and Bayo on his right. George was out of the room.

Adam stopped short and Justin stood back a pace, giving Adam room in case a fight broke out.

“Detective Potter, thank you for coming,” Sergio said.

“I didn’t come because you called, I came for answers.”

“And what answers do you seek?”

“The identity of the stalker.”

“Yes, they showed their hand.”

“Fuck Sergio, I want their names and location now,” Adam barked, causing Sam to reach into his jacket pocket only for Sergio to stopping his action by holding up his hand. Bayo remained calm as she stared at Adam.

“Detective Potter we are all in this together. I called you here to help in a rescue.”

“A rescue? How do you know about Patrick? Did you take him to get me here?”

Sergio gazed at him stunned. Almost lost for words.

“What? No. Do you mean Patrick Valdez?”

“So, you have him.”

Adam tried to rush Sergio when Sam stepped in his way. He tussled with the man taking two blows in the gut he was ready for. A counter attack by swinging his elbow into the man’s jaw, caused him to stumble, giving Adam time to punch him several times in the face until he dropped.

He turned finding Bayo standing behind him smiling and Justin being held back by someone whose face he couldn’t get a clear view.

Adam moved on adrenaline ready for anything she delivered when a blow to his back sent him to the floor. Justin called out his name before another punch to his face knocked him unconscious.

**************

When Adam arrived Sergio order Devin to hide in the back behind the bar where he could watch and listen to everything on the monitor.

He observed Adam enter followed by Justin.

“What is he doing here?” he wondered. He stared at Adam in awe seeing similarities and differences. “This is my twin brother?” The words cause a tingling sensation to run through his body. The hope of someone having the same similarities as himself. Also, the same taste in men, referring to Justin and Patrick.

“Fuck Sergio, I want their names and location now.” Adam’s booming voice startled Devin as he watched him yelling at Sergio. “How do you know about Patrick?”

“Patrick?” Devin wondered. “He can’t be talking about the same person?” Sergio said Patrick’s last name. After that Adam went into a frenzy.

Devin remembered the kiss. “Did they take him and Molly?” he wondered. He raced out of the room and saw the commotion. Before he could say anything, Justin called out Adam’s name before Bayo knocks the detective out cold.

***************

Adam’s head spun as he came to and saw Justin staring back at him. He tried to move but found himself restrained to a chair.

“Adam, are you, all right?” Justin asked, holding a cloth he used on Adam’s bruised chin.

“Did they hurt you?” Adam asked, fighting against his bindings.

“No…”

Sergio cut Justin off.

“We thought it best to restrain you, so we can explain.”

“You’ll have to untie me.”

“We will, but only when you hear me out. First, I did not kidnap Patrick. I believe he’s with another missing person I asked you here to find.”

“Who?”

“Molly,” Devin said, stepping into view.

Adam’s face said it all as he looked back at the man Sergio mistaken him for. Without the black locks and brown eyes, he resembled him.

“What the fuck?”

“Crazy how we look alike,” Devin said.

“Yeah,” Adam said, not connecting to possible relations.

“Look, those animals took people we love,” Sergio said. “You can get them back.”

“Untie me.”

Devin looked from Justin to Sergio.

“Can we trust you will keep a handle on your temper Detective Potter?” Sergio asked.

“You have my word.”

They freed him. As he rose to his feet, everyone was on edge as to his next move.

“Tell me everything,” Adam said.

**************

Patrick paced while Molly sat on a hard-stainless steel counter, with her feet dangling, wrapped in her fleece blanket. Patrick learned fast how chilly it got inside the car as he shivered under his blanket. He walked over to Molly and sat on a table across from her. The icy metal cut through his pants as if he wasn’t wearing any.

“Our jailors are not accommodating, are they?” Molly asked, seeing his discomfort.

“Well, if you minus the hardness and bone chilling touch I’d give it a two,” Patrick said.

“Why a two?” Molly asked, smiling.

“I can sit. And I have company.”

This made her chuckle.

“Well, I wish it was in different circumstances.”

“Don’t worry, Adam will find us.”

“I have no doubt my nephew will.”

“Nephew?”

“Didn’t Anton tell you? I’m Troy’s sister.”

“What? No, he never told me.”

“Well, he had other things on his mind.”

“Devin.”

“He never meant for any of this to happen.”

“I figure as much.”

“I would love to know how you and Adam met.”

“We have time. Then you can tell me how you met Devin?”

“Deal.”

A loud bang startled them as they got to their feet. Patrick stood in front of Molly, who tried to protest. But before she could say a word, the doors slid open.

Thanks for reading and as always please leave a comment and or like if you enjoyed.
Copyright © 2017 keyisfake; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..