Jump to content
    keyisfake
  • Author
  • 1,098 Words
  • 1,002 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Lost - Two Timer series - 22. Chapter 22

Anton and Troy entered Molly’s hospital room and saw Devin sitting beside her holding her hand. He didn’t bother turning around. Anton tried to move to Devin when Troy grabbed his arm stopping him. He turned and saw Troy’s hesitance. Anton smiled and patted his husband’s strong arm coasting him into the room.

Devin stroked Molly’s hand with his fingertips as he regretted ever bringing her into his chaotic world. He sniffed and wiped a tear away when he caught a glance of Anton and another man. Anton watched Devin stiffened in his chair and feared he might bolt.

“Don’t mind us, please. We wanted to see Molly was all right,” Anton said. “She’s my sister-in-law. Oh, and this is Troy my husband and Molly’s, brother.”

Devin stood unsure what to do seeing his other father for the first time. Troy tried not to stare, but he not only saw his youngest son, Adam, but the eyes of his soulmate. The bed separated them as Troy searched for words to say to his lost son.

“Devin, is it?” Troy asked.

Devin swallowed a nervous lump and nodded.

“Well, it's good to—finally meet you. I’m your father.” Troy extended his hand over his sister as Devin hesitated before accepting his palm and shaking it. Troy senses a slight difference in Devin’s hand strength to Adam’s.

Anton smiled with pride at his two men when a broken voice spoke.

“Well—it’s about time you visited,” Molly said.

They broke their handshake and all focused on the woman in the bed.

“Molly,” Devin said, taking her hand again.

“Thank the stars you’re all right,” Anton said, kissing her forehead.

Molly glanced up at her quiet brother.

“And what about you Troy; thrilled to see me?” Molly asked.

“More than you know,” he said, taking her other hand.

“Good, everyone’s happy to see me. Then how about a stiff drink?”

“I’ll get you some water,” Anton said, moving to a side table with a pitcher and a wrapped paper cup.

“Molly, other than drugging you, did they hurt you?” Devin asked.

She shook her head no just as Anton gave her a cup with a straw. Molly drained the cup of cool water and nodded her thanks to Anton, sighing her relief.

“Were you with anyone named, Patrick?” Troy asked.

“That poor boy’s still with that monster. They drugged him first.”

“Do you remember where they kept you?” Anton asked.

“Underground, in an abandon subway train. But I don’t know where.”

“We can’t tell the police,” Troy said. “They threaten to hurt Patrick if we do.”

“Then what Troy? Patrick needs help,” Molly asked,

“Don’t worry Adam will get him back.”

“What if he can’t?” Devin asked Troy.”

“Your—brother will not rest until he brings Patrick home. Molly, for now play dumb with the police when they question you. Tell them you were blindfolded during the whole thing.”

“I can do that,” Molly said.

“Where is Adam?” Devin asked.

“We didn’t see him,” Anton said. “Only Justin.”

“Maybe he went to get coffee,” Troy said.

Devin doubts that, something inside him said Adam left.

“I’ll go find him,” Devin said. He started for the door, then stopped and turned to Troy and Anton. “Will you two still be here when I get back?”

“Until they kick us out,” Troy said. “Did you need some alone time with Molly?”

“No, I was just wondering. I’ll be back.”

As he left a warm sensation washed through him. He moved to the nurse’s station where he caught Justin talking to a male nurse. He was about to ask him where Adam was when Artie grabbed his arm.

“Devin Murphy, you’re coming with us,” Artie said.

“What? No, I’m not,” Devin snapped.

“Yes, you are Devin. We’re putting you under witness protection until the trial.”

“Wait, you can’t do this.” But his protest went on death ears as Justin watched as they handcuffed him and moved him to the elevator. He looked to Justin calling to him. “Justin you have to find Adam and tell him.”

Justin didn’t respond as he watched the elevator door close. He turned and went to Molly’s room thinking Adam was there. But when he arrived, he found only Anton and Troy.

“Justin, did Devin find Adam?” Anton asked.

Justin didn’t want to upset them so he lied.

“Devin and Adam had to go. They didn’t tell me where but they said not to worry.”

“Well, that’s strange?” Anton said.

“Maybe it’s about Patrick, Adam might have a lead,” Troy said.

“Yeah, that could be it. He told me to go home,” Justin said.

“Do you need a ride?” Troy asked.

“No, I’ve already called a cab, it’s downstairs.”

“Well, come here and give me a hug,” Anton said, who embraced Justin kissing his cheek as Troy patted his back. “Be careful.”

“I will be. Bye.” He left and played his hunch where Adam might go first.

**************

Devin sat in the backseat, his hands cuffed behind him. Artie sat beside him while AJ drove.

“You're making a mistake,” Devin said.

“Calm down,” Artie said, staring out of the window. “We’re just taking you to a safe house.”

“I don’t need a safe house.”

“After what happened in your apartment, you still believe that?” AJ asked, stopping at a red-light glancing in his rearview mirror.

“Detective Potter was helping me.”

“What does Potter have to do with this?” Artie asked.

“He’s a detective, isn’t he?”

“So, he says. But what connection does he have with you?”

“With me?”

“Are you two related?” AJ cuts in, knowing all of Adam’s brothers. “A cousin?”

“What difference does it make?” Artie and Devin said at the same time giving each other an embarrassed glance.

Relieved the light turned green, AJ returned his focus to the road not responding to the question. When he gazed into the rearview mirror and saw a car speeding towards them. Before he could respond another car sped through the red light and side swiped AJ’s right front bumper sending the car into a tailspin. AJ jerked right hitting his head against the window that cracked than the air bag released just as a second car smashed his left rear bumper.

His head spun as he tried not to black out. He could hear voices or maybe one voice as he tried to turn around. His vision became blurred as he saw the back door opened and someone pulled out of the car.

“Artie,” who laid slouched over, was all AJ could say before he passed out.

Thanks for reading and please leave a like and or comment.
Copyright © 2017 keyisfake; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..